Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Your Style

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Your Style

.......i Sure hope that was not directed towards me. i was simply stating that its a bad choice to rely on brushes. i dont force my styles on anyone. if there willing to learn i will teach. simply many GFX artist that i do know including myself belive that relying on brushes to make a background look nice is just not a good idea. unless your implementing a very small amount which go with the general theme your aiming for
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

It's not bad to rely on brushes. Brushes is yet another tool for gfx artists to utilise. Some times using brushes for backgrounds can turn out awesome. So I don't see how they are bad. I guess some people might see it as "cheating". I started out learning how to make sig with brushes way back on the GIMP, I don't use them so much lately though ^^;;

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol, when i'm lazy and want to go for a "new" look i'll throw in a bunch of c4d's, brushes, smudging and the like. when i do that though i'm not looking for anything and it isn't surpruising when it looks horrible in the end. fun stuff.

i was targeting you witht he comment Xelhes, i was just reminded of another site and how all of them (literatly) try to force other styles on n00bs, part of the reason why i left them so long ago.

I mainly use brushes for my bg, about 95% of the time actually. bet you couldn't really tell, right?

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Shake the Core. Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes may be famous one day Xelhes's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmm well it did slip my mind that some brushes fit with certain styles like grunge brushes aare awsome for detail and so are splatter brushes if you use a clipping mask anyway. and yea i could notice the brushes in y our sig as well as a motion blur
    ..:Open Your Wings Evil Angel:..

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

o.o i don't use motion blur, lol. i use a more effective technique ^_^

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

My current one being my only one since I did it at school, I used a bunch of gradients, and tried to make a scheme where it was opposing. [Black and white] I also used the burning and smoothing [?] tools to make the face different from its original form. The picture itself was originally all red and black. So yeah. Don't chastise me for being n00bish thanks. ^^;
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

After trying this & that I found that I prefer to work with pastels (soft chalks). I don't know that I have a particular style, but I just go where the flow takes me. I look at something for until an idea (or 100 ideas) forms, then I let the flow go. I tweak here ... I teak there... and eventually my vision forms. I'm never truly happy with anything. No matter what I say, or how much others complement it. I look at "it" with my critical eye & think I'm sure I could have done it better.
    I kind of carry that over into things I do on the computer (I can't wait till I get my new computer next year), I envision, let loose the flow, and see where my vision takes me... then I tweak it around, and hope I end up with something that I can be pleased with, if not happy.
    I've said it before, I'll say it again... OCD it's a blessing & a curse!

I believe in you Indiana Jones In Odd-World Champion, Forest_Brat Champion, Jungle Dave Champion, Beer Dude 2 Champion, Fly Girl Champion Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho may be famous one day Pyro Psycho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xelhes View Post
    Hmm well it did slip my mind that some brushes fit with certain styles like grunge brushes aare awsome for detail and so are splatter brushes if you use a clipping mask anyway. and yea i could notice the brushes in y our sig as well as a motion blur
    Tis true what you be sayin thar.
    But glide away from brushes for awhile and make your own thing.
    Hell, why not make your own brushes? I tried that, quite fun actually.

But everyone has their own thing going on so not every tag is going to look the same, now that would be boring x___x

DeviantArt ll Livejournal ll Rainbow Flakes ll Gallery
    Feeling the beat of my heart ♥

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast