+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Photoshop questions - saving layers and new fonts

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Photoshop questions - saving layers and new fonts

Hello,

I have been playing with Photoshop the last few hours and not making much progress. I have a psd file that contains many images / layers. Is it possible to save just 1 image from this 1 psd file to use as a jpg etc? If so, where would I go to save just that 1 image? Click on the layer itself?

Also, I am missing fonts. I have the fonts on my PC, but how do I upload them into photoshop?

Thanks a million. I hope to start learning how to properly use photoshop.

Cheers.

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Photoshop questions - saving layers and new fonts

Yes it is possible to save that one image. What you do is make all the other images invisible by clicking the eyes next to the one you do not want. Leaving only the image you do want. Then you go to save as and you have a drop down menu by format a list of what you can save it as should come up and you are wanting JPEG(.jpg .jpeg .jpe)

Here is a image to help you get there.

As for the fonts just put them in your font folder and they will appear in photoshop.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

If you look in your layers panel you will see something that looks like an eye Look here, that controls what layers are visable. Hide the layers you don't want by clicking that eye and then save as a .jpg. Or you could just copy the layer you want to a new file and save that way. Sorry I would give more detailed instructions or screenshots if I was home and had photoshop open.

As far as the fonts go you need to have them moved/copied to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts folder assuming you use windows.

I Hate Junk Posting AiB Champion, Typo Champion Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball is making a name for themselves Dragon Ball's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh, that is a huge help both of you. Thanks a lot. I will try it out in the morning. Cheers all!

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

When my fonts aren't showing up I go to My Computer>Local Disc>WINDOWS (This may not be applicable to you)>Fonts and then I look for the font I want to use and that isn't showing up. Then I double click the font name and the preview shows up, then I click done. That's what works with on that comp.

Sorry if I wasn't a big help. I don't know if you run a Mac, if you do I think it's a little different or something.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

+ Reply to Thread