+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: crossbone gundam

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

crossbone gundam

yarrr...ever heard it, mate?

Model number: XM-X1 (F97)
    Code name: Crossbone Gundam X-1
    Unit type: prototype general purpose mobile suit
    Manufacturer: Strategic Naval Research Institute
    Operator: Crossbone Vanguard
    First deployment: UC 0133
    Accommodation: pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso with Core Block System using Core Fighter
    Dimensions: head height 15.9 meters
    Weight: empty 9.5 metric tons; max gross 24.8 metric tons
    Construction: gundarium alloy/ceramic composite on movable frame
    Powerplant: Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 5280 kW
    Propulsion: rocket thrusters: 4 x 25000-30000 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 34
    Performance: maximum thruster acceleration 4.03-4.84 G
    Equipment and design features: sensors, range unknown; dummy launchers in hands; special weapons targeting sensor in head, can be deployed over right eye sensor/camera; bio-computer system
    Optional equipment: anti-beam coating cloak, mounts on main body; booster, mounts on X-thrusters
    Fixed armaments: 2 x vulcan gun, fire-linked, mounted in head; 2 x mega machine cannon, fire-linked, mounted in torso; 2 x beam saber, stored in recharge racks in shoulder armor, hand-carried in use; 4 x heat dagger, stored one in each foot and one in each calf, hand-carried or foot-mounted in use; 2 x scissor anchor, mounted on front skirt armor; 2 x beam shield/brand marker, mounted on forearms
    Optional hand armaments: buster gun, can be stored on right hip armor; beam zanber, can be stored on left hip armor; zanbuster, combined buster gun/beam zanber
    Optional armaments: rifle grenade, fired from buster gun; atomic shell, fired from buster gun

...tis the gundam that will make you walk the plank, ya scurvy dog!
    see it ars kicking!
    click here.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: crossbone gundam

I believe that I have heard of it, it does look alot like a pirate. Wonder what they'll come up wit next, "Gundam: Pirates of the Milky Way?"lol. We'll jus' haveta c.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

late UC right? i have actually heard a lot of raves about this, as it belongs to a pirate, correct? kinda obvious, but whatever

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    late UC right? i have actually heard a lot of raves about this, as it belongs to a pirate, correct? kinda obvious, but whatever

The manga series Crossbone Gundam is a 6 volume manga written by Tomino Yoshiyuki and illustrated by Hasegawa Yuichi; it is the sequel to the anime movie Mobile Suit Gundam F91.

The story takes place 10 years after the end of Gundam F91. The movie's heroes, Seabook Arno and Cecily Fairchild, discover that Crux Dogatie of the Jupiter Energy Fleet is plotting to conquer Earth with the forces of his Jupiter Empire. In response, Cecily takes up her birth name "Berah Ronah" and recreates the Crossbone Vanguard, who disguise themselves as pirates attacking the Jupiter Energy Fleet. Seabook, under the alias "Kinkedo Nau", is one of the new Vanguard's top pilots. The other is Zabine Chareux, a veteran of the original Crossbone Vanguard. The main character of Crossbone Gundam is a teenage Newtype named Tobia Arronax, who gets swept up in the war between the Crossbone Vanguard and Jupiter Empire.

While Gundam F91 is understandably viewed as a disappointment by many Gundam fans, Crossbone Gundam is widely regarded as one of Gundam's best installments, with its likeable cast, well-written story, and unique "pirate Gundam" mechanical designs. Its quality easily leads one to wonder how Gundam F91 would have turned out had Tomino been able to complete it as the originally planned 52 episode TV series, rather than having to condense it into a single 2-hour movie. The popularity of the series is such that it has two sequels. The first is a single volume story collection called 'Skull Heart', taking place several years after the events of the main manga with Tobia as the new leader of the reorganized Crossbone Vanguard. A second multi-volume sequel called 'Seven of Steel' is currently in production with the first volume coming out in December of 2006.

Apart from a fan-translation, this manga has never been distributed in English.

In 2003, Hasegawa returned to write a sequel, named Crossbone Gundam Skull Heart (after the eponymous mobile suit, piloted by Tobia). The manga consists of a series of individual stories, centered on the exploits of the Crossbone Vanguard three years after the end of the original series, with some exceptions; the first story is set during the One Year War and deals with Crossbone pilot Umon Samon's youth. The series also features the "return" of Grey Stoke, the aged future version of Judau Ashta, who previously appeared in Hasegawa's V Gundam Sidestory manga.

2006 saw the release of Crossbone Gundam: The Seven of Steel. Taking place shortly after Skull Heart, the series has Tobia and friends meeting Europa, the second wife of original Crossbone villain Crux Dugachi, who warns of a revitalized Jupiter Empire invasion. Of particular note is the presence of the F-99 "Recordbreaker", a mobile suit based on the Crossbone Gundams, which is chronologically the first mobile suit to use the "Wings of Light" made famous by the V2 Gundam.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

I've heard of it being mentioned several times, but yet to see it. I like how ol' Crossbone Gundam looks, but are those "bone" pieces on it's back do anything? look like wierd ass thrusters. *shrug* basket hilt beam saber? a lil bit o fashion to go with the function. I've always thought it cooler to make those giant lightsabers into something unique, rather than the typical "white vibrator" look.

One more thing: If I had a gundam, I'd go pirate too. My gundam would have TWO basket hilt beam sabers! whut?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TaurusDemon23 View Post
    I've heard of it being mentioned several times, but yet to see it. I like how ol' Crossbone Gundam looks, but are those "bone" pieces on it's back do anything? look like wierd ass thrusters. *shrug* basket hilt beam saber? a lil bit o fashion to go with the function. I've always thought it cooler to make those giant lightsabers into something unique, rather than the typical "white vibrator" look.

One more thing: If I had a gundam, I'd go pirate too. My gundam would have TWO basket hilt beam sabers! whut?
    those "bone" pieces on it's back are rocket thrusters: 4 x 25000-30000 kg; vernier thrusters/apogee motors: 34.
    those basket hilt beam saber can be use as beam rifle...now that's unique.
    click and see the vid that i've posted above to see it in action.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

i belive they are called "tail binders", correct? they assist in AMBEC, the program which lets an MS move effeciently and effectively in space.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

I think I might have actually seen a large model (1/60 scale) of it in a shop I go to occasionally. Th reason I remember it is cause of it's interesting name. Heck, that's what made me look at it in the first place. I think it had some sort of laser-crossbow thing, with what looked like barrel ends, yet no attached barrels on all but the middle one, linked to the rest of the gun. They started sitting right up against each other, but could separtate & space out, maybe for a wider blast radius?

Mind you, it was a while ago, so I might have a completely different mech in mind. Either way, the one in the pic & clip looks pretty cool.

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast