View Poll Results: Which imaging program do you prefer?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like Adobe Photoshop.

24 47.06%
  • PaintShop Pro, baby!! ^_^

3 5.88%
  • GIMP--and I don't mean the way I walk! >_<

14 27.45%
  • Are you kidding?! Microsoft Paint, dude!!

11 21.57%
  • Other...

7 13.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What imaging program do you prefer?

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What imaging program do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    I'm a GIMP user since day of sig making. The number one thing that attracted me to it is the fact that its FREE and that it offers near Photoshop work environment. As long as you can find some nice brushes, texts, and other plug-ins than you can accomplish a lot with it. Customize the preferences and its even better!!

On occasion I'd give Paint a go, I like its simplicity. Takes me back to the good ol'days. Also at times I'd give Painter Essentials a go, its assortment of virtual brushes, etc makes a real nice program to use for coloring...although unfortunately never have put it to use...yet.

...damn you all and your fancy PhotoShop. (._.)
    I almost ended up getting GIMP about a week ago, simply cuz it's free. But then I found 59wayz's Photoshop disc, so I got Photoshop CS instead. I hear GIMP is pretty cool, because it can convert certain Photoshop brushes to it's own software. That's pretty nifty. ^_^

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I used the Photoshop CS2-3 at my school. But since I'm only in one class this year, that has computers but doesn't actually utilize it, So I asked for something in the photoshop series for christmas. My parents bought me Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0, which is similar in many aspects to the previous one except it's more oriented towards editing actual pictures more color and brightness wise but still retains all the other things for a good edit.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

I use Adobe Photoshop CS3, though I did start my graphical life with plain CS. I never really used anything else as my teacher is a huge "Must get the most pricy and shoy crap on the market" - Literatly his words, not minee.

I did try Gimp however, and after a short while - a few days - i ended up giving up in disgust and went back to Photoshop. Why I disliked Gimp was that it was like walking on alien turf, I had to learn a whole new program for something i already knew how to do with another. So in the end, i just turned out to be like my overly hyper teacher and getting the "best" of the technical world. Note that i use best loosely and truly "Best" is the one you are most capable with. ^_^

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

^_^ i use microsoft Paint and then i transfer to GIMP in order to make it all special! that's how i make my web comic, Big Dumb Puppy (read it here on AO!)!

but if i'm making sigs, it's usually just GIMP! i have no money and i'm no good with computers, so i don't think i could really use PhotoShop~!

Otaku elvin is off to a good start elvin's Avatar
    Thanks

haha i don't use anything cause theres no time for mr to play those things.... i'm interested but.. not time... i usually use adobe photoshop' but i dunno how to use it... ahahah
    ::::...Chery_Strawbery...::::

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    ^_^ i use microsoft Paint and then i transfer to GIMP in order to make it all special! that's how i make my web comic, Big Dumb Puppy (read it here on AO!)!

but if i'm making sigs, it's usually just GIMP! i have no money and i'm no good with computers, so i don't think i could really use PhotoShop~!
    Wow, I haven't transferred images from paint to any other imaging program in ages! I used to render everything using MS paint and then Paint Shop Pro would usually follow directly afterwards. But that was back in like 1998-99. ^_^

It's all about Photoshop now! Question: Whoever has Photoshop more than likely has ImageReady. WTH is it for?? It's like Photoshop on crack!

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

that's an easy answer i'm using GIMP all the way hands down

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

For my old Computer it was

Open Canvas, Paint, Corel, Photoshop CS2, Imagery, GIMP. && Way more...

For my new one its PhotoShop CS2, and Corel. T.T [...]

I lost alot of programs. dedicated to that artful ways then.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast