+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Gundam SEED discussion

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gundam SEED discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    I afraid that I don' understand, this jus' doesn' make sense. She had already broken Earth Forces policy by lettin' Kira pilot the Strike in the first place. She did this in an effort ta protect the Archangel, and "necessity" dictated that it b done. So it would make sense ta have a better trained pilot behind the controls than some1 who doesn' know the first thing 'bout battle. However, Kira was the only one who could pilot the Strike and the situation demanded that Kira pilot it. By all rights, Murrue should've been court-martialed, and not for allowin' a "coordinator" ta pilot the Strike; necessarilly; but for allowin' a "civilian" ta handle such top secret equipment. She was in it deep, but was never court-martialed. As a matter of fact, one could say that by allowin' Kira, a "civilian", ta pilot the Strike; she is indirectly responsible for what happened ta it and that if pilot were better trained; the Strike would've probably never had been destroyed. Murrue had already broken several of the Earth Forces military policies, so I don' believe that breakin' one more; and trainin' Kira; would've made all that much a difference in how the military was goin' ta deal wit Murrue. Their situation called for immediate action and I don' believe that what Murrue did would've been done differently by any other commander in that position, but I still feel that they would've all benefitted a whole lot better if Kira were trained.
    I like your loophole findings on this specific case, but i have to remind you that its just an anime show, so military sanctions are out of the question. lulz man. I guess she would had most likely been executed or put in jail for violating the rules.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

this is getting a bit ridicculous, but as for training kira, i must ask how you train one to pilot something on which you had no information. kira finished the friggin Strike's OS, not to mention that he trained the astray pilots. also, the strike dagger pilots where trained using Kira's data. and just like Mu La Flaga said, a mobile armor and a mobile suit are nothing alike, so training him on one of those would be useless. the only training kira could get would be battle.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    this is getting a bit ridicculous, but as for training kira, i must ask how you train one to pilot something on which you had no information. kira finished the friggin Strike's OS, not to mention that he trained the astray pilots. also, the strike dagger pilots where trained using Kira's data. and just like Mu La Flaga said, a mobile armor and a mobile suit are nothing alike, so training him on one of those would be useless. the only training kira could get would be battle.
    no wonder he gets his butt kicked in destiny because the lack of training...this is the end...no more, seed. this anime has too much loopholes that will drive us mad i tell you.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

the point of this thread isnt just to poke out the loopholes that one finds in the series, but a discussion of the series as a whole. there are plenty other things that can be discussed at this thread, so if you find the thread "too painful" then refrain from posting here.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Simple, by usin' the design specs for the Strike, they could have made a "mock" cockpit for Kira ta train in, not only that, but there's more ta trainin' than jus' enhancin' one's own skills. By trainin' one learns tactics and how ta adjust those tactics durin' the flow of battle. One also learns how ta cope wit battle and the emotional stress that comes wit it. How best ta use equipment, which equipment would b best for what, etc. I could go on and on, but my point is by trainin' Kira would've been a better pilot. And jus' 'cause a mobile armor is different from a mobile suit doesn' mean that Kira couldn' have benefited from the teachings of a more experienced pilot. Which, Mu la Flaga did try ta attempt ta do, but could do so only within a limited scope, 'cause he didn' have much time ta. If Mu had more time, and a proper trainin' facility, he could have been able train Kira, sharpenin' his skills, helpin' him wit tactics, teachin' him how ta best handle the stress, etc. So trainin' him wouldn' have been useless, it would've benefited him.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Thanks

but you again forget how scarce materials where. they had to get water from junius seven, for crying out loud! its not like they could spare anything to make a cockpit up, they would need the parts to repair the strike and Moebious Zero

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

but you again forget how scarce materials where. they had to get water from junius seven, for crying out loud! its not like they could spare anything to make a cockpit up, they would need the parts to repair the strike and Moebious Zero
    It wasn', necessarily, any scarcity of materials as much as supplies and when they were resupplied by Adm. Halburton's 8th fleet, besides, any materials that they needed for manufacturin' such a facility were available then. Yet even w/o such facilities, Kira could've been drilled and practiced, when time allowed it, even taught Kira tactics, how ta handle stress, discipline, etc. Like I've said, there is so much more ta trainin' then jus' increasin' one's own skills.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Damn, hasn't this been active since I got on my computer last. Oh well, let's see what's going on...

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    though i still don't understand why only coordinator was able to use a gundam? the cockpit is just common with the others. the os doesn't even make sense literally. one of the reason why i don't like seed because they have a lot senseless concepts.
    Oh, oh, I can answer this one!!! Thankyou Gundam Seed Astray Manga!!

Esentually, practically all MS's are designed to take full advantage of a Coordinator's enhances senses, reflexes, intelligence and all their other improvements. To put it bluntly, it takes advantage of the fact they can balance on top of a ball while patting their head & rubbing their belly! If a Natural was to jump in instead, they'd be overwhelmed by just how much info is thrown at them, all of which they have to control. There would be some who could, but it'd be like watching a baby taking it's first steps, trying to coordenate everything at once. Heck, in Astray, the Natural Lowe Gear takes possession & opperates the Red Frame Astray, though he's helped out a lot be "8", an AI system housed in a computer tablet that's almost human at times.

I know that's been & gone, & I don't plan to start that conversation up again, it's just that's one of the few bits of info I know for certain. It actually states that in the Manga.

I wonder if it would have been possible to write up a simulation program? Like the flight sim machines airline pilots use to practice on, except program it into the suit's systems. It wouldn't have to be detailed, just accurate enough to train with, possibly using data from actual combat encounters. That would have helped.

Personally, even if I didn't want to fight, I'd still train, cause the better your skills, the longer you'd stay alive, the safer your friends will be. Then again, I'd love the chance to pilot something like a MS. Into battle might be going a bit far unless needed, but going for a joyride...

Almost forgot,I do have a quick question. Are they stuck on Earth & on orbiting colonies still, or have they reached & started living on other planets yet? I ask cause I keep hearing all these names of locations & all I can think of is colony or planet? So if any of you know, I'd love to know...

Last edited by LordCastigator; Dec 11, 2007 at 09:58 AM. Reason: forgot something...
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast