Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your Style

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Style

Wow i go to sleep and this has been booming in my sleep, i'm glad ^_^

Xelhes, i love what you did with the Vegeta and Hitsugaiya sig. I would really love to try out that look sometime, but i'm a little confused on how you made the swirly look around him. Could you post a quick tut in the tut forum for me?

OH, here is a sig i did for a friend last night to help him with blending. I know that's basically all it has to it.

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    No harm in that ^_^. I think Alot of people get inspiration/ideas from others works. I know I do, and usually, it turns out totally wrong lol for me anyways, but I guess that's the whole point of learning.
    Exactly, when everyone first starts out making gfx(namely sigs) you always have people you look up to and try to replicate the styles and elements they use in their work. By collecting a lot of ideas from other artists you end up smushing together a style that is your own.

I know when i started out, i was heavily breaking down sigs i saw and using that knowledge to try and apply that in into my own.

Very rarely i will come up with a style that is completely born from nothing. (on those days i usually hit artist blocks. but still they somehow will turn out to be something nice)

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Ya Sasu i want your style lol i always wonder how you get the color to flow so well. whenver i try gradient maps and such it comes out nice but not as good as yours.
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

I take up many styles.

I learn some and use them to my advantage and make something new.
    Tuts are good sometimes but tis good to flutter away from them and make your own little thing xD;;; Right now I'm trying to get smudging down, it's going well so far ^^

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Otaku Bowling Champion Tifa Lockhart is off to a good start
    Thanks

For me, I don't have a particular style yet. But for sigs I enjoy decorating the background or side with symbols.

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Dont do that. Practice creating your own backgrounds with filters and smuding and other tools do not rely on brushes for backgrounds makes it ugly most of the time unless ur doing a vector style
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

umm... i guess my default style is "simple" becuz i don't really know how to use my GIMP program just yet...

i'm just barely learning the doge tool now (which i love by the way), which is added to my limited knowledge of the ink, smudge and burn tool... i'm pretty confident when it comes to re-sizing things and cropping them... but that's pretty basic, and it took me a while to even find the crop tool...

the thing i have a problem with is the layering and those little borders that go around stuff you do... so, all those techinical issues combined together make it really hard for me to do something good...

^_^ but i will say that a couple good ones have pop out of my butt recently, so that makes me happy for the future (i'm namely proud of my Auska sig, that wasn't suppose to be that good! tee hee~!)

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    Dont do that. Practice creating your own backgrounds with filters and smuding and other tools do not rely on brushes for backgrounds makes it ugly most of the time unless ur doing a vector style
    *raises a hand*

i'm sorry, but i don't really like it when more experienced then others "force" their style upon newer gfx makers. there's just something wrong with that in my opinion, like it is stealing creative juices and perhaps a really awesome style before it has a chance to develop. I know you weren't doing that at all and was only giving advice, i just thought i'd say that before i forget ^^\

now... someone looking at an interesting style and trying to make that too, well that is okay in my opinion for it is sought out and desired for. doesn't really make sense, but it does to me somehow X.X

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast