+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Do you think we could make a gundam?

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Do you think we could make a gundam?

I am going to move this to the Gundam section seeing as it its talks about the anime and bring it to life.

~Moving~
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

due to current technology, the movements of a mobile suit are severely limeted. the Land Walker like Billum speaks of, actually scoots. its because the shock of each footstep would litterally destroy the macine in a few paces. and the macine needs to beable to respond fast enough to keep its balance while walking. currently, working with the tech that we have now can only let a machine move so fast. and by fast i mean slow.

in space, however, a mobile suit could be better used along the lines of a mobile suits original purpose- construction. just like in the anime, a humanoid machine would be very useful in space for building things.

and to operate an MS like in the anime, that may be the greatest task of all. what less advanced UC-era, AC-era, CE-era, and the new 00 series make you take for granted is the complicated mechanisms in controling such a beast. my research (yes, research) has found that it is likely to control the finger movement with the handheld controls. there is ussually four buttons on the controls that the fingers are placed on, and i assume the ammount of pressure placed on each moves the assigned finger. but what about more advanced movements, like kicks, jumps, and more arm movements?

for this reason i think that the best way to control a MS similarly like gundam would be the use of a cockpit like that found in G Gundam, or the use of some form of phsycommu system like in advanced UC suits.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    due to current technology, the movements of a mobile suit are severely limeted. the Land Walker like Billum speaks of, actually scoots. its because the shock of each footstep would litterally destroy the macine in a few paces. and the macine needs to beable to respond fast enough to keep its balance while walking. currently, working with the tech that we have now can only let a machine move so fast. and by fast i mean slow.

in space, however, a mobile suit could be better used along the lines of a mobile suits original purpose- construction. just like in the anime, a humanoid machine would be very useful in space for building things.

and to operate an MS like in the anime, that may be the greatest task of all. what less advanced UC-era, AC-era, CE-era, and the new 00 series make you take for granted is the complicated mechanisms in controling such a beast. my research (yes, research) has found that it is likely to control the finger movement with the handheld controls. there is ussually four buttons on the controls that the fingers are placed on, and i assume the ammount of pressure placed on each moves the assigned finger. but what about more advanced movements, like kicks, jumps, and more arm movements?

for this reason i think that the best way to control a MS similarly like gundam would be the use of a cockpit like that found in G Gundam, or the use of some form of phsycommu system like in advanced UC suits.
    i would prefer macross to be real than the gundam...because for one thing macross follows true physics.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

well, to be honest, the soonest things we will get will be like AT-AT's from Star Wars.

Gundam, with the exeption of G Gundam, has pretty accurate physics for the most part. of course, we dont have beam weapons, but it is fiction after all...

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    well, to be honest, the soonest things we will get will be like AT-AT's from Star Wars.

Gundam, with the exeption of G Gundam, has pretty accurate physics for the most part. of course, we dont have beam weapons, but it is fiction after all...
    only in the uc...because i've read tomino did a lot science based reasearch before making the gundam. still...i'll go with macross.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Celebrity Fight Club Champion itachigirl is off to a good start
    i could tell you, but id have to kill you
    Thanks

tht would be the most awesome thing ever..but i dont think at the moment it's possible. if we try to make one right now, then it would be hell and cost billions of dollars and would probably be too slow for warfare. However, if we truly start investing in it now, but plan for it to be released some where for the WAY future, i think we can do it. one other factor u must think about is: wht would it be used for? War fare? Giganto toy? Loading incredibly large items? so many things to consider..

Thanks

umm...yeah..
    i would damn near sell my soul for a giant gundam for the sole purpose of being a toy
    hells yeah.

but in all actuality, a MS would be very impractical. at least right now.

Otaku FuzzyBearofDoom is off to a good start FuzzyBearofDoom's Avatar
    Thanks

I completely agree with ochigate if we built a gundam it wouldnt be able to move. There is no way that we could support a gundam leg well enough to support the mass amounts of heavy of the top of the gundam. This is virtually impossible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast