+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Signature Sizes

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Signature Sizes

Now recently I've been getting a little frustrated with small signature designing. Especially like the ones we have here on AO. I know that I might be one of few who think the limit is a little too low so you can't even set a decent widescreen image but oh well.

For instance, I made a signature that looks pretty cool in a larger size yet when I set it to AO size, it really looked horrible. So I had to rearrange everything and move away a little bit from my original design. It really does change how the signature looks over all. For instance;

TO
    (my current signature)

Now this could be because I've now gotten used to making wallpapers in a much bigger size so I have lot of space to work with. So moving back down to a 130x400 image is rather a challenge.

Now my question to all you Digital Artists is what is your prefered signature size that you work in?

Personally, I prefer 200x400, sometimes I make it wider if I want but thats the most frequent resolution I use.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Signature Sizes

I understand how you feel Sazzy. I feel the size is a bit small. That's why I don't make that many sigs anymore on AO. I find myself making way more sigs on my other sites because they excede our own size limit. I like how they come out, becuase they look better!! Like this sig for instance:

One sig that I feel like I actually did good on:

Sadly I can not use it. I'm to afraid what resizing it would do. My perferance in sig size is usually 450x200. But that's because I use it everytime. I just like the height to be around 200. Other than that everything is fine.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm, a good question. I don't think I have a preferred size because usually I pick out an image to work with and base my canvas around it. Lots of the images I use also don't have lots of flailing hair and other noise which makes small resolution easier. Plus I'm more into spritestyle.. so pretty much in the 400x100 territory and 100+ if the effects are going to be hectic.

All the larger tags I make I post here but I'm cool with not using them in the forum. I don't prefer large canvas 'cause I suck at filling in all that space n.n
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

thank you both for replying. I just wonder where have all the other GFX people gone???

I'm not only talking about signatures but I do include wallpapers too. At the moment I seem to working on wallpapers that are 1900x 1200 even though my desktop is only 1680x1050.

When it comes to vector's I tend to go as big as possible, so its easier to scale them down to any size people want. I think its around 5493x3??? it seems to be a good size to get enough detail in too.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sorry, I didn't see this when it was posted up ... ;^;
    Well anyways, I agree with you Sazzy, I never have enough space to really put those details I really want.
    I have a lot to place in the signature so it gives us the freedom to do so instead of cropping the hell out of the signature. The biggest size I've used was

There's just more we actually want to add ... and it goes too for the signature contests. I mean, if we really want to get into the competition, give us our space to work on so we can make the best we can.

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I'm kind of mixed.

I can understand how sometimes working on a small piece is rather frustrating (especially after working with bigger wallpapers, I get that a bit xD). but, I don't mind the small sizes sometimes, I've seen some pretty smick tiny signatures, I haven't been able to make one myself yet xD but, that's another thing I'm working on. Mostly I'm like flawed..whatever the image suits I use

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I prefer making smaller signatures, so far I have only made them 400w x 100h. I think it makes them look slim and sleek. Plus its less for me to mess space for me to mess up on. haha

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

super effective Last Man Standing Champion FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd may be famous one day FLawEdmiNd's Avatar
    Thanks

the limited space always challenged me to kind of make my effects more concentrated.. or more focused. then again, that's like 3/4 spritestyle.

now that everyone's all for large canvas i seem to be unable to deal with 130 height. bigger size is spreading like swine flu.
    the love you withhold is the pain you carry.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast