+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Scan re-cg request thread

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Scan re-cg request thread

There are loads of scans in our gallery that users aren’t taking advantage of because they need to be fixed in some way! This thread will serve as the medium for users to request certain scans FROM OUR GALLERY for the skilled members of AO to clean up.

Re-cg is “where you correct some error or problem on a scan, such as fix a page-fold or fill in the image where it was covered by a text box. Note that otherwise, the scan is generally left as-is.”

EXAMPLE:
    Original Image
     click to show spoiler

Fixed Image (I added about an inch to the middle of the scan, fixed the hair and removed the text...I even rendered it but I won't be doing that for the re-cg's)
     click to show spoiler

There is no official team for this, it is a first come first serve basis and anyone can request or fix a scan.

HOWEVER there are some rules:

Rules for requesting:
    1. The image must be from our gallery
    2. You must provide a link to that image
    3. You must state what you want fixed (i.e. “please remove the text”)
    4. ONE image at a time and allow the person some time to fix it

Rules for fixing the scan:
    1. You have to fix it within 1 week otherwise leave it for someone else who has the time
    2. You have to PM the original scan owner the fixed image for THEM to upload (DO not upload it as yours)
    3. Place a link in this thread to the re-uploaded image in this thread.

Since we are merely fixing the scans and not vectoring them, the rights to the scan remain with the original poster of that scan. So if you fix a scan you are NOT allowed to Re-Upload that scan. The original scan owner SHOULD give you credit for fixing the scan in the gallery in the image description AFTER THEY HAVE REUPLOADED IT. If that does not happen or they do not repost the image within 1 week THEN PM A MOD (ME) IMMEDIATELY and they will take the proper action.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Scan re-cg request thread

I have a question about that. What do we do if say I was to go in and Clean up some scans? Do I PM the original uploader the image AND post it here, or what?

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zyta View Post
    I have a question about that. What do we do if say I was to go in and Clean up some scans? Do I PM the original uploader the image AND post it here, or what?
    If you pick up a request from this thread you need to:
    1. Clean the image
    2. PM it to the image owner so they can reupload it
    3. post the link to the reuploaded image from the gallery into this thread (not the image)

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey guys can I get the picture provided in the link cleaned of the text? here is the linkMessage - Anime Online Gallery
    (being the first one to suggest a scan re-cog I don't know if I am requesting quiet right.)
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo_06 View Post
    Hey guys can I get the picture provided in the link cleaned of the text? here is the linkMessage - Anime Online Gallery
    (being the first one to suggest a scan re-cog I don't know if I am requesting quiet right.)
    Do you want all of the text removed or just the text off of the character?

Thanks

All of the text please. that way if I want to use the background for something I can. thanks
    ナサン フォオツド
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Thanks

That is going to take a considerably larger amount of work, it may take me some time to complete.

Thanks
    if you just want to do the character for now then that is alright as well, I am not too picky.

Hey can I get another fix please? I would like the words out of Kasumi's leg on this one please

much appreciated.
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Feb 01, 2008 at 12:54 PM. Reason: double post
    ナサン フォオツド

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast