+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Thread: Am i the only one who doesn't like the newer Gundam series?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Am i the only one who doesn't like the newer Gundam series?

Quote Originally Posted by SelfTorment View Post
    Do you know people in the military aceman67?
    My family has a long history of military service, dating all the way back to before the American Revolution.

I have a great great Uncle buried in Flanders Feild, he was an RAF pilot and was killed in action by Rittmeister von Richthofen (AKA the Red Baron)

My grandfather on my mothers side served in WWII (A navy pilot And was present for Pearl Harbor), Korea (Army Pilot), and Vietnam (Pilot Instructor)

Both my uncles served in Vietnam as well, one was a Seaman on the USS Ticonderoga (He was serving when the Air Craft carrier recovered the Astronauts from Apollo 17), the other was a Gunnery Sargent in the Marine Corps.

On my fathers side, My grandfather was in the Merchant Marines, ferrying supplies from Canada to the UK during WWII, two of the three ships he served on were sunk by German U-Boats.

And Lastly, my father served in the Canadian Military for 25 years, he dealt in Digital Communications and Encryption, did a NATO tour in Germany back in the 80s, he also served 2 peace keeping tours in Bosnia.

I also have a great many friends who are currently serving. I've also lost 6 of them in Afghanistan.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    My family has a long history of military service, dating all the way back to before the American Revolution.

I have a great great Uncle buried in Flanders Feild, he was an RAF pilot and was killed in action by Rittmeister von Richthofen (AKA the Red Baron)

My grandfather on my mothers side served in WWII (A navy pilot And was present for Pearl Harbor), Korea (Army Pilot), and Vietnam (Pilot Instructor)

Both my uncles served in Vietnam as well, one was a Seaman on the USS Ticonderoga (He was serving when the Air Craft carrier recovered the Astronauts from Apollo 17), the other was a Gunnery Sargent in the Marine Corps.

On my fathers side, My grandfather was in the Merchant Marines, ferrying supplies from Canada to the UK during WWII, two of the three ships he served on were sunk by German U-Boats.

And Lastly, my father served in the Canadian Military for 25 years, he dealt in Digital Communications and Encryption, did a NATO tour in Germany back in the 80s, he also served 2 peace keeping tours in Bosnia.

I also have a great many friends who are currently serving. I've also lost 6 of them in Afghanistan.
    well...if you have seen the original gundams. their calendar by the way is uc (universal century), to avoid confusion. they don't demonize or even stereotype a soldier's image. because the uc gundams shows each of the conflicting side's actions in a justified manner. they don't show soldiers as soldiers, but rather they show them as people. for example char aznable, the famous gundam antagonist. even though he's the villain, he has the same purpose as gundam's own protagonist amuro ray, showing that they are both hero and villains of their own exploits. and both suffers and even regrets the cause and effect of their actions. from what i observe, uc gundams isn't even about gundams, but rather, it focus the harsh reality of man's conflict towards progress.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie SelfTorment is off to a good start SelfTorment's Avatar
    Thanks

The only person I know in my family that fought in the past was my great great grandfather he fought for Mexico in the war on Texas but he was killed when a cannon blow his head off.
    I'm really sorry about what happen to your friends.
    I have some friends in Afghanistan and some that want to go.
    I really do wish the rest of your friend to best of luck over there and I hope my friend can make it out ok too.
    I'm really sick of hearing about my friends being killed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7