+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Mobile Suit Gundam 00

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mobile Suit Gundam 00

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    yup...you're right it doesn't really matter.
    because the name gundam is actually just a term used for calling mobile suits prototypes.
    in the UC timeline im not sure what made them call it the "gundam", but in the AC (after colony, wing universe) timeline it was cuz they where made of gundanium alloy, which was amazing. and in SEED i think it was supposed to be some cruddy acronym for something, right?

also, concerning the first series, Amuro's gundam was officially RX-78-2 gundam, right? as in it was the second. what happened to RX-78-1? i thought i saw a picture of it, and it looked just like amuro's ecept for being blue it was black. the white and red parts where still white and red.

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    in the UC timeline im not sure what made them call it the "gundam", but in the AC (after colony, wing universe) timeline it was cuz they where made of gundanium alloy, which was amazing. and in SEED i think it was supposed to be some cruddy acronym for something, right?

also, concerning the first series, Amuro's gundam was officially RX-78-2 gundam, right? as in it was the second. what happened to RX-78-1? i thought i saw a picture of it, and it looked just like amuro's ecept for being blue it was black. the white and red parts where still white and red.
    seed...yup an acronym that doesn't even makes sense.
    General
    Unilateral
    Neuro - Link
    Dispersive
    Autonomic
    Maneuver
    ...since it's neuro link, what the point of having buttons and levers then?...sigh!

uc...it was called gundam because of the 2 other ms besides it: the guntank and the guncanon. and it has capability of the other 2.
    the RX-78-1...

..."The third mobile suit developed under the Earth Federation's top-secret "Project V," the RX-78 Gundam series saw its initial rollout in the form of the RX-78-1 Prototype Gundam at the Federation's Jaburo military headquarters on Earth. The Gundam was designed as a fast, close-combat mobile suit and was the first to feature several new technologies, including the energy cap-based beam rifle (making the Gundam the first mobile suit to pack the firepower of a battleship) and beam saber. Once the initial design was approved, development proceeded to the second stage, and three RX-78-2 Gundam began construction and testing at the Side 7 research colony."
    this gundam was actually made for earth terrains but the RX-78-2 is capable in multi terrains.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

[QUOTE=rematche;504078]seed...yup an acronym that doesn't even makes sense.
    General
    Unilateral
    Neuro - Link
    Dispersive
    Autonomic
    Maneuver
    ...since it's neuro link, why does it have buttons and levers?...sigh!

uc...it was called gundam because of the 2 other ms besides it: the guntank and the guncanon.[QUOTE]

yes, i agree, i think they just thought up of words to make the acronym be gundam.
    i knew that there was guntank (sucks) and guncannon (i think its pretty cool) so its logical to be named "gun" something. im just wondering where the "dam" came from.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    yes, i agree, i think they just thought up of words to make the acronym be gundam.
    i knew that there was guntank (sucks) and guncannon (i think its pretty cool) so its logical to be named "gun" something. im just wondering where the "dam" came from.
    according to tomino...
    "During its conceptual phase, the series was originally titled Freedom Fighter Gunboy or simply Gunboy, because the title robot was armed with a gun and the target demographic was young boys. In the early stages of production, there were numerous references to the word freedom, such as the White Base being originally named Freedom's Fortress, the Core Fighter as the Freedom Wing, and the Gunperry named the Freedom Cruiser. The collective Yatate team combined the English word Gun with last syllable of the word Freedom, Dom, to form the word Gundom. Tomino then changed the name to the current title Gundam, suggesting that the name Gundam signifies a power wielding a gun that is strong enough to hold back enemies like a dam holds back floods."
    now that's creativity.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

according to tomino...
    "During its conceptual phase, the series was originally titled Freedom Fighter Gunboy or simply Gunboy, because the title robot was armed with a gun and the target demographic was young boys. In the early stages of production, there were numerous references to the word freedom, such as the White Base being originally named Freedom's Fortress, the Core Fighter as the Freedom Wing, and the Gunperry named the Freedom Cruiser. The collective Yatate team combined the English word Gun with last syllable of the word Freedom, Dom, to form the word Gundom. Tomino then changed the name to the current title Gundam, suggesting that the name Gundam signifies a power wielding a gun that is strong enough to hold back enemies like a dam holds back floods."
    now that's creativity.
    now that you mention it, i think i heard that before. *duhhhhhh*
    hey, do you remember Tallgeese from wing? i think that was one of the coolest mobile suits ever. id say my top five (not in any particular order)
    1RX-78 gundam
    2Nu gundam
    3Tallgeese
    4deathscythe hell custom (its got a scythe, and not with 2 blades)
    5God/Burning gundam. (that burning finger is cool)

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Burning Gundam, is that the one with a whole heap of flip open panels & a green glowing hand? That one's pretty cool too.

Ah, big robots, big guns, explosions, pretty girls thrown in too. What more could you want, except to actually own one...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel219 View Post
    Burning Gundam, is that the one with a whole heap of flip open panels & a green glowing hand? That one's pretty cool too.

Ah, big robots, big guns, explosions, pretty girls thrown in too. What more could you want, except to actually own one...

shining gundam then god gundam...i hate it when they change name because it's "politically incorrect". yeah, you are right about that and also the devil gundam and the master gundam.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Thanks

shining gundam then god gundam...i hate it when they change name because it's "politically incorrect". yeah, you are right about that and also the devil gundam and the master gundam.
    yeah, whatever you call it its still cool. especially the burning/god finger. and the sekiha tenkyoken.. man its cool.

yeah, did you know about that whole fiasco with walmart? they where selling Gundam Wing toys, right? and one of them was gundam DeathScythe Hell. wally world shipped the whole load back b/c it said hell. wtf? omg, its soo bad! (sarcastically) i mean come on they sell much much worse things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast