+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gundam, hoping for close combat weapon advice...

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Gundam, hoping for close combat weapon advice...

OK, I seem to have written myself into a bit of a corner with the little Gundam universe I've thought up, & I was hoping someone with a bit more knowledge might help.

Basically, I'm setting it about 20 years after a huge Gene War (the good old Natural/Coordinator thing), & though neither side truly trust each other, they've kept the peace. However a side faction is trying to start things moving their way, & they need Mobile Suits to lead the charge, the most advanced Mobile Suits created yet naturally...

Armour wise, there'll be 2 main branches, Phase Shift blocking physical attacks, but not so much beam, or the beam blocking anti beam coatings or the laminated armour, both of which aren't as good for physical attacks (I was going off what I've seen with these). The 2 have always been separate, until now.

I'm thinking their custom made MS's the third party uses are armoured with what I've decided to call Laminated Phase Shift armour (LPS), which blocks all physical attacks & dissipates most of the heat created by beam weaponry. Standard Beam Bazookas are as effective as a rifle, Beam swords & such take half a second to shut down the Phase Shift part, then another half a second to start cutting, meanwhile the pilot's used that second & knocked you away, so everything cools off & goes back to normal.

Basically, I've thought it up & created it, now I'm not sure how to kill it. I have armed one of the main characters with a "Beamsaw", essentially a normal chain saw, only with balls of beam sword energy in front of each blade, however these are only short things coming off the forearms & feet. It's looking like these will be the best weapons against this armour, but I'm hoping someone knows of some weapon that might be able to do the job in hand to hand as good.

As it is, it looks like I'm gonna have to make a giant Beamsaw-bladed axe type thing for the model I've built & for the story...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gundam, hoping for close combat weapon advice...

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    OK, I seem to have written myself into a bit of a corner with the little Gundam universe I've thought up, & I was hoping someone with a bit more knowledge might help.

Basically, I'm setting it about 20 years after a huge Gene War (the good old Natural/Coordinator thing), & though neither side truly trust each other, they've kept the peace. However a side faction is trying to start things moving their way, & they need Mobile Suits to lead the charge, the most advanced Mobile Suits created yet naturally...

Armour wise, there'll be 2 main branches, Phase Shift blocking physical attacks, but not so much beam, or the beam blocking anti beam coatings or the laminated armour, both of which aren't as good for physical attacks (I was going off what I've seen with these). The 2 have always been separate, until now.

I'm thinking their custom made MS's the third party uses are armoured with what I've decided to call Laminated Phase Shift armour (LPS), which blocks all physical attacks & dissipates most of the heat created by beam weaponry. Standard Beam Bazookas are as effective as a rifle, Beam swords & such take half a second to shut down the Phase Shift part, then another half a second to start cutting, meanwhile the pilot's used that second & knocked you away, so everything cools off & goes back to normal.

Basically, I've thought it up & created it, now I'm not sure how to kill it. I have armed one of the main characters with a "Beamsaw", essentially a normal chain saw, only with balls of beam sword energy in front of each blade, however these are only short things coming off the forearms & feet. It's looking like these will be the best weapons against this armour, but I'm hoping someone knows of some weapon that might be able to do the job in hand to hand as good.

As it is, it looks like I'm gonna have to make a giant Beamsaw-bladed axe type thing for the model I've built & for the story...

Have u ever thought 'bout an LPS Canceler like weapon, It would kinda b like my DARTS system; which I designed ta cancel out the effects of Phase Shift Armor. Of course, much like wit the DARTS system, u would need ta use regular ammo; instead of; beam weapondry. U c the DARTS system works like this; the tip of the ammo has a Phase Shift neutalizin' agent that works on the sub-atomic level. It's principal is similar ta the Neutron Jammer technology, but it applies ta Phase Shift instead. It jus' somethin' that I came up wit a while ago and although it needs a little fine tunin', I think that u could apply it ta this situation.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

your concept is it too much of a cosmic era. can you possibly change the names...like instead of phase shift, it should be called a gundam field or a beam field.

why not creating a beam lance or a beam claymore...even a beam knife.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    Thanks

Sorry about the late reply. Held up with School stuff. TAFE can be annoying...

I think I screwed up the description & left out a few details. Basically it's the general trooper's MS's that'll have the LPS armour, while their advanced units, those designed to be the leaders of the invasion, are made from Gundamium Alloy, essentially highly resistant to both beam & solid weapon hits, without the large drain LPS causes, while also absorbing radar waves. But while the MS of the "heroes" of their forces get Gundamium Alloy MSs, dubbed "Gundams", the general forces get Zachariah Assault/Killteam Unit (ZAKU) MSs. Pretty much Seed Destiny Zakus, cause I like the custom pack idea. One of the main characters gets a ZAKU too, but hers gets modified...

As for the close combat weapon, I've been thinking about the LPS canceler weapon idea. I'm thinking that unless focussed, beam weapons just send their energy in all directions. So if you defocused a beam saber perhaps, maybe it would try to form a solid beam, but instead could just form a haze of beam sword energy around the weapon instead. Now add that to either side of a Beamsaw, make that into a large axe type weapon...

I am still open to other ideas though. If you've got any, don't be afraid to speak up.

Last edited by LordCastigator; Feb 28, 2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: forgot detail...

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

here's an original idea, why not make a gundam that has an ability to transform land,water,air, and space vehicle? and the pilots are androids...or even aliens.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

How about technologically & genetically enhanced combat clones, each with a unit fixed to the side of their head containing a laser target designator for missile strikes & a extendable-via-cable camera directly connected to the visual processing part of their brains, allowing them to connect it to a gunsight & fire around corners without breaking cover. Harder to spot is the armour plating running down their back, protecting the AI (still under development), comms & memory systems hard wired into their brains. Each raised from artificial birth to fight & die for the one they call God, the mighty Golden God Zachariah. The ones that start thinking for themselves are very closely monitored, either ending up as spare organs or heavily drugged morons if it turns into questions. After all, who are they to question their God...

All this has been going on for the 19-20 years since the end of the great Genetic War. For that entire time, they've been plotting to take over & the worst part, they've got both sides paying for it under the disguise of "making Mars habitable for humanity" under the title of "Project NL2", supposedly New Life 2, the first attempt failing due to the start of the war. In truth, they're using the red planet to roll out the best technology for their growing army of Combat Coordenators, bred purely for combat from DNA of the young unknown hero of the Gene War, a man with unusual abilities...

At this rate, I might as well type up & post the first story...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LordCastigator View Post
    How about technologically & genetically enhanced combat clones, each with a unit fixed to the side of their head containing a laser target designator for missile strikes & a extendable-via-cable camera directly connected to the visual processing part of their brains, allowing them to connect it to a gunsight & fire around corners without breaking cover. Harder to spot is the armour plating running down their back, protecting the AI (still under development), comms & memory systems hard wired into their brains. Each raised from artificial birth to fight & die for the one they call God, the mighty Golden God Zachariah. The ones that start thinking for themselves are very closely monitored, either ending up as spare organs or heavily drugged morons if it turns into questions. After all, who are they to question their God...

All this has been going on for the 19-20 years since the end of the great Genetic War. For that entire time, they've been plotting to take over & the worst part, they've got both sides paying for it under the disguise of "making Mars habitable for humanity" under the title of "Project NL2", supposedly New Life 2, the first attempt failing due to the start of the war. In truth, they're using the red planet to roll out the best technology for their growing army of Combat Coordenators, bred purely for combat from DNA of the young unknown hero of the Gene War, a man with unusual abilities...

At this rate, I might as well type up & post the first story...

not bad...but why the term coordinator? it sounds like a prequel of seed if you used that term. why not a-types (artificial humans)? while natural humans are called n-types.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

I guess I like the whole Natural/Coordinator thing. Why, what are they called in the other series?

There probably will be a few things that have been taken from the Seed series, though there is a lot I've either thought up or learned about the other series. I'm also throwing in Newtypes, including an important twist on them, several MS's from other series are included, including Zaku I's renamed MSGEARs (Mobile Suit General Equipment Assault Rig), along with a few other things. I'm actually writing it up as I go through my Emails now.

I guess I'll post a link somewhere if I post it here. Maybe in my sig again...

Still open for close combat weapon info, if there is any more available...

+ Reply to Thread