+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Join the Quality Flood ^^/

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Join the Quality Flood ^^/

I really urge members to give their images better titles. Even a title SOTW is not good enough. No-one can find your image by just that. Please use the titles to describe the theme or topic of your image.

Thanks.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

*slaps forehead at last night's contributions*

From now on I'm reporting anything with no tags, useless names, intact credits and small size.

It's up to you guys if you want to do anything about them... but with names like "Cutie" and "girls" none of this stuff will ever pop up in the search engine anyway. In the very least, it needs a tag or two added.

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, more people need to comment! I submit pictures,but it seems like people don't notice them. I made them on paint too. There are some people who can't draw good on paint. But Iam good at it. I will try newer programs later. I comment sometimes and rate too. I don't have a scanner so I draw on the computer.
    Last edited by Familyguyfan2; Aug 28, 2007 at 06:49 PM.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Familyguyfan2 View Post
    Yeah, more people need to comment! I submit pictures,but it seems like people don't notice them. I made them on paint too. There are some people who can't draw good on paint. But Iam good at it. I will try newer programs later. I comment sometimes and rate too.
    Were you the one who posted the Love Hina drawing??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Wasn't there a rule way back when that if you view an image full size, you have to comment? Is this still in effect?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    Wasn't there a rule way back when that if you view an image full size, you have to comment? Is this still in effect?
    I don't think it is in effect anymore. Maybe we should bring it back, but then again we might be faced with comment spamming. Not a bad idea nonetheless, and maybe we should also have a download cap like what Nekio used to do.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow...tsurara-san is really contributing a lot here eh? ^^;

I'm with her though...the gallery here is really...how should I say? "Under rated"? I love it but some pics are so...low quality. I skim through the gallery now and then looking for pics to use in sigs, etc. and really some of the scans I see there are so...CRAPPY. Yeah, I said it, so what? Admit it, there are quite a few crappy scans there thats better off not being there at all.

...and I'll honestly say that I dont comment much. Sure, on pics/scans/fanarts that I really like I do but I can also say that I dont give enough credit to the people that deserve it.

@tsurara: Thank you for taking the initiative of bringing this up and also a thanx to all the great scans that you've submitted in the last few days...which I should finish commenting on.^^;

...maybe the gallery does need a bit of "cleaning up"?

...ok, I got a little carried away with this great idea but I have to also defend some of the other members that arent as privileged.^^;

-Not everyone has scanners. Hell, I want one myself...yes, they dont really cost that much but I'm cheap.

-Not everyone has complete knowledge or sources for the pics they upload. YES, they should TRY to look up the info but lets be realistic here, sometimes its almost impossible to get the info yourself. But yeah, theres always someone out there that knows...thats when you go back and fix the problem. The same can be said for some sources, especially when it concerns fanart. I can bet a majority of ppl finds them of search engines and just takes the pics straight from there without checking the source. There are also times when they end up in other forums, etc which the pic was uploaded there in a similar manner.

Still, you're taking real initiative here, for that I respect you. *claps* Cookie for you, +rep. <= I dont see much of this done here at AO either...
    Last edited by Shinku no kage; Aug 28, 2007 at 05:50 PM.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

THANK YOU, you're a member after my own heart!!

I've been trying to urge members to actually use scans that they've scanned themselves (i have scans but i dont know the sources neither have i been able to scan anything anymore.,) but coming to an understanding that a vast majority of our members dont have access to scanners or even sources to scan from, i've let myself live with as highquality as our members are willing to dish out, or we wouldn't have much of a gallery.

[on another note, i've yet to properly finish re-tagging and re-titling the rest of the old images before we had the tag feature installed.*ahem* though our mods also have the power to do so too ^_^]

im greatly pleased to know that there is a member in ao who cares about our gallery's quality (which i've always thought has been a just a horde of already uploaded images from the net)

I also could not have stressed enough about how easy and un-timeconsuming using the rating and comment systems,

@sazuka, nope, though it sounds too awsome(dont think i've been around to see that)

(heh, you might puke at our elite members' hq scan section, hurry and upgrade yourself XD)

I've also been on and on about the auto-approval system(a feature with which im always expressing my annoyance towards), seeing how it would be annoying to have to wait(Especially when you know what you are doing) it would also help better screen the gallery before hand (as i say after getting angry about a wallpaper submitted into the scans section.., >.>) some members should only be appointed the auto-approval by the staff, and the rest, regardless of rank have to be screened. right now i feel like deleting everything thats obviously not scan material
    Last edited by SasuraiHell; Aug 28, 2007 at 05:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast