Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Requesting a manga artist.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Requesting a manga artist.

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    If you're looking for an artist, I wouldn't just limit yourself to just the Manga style of art, you have the beginnings of a good story there, so don't close doors you haven't bothered looking in yet.
    The thing is I want to turn it into a manga so I need a manga style artist... I need to get down the basics on what the readers would want the characters to look like. I wrote the story now I am leaving the designing to everyone else... I would like to do a poll on the resuls for each character that I like to see which ones are favored moer but I just don't know how to post a poll.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by starfire1036 View Post
    I'm not looking for someone to pay. I just need some ideas that people cann make from the description of my character. I need ideas from their heads and I can work on and mold into something that I find to be an exact mirror of their personality. If it is too much to ask you can post pictures you find in coherence with the description i will provide after i edit the post. I would like that actually. Thanks for the info tho, ^^
    Usually when a character bios are provided and someone is requesting a manga artist, it's for penciling/inking a full-scale manga. That typically involves money. Why would you just want pictures? That's what I'd like to know. Then the only person who has a vauge idea of what the manga WOULD look like (besides the artist) is you. Hell, give me some time, I'll draw you pictures; but I want credits for them.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

My suggestion would be to go the way of a Webcomic, it's cheaper in the end

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    My suggestion would be to go the way of a Webcomic, it's cheaper in the end
    Yeah, but starfire said she needs something to look at while drawing, otherwise she can't draw it.

Still offerin' help for credits over here! ^_^
    It's technically free help. You're not spending money that way.

Otaku Stickicide 2 Champion starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036 is making a name for themselves starfire1036's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Usually when a character bios are provided and someone is requesting a manga artist, it's for penciling/inking a full-scale manga. That typically involves money. Why would you just want pictures? That's what I'd like to know. Then the only person who has a vauge idea of what the manga WOULD look like (besides the artist) is you. Hell, give me some time, I'll draw you pictures; but I want credits for them.
    I am requesting pictures from everyone so I know what you like... and so i can base my manga on that. It is not what I want it is what YOU want. As the reader you get to enjoy the style that you think the character should have and been seen in, and not what I want it to be... This is a readers choice kinda thing.
    I don't know how to give credits... and yes you are correct. You pick the style, I adapt it, and I draw it.

Do you get paid for a web comic?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to starfire1036 For This Useful Post:

Trunks (Aug 14, 2008)

Thanks

I am requesting pictures from everyone so I know what you like... and so i can base my manga on that. It is not what I want it is what YOU want. As the reader you get to enjoy the style that you think the character should have and been seen in, and not what I want it to be... This is a readers choice kinda thing.
    I don't know how to give credits... and yes you are correct. You pick the style, I adapt it, and I draw it.

Do you get paid for a web comic?
    Not sure about web-comics and payment, I know most ARE usually free. Giving creds: Just go to User CP/Manage creds. Easy. Anywho, it's not really about what style the artist chooses, because more often than not, that artist is already accustomed to his/her own style of art.

So, it's basically YOUR choice in the long run (if you get more than one person volunteering for this project).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Not sure about web-comics and payment, I know most ARE usually free. Giving creds: Just go to User CP/Manage creds. Easy. Anywho, it's not really about what style the artist chooses, because more often than not, that artist is already accustomed to his/her own style of art.

So, it's basically YOUR choice in the long run (if you get more than one person volunteering for this project).
    Thats it!... lol i want more people trying so that other people can pic which ones they like best. I can only draw what I see so i cant draw what i like... which i think sucks. But i will try the giving you credits thing . i guess after i get an example of one... how many picures are you drawing?
    cause u can send half of them first ill give u credits and then u can send the rest. good?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to starfire1036 For This Useful Post:

Trunks (Aug 14, 2008)

Thanks

Thats it!... lol i want more people trying so that other people can pic which ones they like best. I can only draw what I see so i cant draw what i like... which i think sucks. But i will try the giving you credits thing . i guess after i get an example of one... how many picures are you drawing?
    cause u can send half of them first ill give u credits and then u can send the rest. good?
    First of all, don't let people choose for you. If you're the writer, you should be able to have enough creative control to choose who's/which art you're gonna use.

I'll print your character bios today and start sketching, however, I'm not submitting just half or a portion. I'm goin' the full length. You'll get views from different angles for each character. I don't half-work, so I won't expect to do half and get paid half. The minute my art is sent to you, is when I am done and will await full credit payment.

This is a pretty big project (considering I've gotta take time out of my own projects), so PM me and we'll talk payment details.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast