+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: need drawing tips

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: need drawing tips

you should get a How to draw Manga book
    they have a lot of detail
    another way to learn is by copying ...
    find a picture of an anime/manga character you like
    and copy it till you get it right
    by then you should have the hang of things
    and can try drawing your own characters >.<
    good luck!!

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Tips? You could start by not drawing anime. Anime style is the simplified form of figure drawing. If you can master figure drawing - along with other stuff like construction, anatomy, hands etc. - then drawing anime is easy.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KimiFemi View Post
    you should get a How to draw Manga book
    they have a lot of detail
    another way to learn is by copying ...
    find a picture of an anime/manga character you like
    and copy it till you get it right
    by then you should have the hang of things
    and can try drawing your own characters >.<
    good luck!!
    NO!!!! never learn from a how to draw manbga books!!!! they only conuse you and make u draw the hard way. if you see the mak9ings of those books the artists who draws them can draw teh whole pciture without doing the steps but just does the steps anyways to "help" you. trust me it just confuses you. it confusred me and now i have tons of drawing styles that ARENT EVEN MINE!

Banned Big Bird Hunting Champion, Magic Ball Champion, Buzzer Champion, Book Worm Champion, Dragonfly Champion, Add It Up Champion, Trivial Blitz 2 Champion KimiFemi is off to a good start KimiFemi's Avatar
    Thanks

lol!!! ok ok ok Spin ... its different for everyone
    some people do better by reading instructions and some by hands on
    the books have good tips though
    but Spin is right it would be teaching you someone elses style
    however if you dont have a style to begin with that might not be too bad
    you can take details and things you like about other peoples styles to help you find your own

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

Practice. Practice is what you need the most besides all the tutorials and books and whatever you have.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pink_hana View Post
    the hardest thing in drawing anime is the hand...even I can't master it until now...but I can draw an anime...>.<...

reminder:to learn how to draw you must first love it and of course yourself, have confidence and always remember that some drawings may be ugly but it looks beautiful at some angles....I always try to appreciate a unique style in drawing anime, like the "windy tales" (others say it's ugly, but for me...it's quite interesting in making those characters)...lastly, have your own technique!!! then master it!...>.<...
    I totally agree. Without a passion for the art and confidence in yourself, you can't really accomplish much. I have mad trouble with drawing the hands too. So don't feel bad if your hands turn out looking kinda funky. Some people choose not to perfect the hand, and leave that as a trademark in their art style.

I also agree with having your own technique. Not every technique used by most pros is gonna suit your needs or your art. Stick with what you're comfortable with--I'm not saying don't try to improve--but make sure that you're comfortable with what you are doing. And be sure to use a lot of curved lines when drawing clothing and body proportions to make your images look more three dimensional.

I think that's about all I can say. It's hard to give pointers when I can't physically show you what I mean. You CAN, however, check out some of my art on TOKYOPOP -- Leading the Manga Revolution. My user profile is boondocksamurai. Good luck and happy drawing! ^_^

Newbie Sazurii is off to a good start Sazurii's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm just a good work area, and an idea first of what you want to draw. im not any good but i am an expert at my own style. Dont try to draw soemthing exactly like something else. Youll have your own style. I guess thats just basic tips. anyway i have soem art on my profile and im uploading more, so you can look at those for what i mean by your own style.

Yes have a creative, open mind and be confident in what youve done. :: agrees ::
    No Way! I'm The Beautiful One Dammit!

Otaku Ritoru-chan may be famous one day Ritoru-chan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: How do you learn 2 draw stuff in anime style?

My anime style started off by fan-arting Sailor Moon.. then I just do fan art to get the style down..
    "You know what the trouble about real life is? There's no danger music." -- The Cable Guy
    Photography | @Twitter | Website

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast