+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note banned in some schools!

Newbie inochan is off to a good start inochan's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Re: Deathnote Banned

I have a DEATH NOTE i bought on a convention i must admit most of my friends were actually afraid when they first saw it and saw the words DEATH and NOTE on it.... of course they were more afraid when i told them what it was... and they were almost running when i showed them the japanese writingof course i told them it was just fiction but still they dont want the around anymore haha they think im kinda crazy!! of course i dont use it i just have it to take notes and i dont even use it for that since it might be worth something someday haha THAT IS JUST ME MUAHAHHAA love you all peace out
    The ever dream of finding and end to it... Darkness...
    [What are you looking for?- she said
    Light...-he said...
    I'll show you a sweet dream next night..

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Re: Deathnote Banned

i think it's stupid, cause Light is just a character, and if people are makeing fake DeathNotes, then their just copy-cats, and it kinda makes sense, if you look at it from the adults view.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Hm...well, I do have a Death Note notebook of my own, but I only use it for only takeing notes...

Anyways, I think that they were right to be concerned about kids writing people's names in the Death Note, because DN is somewhat like a hit list...you write peoples names down that you want to die, and, well, yeah. Not too much of a diffrence. But, I wouldn't go so far as to ARREST someone, just probably suspension or something...getting arrested just for writing a few names down, I think, is takeing it a little too far...

But, yeah, taht's my opinion on this matter...

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok now this is news to my ears. Frankly i think the banning of such things will only provoke it more due to maney peoples lack for athority figures and use it as a form of rebellion. Now its to my up most understanding that there are maney things in this world that provoke something so if they wanna stop death note they better stop tv and internet in genral because now or days you can find out anything.

If you think about it csi teaches you about what steps to take when murdering a person because it shows you how they track you. Spongebob(yes this too) it teaches you the fund-da-mentals of karate and how fun it is to use it on your best friends. tottal drama island it teaches you how to pull cruel pranks that can lead to serious injurys. lets not forget movies from adult swim like squidbillies where the father squid is always shooting people,robbing banks. i mean no matter where you go its every where and its not fare to be so rash over a issue that is only the tip of the ice burg to the real shows causing this stuff.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Otaku Utena Tenjo is off to a good start
    Thanks

well i think that is dumb to ban it to the point of making it illegal in schools.
    i can see where parents would be upset, but..come on
    1. like gaarasandkiller said, theyre going to provoke it
    2. its pure fiction, and an anime
    3. it nothing kids these days havent seen. death, evil, right versus right, moral conflict, murder.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Utena Tenjo For This Useful Post:

gaarasandkiller1 (Oct 20, 2008)

Otaku Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah may be famous one day Adarrah's Avatar
    Thanks

*sigh* The anime Death Note is bad(yeah, I know that but as we grow up, if you're a normal person, of course you can differenciate good and bad) because it has a strong influence on ppl for example like Jigoku Shoujo. Depending on each individuals mind. But the anime is worth watching- it's interesting. Negative influences can be found in these anime, but it's just anime. About the anime Death Note being banned for reasonable and good purpose... is wise. Who wants to influence young minds to write a note of ppl wishing they'd die and then, oneday might take it one step forward? There are differences between expressing our anger and did not mean to do so with the one wishing someone would die for real (Imagine your younger sister writing a deathnotewish- your name, because you didn't help her out with her homework: busy with your own problems. Terrible . . .). If it was me myself, it's okay, but if it's other ppl, I'd say no because I don't want the bad things for them. But seriously, I don't write deathwishlist. I say it out(sometimes when I get frustrated with it) but I don't mean it like- "I wish you were dead" but then we'd laugh because it's understood as a provoking statement. Seriously, ban it! If it's for the best then, ban it +.+ . . .
    Carve an amble now,
    Saying that the day's still bright,
    And let's play with time.

Devoted Otaku Power Play Champion gaarasandkiller1 is off to a good start gaarasandkiller1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Utena Tenjo View Post
    well i think that is dumb to ban it to the point of making it illegal in schools.
    i can see where parents would be upset, but..come on
    1. like gaarasandkiller said, theyre going to provoke it
    2. its pure fiction, and an anime
    3. it nothing kids these days havent seen. death, evil, right versus right, moral conflict, murder.
    This is a prime example and my bigest point nothing these days the kids of today have not seen on tv or even in real everyday life. Not to mention come on its better to write the name down because would that rather the person just snap and kill those they hate or just write the name in the book and know no one will get hurt?. Really I gues no one has watched gangland on the history channel or crime investigation channels, there is kids 7 years old killing their parents cause they seen it on tv or in real life. So to point the finger at this anime is just plane nuts they should be going after the real stuff being aired that is teaching todays youth.
    *All the same i will kill you all,Gaara* (yes i made my own siggy

Newbie PointlessWings is off to a good start PointlessWings's Avatar
    Thanks

I think its stupid to band Death Note but students on the other hand shouldn't go around PRETENDING to have a Death Notebook, Especially not at school

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast