View Poll Results: Which new gallery categories should be created?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Scans/Mech

9 20.00%
  • Resources/Backgrounds and Patterns

23 51.11%
  • Resources/Elements

7 15.56%
  • the gallery already has too many categories

6 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Gallery Categories

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

New Gallery Categories

So the gallery is looking pretty spiffy (scans and papers anyway... we're dragging our feet on fanart because it promises to be such a phenomenal pain in the ass).

I've uploaded over 1,000 new HQ scans to the existing categories (hooray).

So what's next for the gallery?
    Is it as good as it could be?

One possibility mentioned in passing has been the addition of new categories. Categories that, before, may not have been all that useful or populated. Thing is, I'm pretty confident I've got enough to create a decent selection of any of the following:

SCANS
    -Mechs - mechs, mechanics, and giant robots all go in the "group" category at present... but between my Gundam, EVA and Aquarion artbooks ~ we've already got over 50 mech-only images in the gallery with more to come. They could have their own section if there's enough demand.

RESOURCES
    -Backgrounds/patterns - images to use as backgrounds in sigs and wallpapers... I have at least one artbook of nothing but background artwork. large-size kimono/origami patterns, etc. could also go in this section.

-Elements - small images, clip art, logos, trees, flowers, cherry petals, feathers, etc which can be used as additions to backgrounds and sigs. I have a decent amount of sources for this sort of image as well.

So, the question is: which new sections, if any, would you like to see? Which would you use and which would you contribute to?

(poll note: please choose the ONE option you would like to see MOST...)

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: New Gallery Categories

I think I would enjoy backgrounds and patterns. I do things for people all the time. One moment I'm designing a new form at work, the next I'm doing an avatar for someone.

As a kid my family had one of the first computers... yeah good times lol. We played things like PONG (remember PONG), and such on it, but I use to just geek around on it. As a result I get calls from other offices all day... my computer is not working... no, I don't know what I did, just come fix it.

I'm the first to admit, I may not know all the technical terms/names for things, I just learned how to geek around and figure things out. That plus my art background help. I like doing things for people, but I hate the time it takes away from checking out the AO forums.

So anything that would give me access to a greater selection of choices would be greatly appreciated. That would save me time searching the web looking for things I can use. I was thinking about starting to put AO's "classes" to use. I would like to learn new style, and techniques that are out there.

By the way I really like your new avatar and sig... very nice.

:Yuki fan: Spider Jump Champion Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage is making a name for themselves Shinku no kage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    I've uploaded over 1,000 new HQ scans to the existing categories (hooray).
    ..and for that we thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara
    One possibility mentioned in passing has been the addition of new categories. Categories that, before, may not have been all that useful or populated. Thing is, I'm pretty confident I've got enough to create a decent selection of any of the following:

RESOURCES
    -Backgrounds/patterns - images to use as backgrounds in sigs and wallpapers... I have at least one artbook of nothing but background artwork. large-size kimono/origami patterns, etc. could also go in this section.

-Elements - small images, clip art, logos, trees, flowers, cherry petals, feathers, etc which can be used as additions to backgrounds and sigs. I have a decent amount of sources for this sort of image as well.

So, the question is: which new sections, if any, would you like to see? Which would you use and which would you contribute to?

(poll note: please choose the ONE option you would like to see MOST...)
    Well I went with elements seeing as how those types of things are the ones I have a hard time finding to use. Backgrounds are fairly easy to come by (depending on the category but...) Elements are slightly harder to find for use.

Lets see how this turns out.
    ->:Be descriptive in your posts or its like you didnt post at all:<-

|The "RULES" of AO|My AO Gallery|YouTube|AnimeSuki|

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

juss wondering we should have a 'brush' gallery for like photoshop and GIMP. that would make it so much easier to download brushes cuz deviart w/e is really confusing :S
    went with elemenst and resources by teh way

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

I vote for backgrounds, but there'd have to be some pretty strict rules when it comes to image resolution. Nothing smaller then 1600x1200.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

ummmm... im going to go out for all the nerds and say a mecha categorie would be GREAT! that way, we wont have to sift through a plethora of other pics to find a cool pic of an EVA...

the backgrounds area is a good idea too, and like aceman says, it would probably need a few rules to go with it.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

For me i think there should be more scans/mech because that is the only one being used frequently though i also prefer the Resources because i never seen one before and may be helpful but i should stick with scans/mech that way it does not get over stress since there are always new updates which is good.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

+ Reply to Thread