+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Join the Quality Flood ^^/

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Join the Quality Flood ^^/

AO's gallery features have always rocked. They're part of what makes this forum more than just another hangout for narutards. So why aren't we using them to their fullest potential?

The scan gallery's full of rips from Minitokyo (without the credits saying "scanned for minitokyo don't repost" removed), undersized images, ripped Japanese fanart and game CG. I've yet to see an image submitted in the last two weeks that I actually believe the submitter scanned themselves O_o;

The comment level is a bit lackluster too. I notice that people busting their butts to draw fanart aren't getting much love in return... The ratings system is underused (and only takes a second to use).

The wallpaper section's nowhere near it's former glory (or traffic)

As a firm believer that quality inspires quality in turn ~ I'm going to do what I can to help when and where I can. As an artistic dunce: I'm limited to the scan gallery.

My ultra-awesome broken-ankle inspired contribution goal:
    -1,000 high-quality, properly-sized scans that are tagged, credited and sorted.

Want to join the Quality Flood? Set a contribution goal of your own. Scan -some of your own- books/posters/DVD covers (600x700 pixels or over!). Upload your own artwork. Create some rocking wallpaper of your own. Can't do any of these: COMMENT!! ~especially~ on fanart and wallpaper!!!!! You'd be shocked the sort of response a few well-meaning comments can elicit

And for the love of all that is holy, quit posting LQ rips of other people's hard-work! >_< It's the gallery equivalent of "junk posting".

Suggested contribution goals: - make 10 comments a day (in the fanart and wallpaper sections)
    - rate 10 images a day
    - scan your anime DVD collection covers, game covers, manga covers/inserts
    - pm an artist or waller you appreciate and thank them for sharing
    - try your hand at something you haven't tried before (making a wallpaper or signature) and post your attempt for feedback

So, are you in?

(determination brought to you by Broken Ankle >_<; )

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Join the Quality Flood ^^/

I would love to see you contribute.

I don't want to rain on your parade, but I'm going to give you a heads up. There are a lot of people here who can't even put together 50 CHARACTERS (not letters) w/o using "lol", "...", and emoticons.

If you can promise to contribute, then I'll do my best to comment (not a gfx guy so I'm not going to embarrass myself). And yeah, I do love to see fanarts and I do run into them (good ones) occasionally during the random images. Unfortunately most of the members uploaded long ago when I was away from the site, and they are not here to see the comments anymore.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we should crack down on the quality of the scans that get submitted. Scans aren't just for looking at, they're a resource for making wallpapers, and in order for them to be any use, they do have to be larger then 1200 pixels.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    I would love to see you contribute.
    :P I'm already about 200 scans into that 1,000 scan promise

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    I think we should crack down on the quality of the scans that get submitted. Scans aren't just for looking at, they're a resource for making wallpapers, and in order for them to be any use, they do have to be larger then 1200 pixels.
    I think what we really need to look at is consolidating some gallery sections, killing off some, and do a major sweep.

I better go start commenting

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Thanks

live up to the "600x700 anything else will be deleted" tag and there won't be much of anything left in the scans section... which would be a really good thing from a waller's perspective since there wouldn't be 1,000 unusable images to sift to to get to one that is.

But then people would need to start actually contributing real scans >_<;

A gallery section specific search might be nice too... That way someone looking for walls gets walls, scans gets scans...

Now searches turn up more avatars and sigs than other images.

Though honestly, I think a flood of good quality stuff will encourage similar stuff And commenting will bolster the fanart/walls. People are attention whores, after all ^^/

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi all.

Ok so we are on topic about the gallery, great.
    So ok I haven't gone through the entire gallery yet but I think that it could use a clean up from what I saw going through about three pages.
    there is more room for improvement and I would like to be able to go through it without having to worry about dead items.
    Now if we could get more artists intrested in submitting stuff that they have done themselves we could have one great and diverse section.
    btw could we perhaps have a download section for themes?
    pretty please...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    there is more room for improvement and I would like to be able to go through it without having to worry about dead items.
    Report dead items with the "report" button.

The mods are busy, help em out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast