+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: need drawing tips

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Re: How do you learn 2 draw stuff in anime style?

Hmmm, I might just have to take a few tips from here. Basically, I've created that many characters in my head to fit in with the animes I've watched, I've actually had to write bios for them. The things a bored mind will do during a long train trip...

Occationally, I've thought about actually drawing them & how they fit in, but it's never gotten any further until my sister started colouring pics as part of her school work. So if I design & draw the character then scan it, she can colour, we sell it to Madman Entertainment, we get rich & retire young! Bwahahahahaaa!! Heck, I'm gonna have to start drawing if I'm gonna get the sig & avatar I've designed.
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Re: How do you learn 2 draw stuff in anime style?

Wow! Looks like most of you people just learn it by watching?! Thats genius! I tried but I can't seem to remember it . . .

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: need drawing tips

Quote Originally Posted by levitatinganimelover View Post
    ive gotten how to draw manga books they suck terribaly
    Thats lesson one learned.

Things you can do to draw fast and accurate is do gesture drawings everyday. If you're at home, you can do what I do, go to sipictures.com; randomly find a photo and gesture it in real time (using a pencil or tech pen) I prefer tech pen. Keeping in mind proportions, angles and relationships. Try avoid doing sketchy lines.

Doing gesture outdoors is probably better since people are moving which would force you to draw&think a lot more quicker. Get a small sketch book that you can carry around with you 90% of the time when you leave your house.

If you're really serious in learning how to draw, depending if you're out of high school or not, go look through courses at colleges and see if they offer any drawing programs. I've taken an art fundamentals program and that help tremendously.

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I've been drawing for like 10 years of my life (I'm 14) and it too me ten years to take me where i was then to where i am now. of course i didnt draw anime for ten years it was probably a three year run for drawing anime. My point is that if you keep on drawing, whithin time people are going to be asking you for your help at drawing. I shoul knwo i've already reached the rank as "#1 best drawer in the class"

(i ahve no idea why i put so many smilies [ah! another one!])

Lazy Ninja Puyo Champion Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan may be famous one day Sei-chan's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol some How to Draw Manga books are American produced, and the drawings in there SUCK in the first place XD. The official "How to Draw Manga" books do help ALOT. I personally learned alot from How to Draw Manga books, and I could see the drastic change from a picture before I read the book and a picture after.

It's nice to develop your own style, but you can either do that after getting the basics down or while you are learning. You don't have to draw how everyone draws. Another good way of learning is actually to copy off another artists for your own learning experience. Professional artists do it all the time, why can't we?

Newbie itachi uchiha may be famous one day itachi uchiha may be famous one day
    Thanks

hey drawing tip i got to think i have gave any in along time so???????/i not know!!!!!!!!!!
    Your signature can only contain 4 lines of text, blank lines included. -- Hassun

Otaku ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~ may be famous one day ~momoko~'s Avatar
    Thanks

Using references is a good way to practice however you're constrained to the artist's execution so try to incorporate your own style. For better shading result try using a blender stump/tortillon.

Newbie torhu is off to a good start torhu's Avatar
    Thanks
    hey. i have trouble drawing anime too. it just depends on your style. i have a habit of wishing i could draw like someone else. i look at what i draw and think, "why doesnt it look as good?" but its just different. it has to be what you make it. so maybe, its not that you have trouble with drawing. maybe you just dont see it for what it is: your own style of anime. i guess a lot of other peop-le have said this too... i hope i helped a little.

its not really something you learn... its a style you come up with on your own. not every anime style is the same. just draw as close to your favorite anime character as you can. if it doesnt look the same, that ok, cuz no one can draw like another person exactly. books like how to draw aniime are great to get started, but dont get discouraged if you cant do it like they do in the book.
    Last edited by kedar; May 19, 2007 at 06:53 PM.
    I think i love you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast