+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Programs? (for making AMV)

Newbie Lanaura is off to a good start Lanaura's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Programs? (for making AMV)

I tried making an AMV but it didn't work. Do you need any special types of programs to make one? I'll really like to know please.
    If people are going to treat you like a little kid might as well act like one and throw the tv out the hotel window.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Programs? (for making AMV)

First you need footage of an anime, either by downloading or obtaining it from DvDs (I can't explain how to get those due to site rules and the fact either way is illegal in most countries, especially the US), and a Video Editing Suite.

I personally used Windows Movie Maker to make my AMVs, but there are quite a number of different programs out there, and alot of them are not free (Adobe Premeire, Sony Vegas to name a view.)

There are tutorials online (use google) on how to make AMVs, but I will give you two words of advice:

1. DO NOT USE SUBTITLED FOOTAGE. This is concidered amaturish and will turn alot of people off your AMVs. As anime fans, its second nature for our eyes to snap to any subtitles on the screen, taking away from what we really want to see, Your AMV.

2. A slide show of pictures put to music does not an AMV make.

Legendary Otaku Happy Pill Champion, Monkey Mayhem Champion NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90 may be famous one day NeoDeath90's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post

1. DO NOT USE SUBTITLED FOOTAGE. This is concidered amaturish and will turn alot of people off your AMVs. As anime fans, its second nature for our eyes to snap to any subtitles on the screen, taking away from what we really want to see, Your AMV.

2. A slide show of pictures put to music does not an AMV make.
    number one i find a tad difficult. it's hard to find a site with legal (and free) downloads of dubbed animes.

2. Completely agree

as for the programs, WMM is already installed on your computer if it's a PC, so you should start there. It's got a surprisingly easy to use interface.
    Why hello there!

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Im sure everyone has started at Windows Movie Maker at one point. I use Sony vegas now though. Keep in mind that you need "flow" in your videos matching clips as well as solid song choices. just because you" THINK" a song is good and your favorite doesnt mean it matches what you want your AMV to do.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Newbie Kio33327 is off to a good start Kio33327's Avatar
    Thanks

all you need is a song, clips of the animae and some skills with windows movie maker.

+ Reply to Thread