+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Results 273 to 280 of 285

Thread: Which gundam series do you like best?

  1. #273
    Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    288
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Which gundam series do you like best?

    I can see it as barbaric but it is smarter than just an all out brawl. It makes more sense.
    How can I see it as barbaric? Well, those people have made huge advancements in technological fields only to fight against each other. It seems as if they haven't lost their will to fight. That common nature that causes people to get along, it's still there. If they are that advanced, I think there should be a way for them to work it out. Then again, that wouldn't make for a very good T.V. show now would it.
    And the reason Wing isn't technologically advanced is because it is based how many more years before G? We don't know. But they don't happen at the same time. Maybe the only reason that G is more advanced is because they had more time to discover these things. You can't imagine all this happening at the same time. You have to think that it is on one timeline but very spread out. That's really the only way it makes sense.

  2. #274
    Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my way back to Philadelphia
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Which gundam series do you like best?

    Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    in g gundam...they prevent war by putting in a battle tournament which the winner that represents their countries gets to rule earth for one year. it's non-lethal sport tournament that has rules and regulations, and most of all no one dies...and that's barbaric?
    Read what's in red.
    There is no war but battles take place to determine who will rule for a period of a year. . . . .
    They couldn't decide that with a game of tic tac toe. Maybe even rock paper scissors?
    Forget that no one is supposed to die. You're in a very very huge mechanical item stocked with weapons that you will use against your opponent.
    You really think there's no chance of injury? Death is a definite possibility regardless of the rules.
    You say smart. I say barbaric.

    Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    and wing isn't technological advance...g gundam already use motion sensor system for their gundams, while wing use manual partial automated os on it's ms system...just like seed but they eventually created an full automated version. and also wing can't even mass produced a gundam...hence, they lack advance machinery to produce a vast versions. g gundam can. practically all of the countries can make one independently without having difficulties in terms of resources. also in a.i., wing doesn't have one...those mobile dolls still needs human data's to work, while seed and g gundam has an a.i. already. heck, even 00 gundam is much more advance than wing, since they can recycle and reuse it's energy, genetic modified soldiers, and advance networking a.i. system. wing has none of those.

    and from what i've mentioned earlier...the most advance gundam eras are from turn a-gundam of cc (correct century), and gundam of uc (universal century). in terms in technology, resources, and society.
    I never mentioned Gundam Wing.
    It's one of my least favorite of all the gundams

  3. #275
    Otaku Vincent has disabled reputation Vincent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    288
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: Which gundam series do you like best?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Read what's in red.
    There is no war but battles take place to determine who will rule for a period of a year. . . . .
    They couldn't decide that with a game of tic tac toe. Maybe even rock paper scissors?
    Forget that no one is supposed to die. You're in a very very huge mechanical item stocked with weapons that you will use against your opponent.
    You really think there's no chance of injury? Death is a definite possibility regardless of the rules.
    You say smart. I say barbaric.


    I never mentioned Gundam Wing.
    It's one of my least favorite of all the gundams
    I agree. A game of rock, paper scissors would have been easier. And probably more fair. Instead of going for simple, they tried to go for the most destructive.

  4. #276
    Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Re: Which gundam series do you like best?

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    And the reason Wing isn't technologically advanced is because it is based how many more years before G? We don't know. But they don't happen at the same time. Maybe the only reason that G is more advanced is because they had more time to discover these things. You can't imagine all this happening at the same time. You have to think that it is on one timeline but very spread out. That's really the only way it makes sense.
    wrong....wing is an alternate gundam universe and g gundam as well...hence they are different. the reason why g became advance is because they no longer need war and they have expanded their resources further from earth. in their universe, earth is already obsolete to supply resources, it's space where they all lived.

    the only true gundam universe is uc (universal century). others are alternate universes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    Read what's in red.
    There is no war but battles take place to determine who will rule for a period of a year. . . . .
    They couldn't decide that with a game of tic tac toe. Maybe even rock paper scissors?
    Forget that no one is supposed to die. You're in a very very huge mechanical item stocked with weapons that you will use against your opponent.
    You really think there's no chance of injury? Death is a definite possibility regardless of the rules.
    You say smart. I say barbaric.
    it's called a sport not a battle....earth is a trophy. earth is already irrelevant to them already in this gundam universe. since all nations have lived and migrated on space, since it has vast resources for them to have and can be shared. injuries does happened because it's a sport...have you played sport before?
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

  5. #277
    Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my way back to Philadelphia
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Which gundam series do you like best?

    Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post

    it's called a sport not a battle....earth is a trophy. earth is already irrelevant to them already in this gundam universe. since all nations have lived and migrated on space, since it has vast resources for them to have and can be shared. injuries does happened because it's a sport...have you played sport before?
    That sounds a lot more like Russian roulette than a sport.
    The stakes are so much higher.

    But yes I've played a sport before. The chance of death was very very small. Almost miscible.

  6. #278
    Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Re: Which gundam series do you like best?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    That sounds a lot more like Russian roulette than a sport.
    The stakes are so much higher.

    But yes I've played a sport before. The chance of death was very very small. Almost miscible.
    not really...there's nothing really much on earth anymore. the planet itself is a ring...literally. people on earth are either spectators, staffs, maintenance crews, medics, and merchants. well the fight isn't a gamble is more like martial arts tournament...in my point of view, i'd rather have this way than a war.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

  7. #279
    Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    On my way back to Philadelphia
    Posts
    238
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 26 Times in 24 Posts

    Re: Which gundam series do you like best?

    Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    not really...there's nothing really much on earth anymore. the planet itself is a ring...literally. people on earth are either spectators, staffs, maintenance crews, medics, and merchants. well the fight isn't a gamble is more like martial arts tournament...in my point of view, i'd rather have this way than a war.
    ^ Since I did vote the series as one of my favorite, I'd like to think I know something about, including the info you just gave. . .

    My point is, if there are no more full out wars, every nation has their own colony type thing why hold what you're calling a martial arts tournament at all?
    I consider it barbaric that since there is no need for war at all ever and people invent tournaments and say "it's so we don't have to have wars" as an excuse.
    That's what I find barbaric.

    But the action . . . was amazing, I'll grant them that.

  8. #280
    Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 49 Times in 46 Posts

    Re: Which gundam series do you like best?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tula View Post
    ^ Since I did vote the series as one of my favorite, I'd like to think I know something about, including the info you just gave. . .

    My point is, if there are no more full out wars, every nation has their own colony type thing why hold what you're calling a martial arts tournament at all?
    I consider it barbaric that since there is no need for war at all ever and people invent tournaments and say "it's so we don't have to have wars" as an excuse.
    That's what I find barbaric.

    But the action . . . was amazing, I'll grant them that.
    why invent sports then? that's the answer to your question by answering this question. to clarify it. the martial arts tournament is a grant version of olympic game.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gundam Seed Series
    By arubberchicken in forum Gundam
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Mar 12, 2007, 08:49 PM
  2. How meny different Gundam series are there??
    By Lighting Count in forum Gundam
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Apr 14, 2006, 06:35 PM
  3. whats your fav gundam series.
    By shinn_asuka in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: Jan 15, 2006, 01:29 AM
  4. Best Gundam series
    By Ragn0r0x in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Nov 17, 2004, 08:52 AM
  5. Gundam Series Getting Blail?????
    By ZerOraY in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: Nov 03, 2004, 08:16 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts