+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Profile Request Thread?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Profile Request Thread?

Ok, I didn’t actually know where to put this so just move it if it’s in the wrong place!
    The thing is that many people have asked me to make their profiles- put up backgrounds and suit the text to it, it’s quite hard to understand how to do it… takes a lot of time…
    So I thought we should have a Profile Request Thread or something, so I and other people who have got to understand how to make the profiles could help out people who are too busy to do it, because it really takes quite a time to do it if you don’t actually know everything there, especially if it throws you out in the middle of your work…
    So, could we do this?

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Profile Request Thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Ok, I didn’t actually know where to put this so just move it if it’s in the wrong place!
    The thing is that many people have asked me to make their profiles- put up backgrounds and suit the text to it, it’s quite hard to understand how to do it… takes a lot of time…
    So I thought we should have a Profile Request Thread or something, so I and other people who have got to understand how to make the profiles could help out people who are too busy to do it, because it really takes quite a time to do it if you don’t actually know everything there, especially if it throws you out in the middle of your work…
    So, could we do this?
    But wouldn't that mean we have to have people's password and stuff??

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lost In My Own World Fishing the Sea Champion, LastTank Standing Champion Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra may be famous one day Ky-lyrra's Avatar
    Thanks

No not if you pm them the background and everything or just post it in the thread like they do the Signature Request thread or the Render Request thread. I think that this is a great Idea and it would help some of the member out with getting what they want in a profile layout.

Also post how they would have to set each thing up so that way it is easier for them to understand what you mean after you make their profile layout. If worst comes to worst they could let them know their password then change it. Though that I would not recommend.
    ™Mommy To Micah And Shawn!™

Thanks For The Amazing Tag Pyro!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pyoro-Pyoro View Post
    But wouldn't that mean we have to have people's password and stuff??
    It's really no problem at all, you can make the rofile and save it as a profile all users can use... they take it and you erease it... You didn't think I asked passwords to all of the guys I made a profile to. I ussualy asked them to choose weather to give me the password or do it the other way... I always felt bad when taking their passwords...

And thank You Ky-Lyrra for your support. There's also no problem with how the blocks should be located, there's nothing hard with that...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

What's so hard about making a profile page?
    20 min. of patience is all it takes.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I don't see how this is going to work given people don't need to be giving out their passwords nor should people be logging in as someone other then themselves. It would cause chaos and confusion for us mods when we run IP checks.

Maybe people can make tutorials for how to do things in your profile instead?

edit: I see saving it as a public profile...but if you create it and then delete it will that not also remove it from their profile?

Thanks

As I said eariler... I don't need their passwords!!!!!!!!!! arg!!!
    And it's not that easy, I said that too... it throws you out after a couple of minutes (atleast it's so with me) and if you don't know what to do... it can be so anoying...
    well... ok then who would make the tutorials... though the people who I tried to explained were really confused with all of it and were happy when I said I can do it for them... Maybe I'm just bad at explaining...

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

I've been wanting to make a tutorial for how to basically set-up a good profile, seeing as how I've had to help numerous noobs in my past. But I just brushed it off and thought people would ge the hang of it after practice.

So, if members want, the staff can come up with a tutorial, but a request page is kind of stretching it. I mean, we would be putting in the work for other's profiles? Plus, you can already let your profile creations be uploaded so other members can use them you know. I just did it, so feel free to use my beauty....happy?
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast