+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Gundam SEED discussion

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Gundam SEED discussion

It's not really, I liked it as well if not the same as I liked Seed. It just gives you a different look at the story. It's kinda done through Athrun this time instead if Kira. I also like the gundams in both Seeds shows.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    Not that I wouldn't take your word for it, but how so? In comparison to Seed, how is it worse?
    it's really bad for me, since i've seen all sorts of gundam and it's very well known to all people like me that seed and seed destiny just completely copied everything (stories, characters, gundams, ms and etc.) from the uc. they bored me when i watched them because it was too predictable and too cliche.

Ochi Gate, i think it will be on december. and i will laugh if kira dies, not because i hate him it's because that's what happened to amuro ray.

btw to all you gundam greenhorns, kira yamato is based on amuro ray, 100%.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    it's really bad for me, since i've seen all sorts of gundam and it's very well known to all people like me that seed and seed destiny just completely copied everything (stories, characters, gundams, ms and etc.) from the uc. they bored me when i watched them because it was too predictable and too cliche.

btw to all you gundam greenhorns, kira yamato is based on amuro ray, 100%.
    I see. I hadn't considered watching it in the first place, since I don't particularily enjoy subtitles and blah, but I don't think I'll be going for it anymore now. There's only a few parts I've seen on Youtube, and I've read on wikipedia. I guess it's like a poor attempt to recreate perhaps?
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

You know seed and sd isn't really all that bad. Reguardless if they are rip offs from others. They show you more of the characters and how they feel and interact with one another. They also have more of a story and personal views instead of all fighting. You get to really connect with the characters. I know I might be that only one here who really likes them. But to put them down so badly without giving anyone else a chance to really watch them, I think is a little unfair. I know rematch that you don't like the show but it's not as bad as you make it out to be. For those who haven't seen all of the others and aren't huge fans of the older ones. Seed and sd aren't that bad over all.

You can proseed with the slam downs now, I'm still not going to change my mind on this.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Gundam Seed' was considered good enough that the TV series took the Anime of the Year award at the 2004 Tokyo Anime Fair. And so far, its the only Anime TV series to do this, with Anime Movies taking this award for all the other years. Currently, the Tokyo Anime Fair is the most prestigious award for Anime in Japan, and I have not gone wrong buying the award winning series/movies listed here...

Awards Winners Archive - Tokyo International Anime Fair 2008:
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

well...there are others who likes them and others who don't but the seed universe going to end but the uc isn't, and still keeps growing. and i hope that there will be no other future alternate gundams that will follow what seed did to uc. i would have liked seed if the director just followed the novel's version.

fireandice, if you like that in a gundam then try watching some uc gundams.

dark angel swordsman, it's not recreation attempt because there are already recreation of the uc. it's just really knockoff. seed a little, but seed destiny....yyyeeeecckkkk!!!

like i said...i prefer the side stories of seed and seed destiny over the anime.
    Last edited by rematche; Nov 27, 2007 at 02:55 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Ive seen the special edition movies, and thought they where pretty good, not as much bullcrap as i remember there being. plus no crappy laser guns.

the animation, althoug some is clearly recycled often, is good.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

So does the side stories include the Seed Astray series? I'm guessing so, but better to ask. I'm still learning where it all fits together...

@ Rematche - I might be able to wrangle a Gundam Wing box set for Christmas, just wondering if this is the universe you were talking about.

I do know they have some rather cool mechs in the Seed universes, plus from what I hear the actual SEED system rocks (predicting & avoiding enemy attacks, then pawning their asses! WHAA HOOO!!), but I don't really know that much about it. On the bright side though, if I do write up the Gundam stories floating around my head, it's highly unlikely that I'll be copying off any other series...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast