+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Death Note Manga

~ beri-chan ~ hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu may be famous one day hamu-hamu's Avatar
    Thanks

Death Note Manga

Although it is also a manga i didn't know where else to place it, so i ended up placing it in the anime section.

I haven't read the manga yet, so I'm only keeping up with the anime. I think there a 12 volumes in the manga, right?...correct me if i'm wrong.

Now, on with the topic. Anyone else enjoy this anime?
    The animation is of a high quality and the OP - The World by........um who again. Isn't quite bad.

When i first heard of the shinigami, i thought of this like from bleach. Ryuk (that's the spelling?) was in a way physically scary looking. Freaky. Though his character and personality is very much the opposite.

The character Light or Raito.....well all i can say is very evil, despite how he looks.

So let's get some other opinions from people. What do you think of the characters, audio, visuals, etc.
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Sep 02, 2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Re: Death Note

Quote Originally Posted by hamu-hamu View Post
    I haven't read the manga yet, so i'm only keeping up with the anime. I think there a 12 volumes in the manga, right?...correct me if i'm wrong.
    Its 15 volumes of the manga in total ( It's got part 1 and part 2 in it ).

The story's well planned coz they don't have funny stuffs going on(e.g something like this might happen *), everything is related ( I mean every action they make actually effects the story leter and that means if you were to. . . like read the 6th volume of the manga without seeing the movie/anime/previous volumes of the manga, you'll not be able to get the story very well. . .).

So that means good chracters that are VERY VERY logical. . . The visual's style's a little different from others. . . (err... I guess coz it's the eye. . .thing, ya know! You can know what they're feeling!).
    The audio suites the story thats kinda dark, I think. . . but I like the story coz its GOOD. . .

*= Refer to Training Wheels, Updated Tuesdays for more details (coz I dun wanna make thing look messy)
    Last edited by Hassun; Feb 05, 2007 at 03:58 PM.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I can think of a lot of stories that are like you described, alex. +__+

But Death Note's a rare find. It's a joy to read something that's different and (thankfully!) so well-planned. Lots of eye candy too. Bummer about L....... not that I don't like Mello and Near though!

Newbie worldpeace2529 is off to a good start worldpeace2529's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I really enjoy death note because of the interesting plot, and the outsmarting each other theme, but i don't think about Lighto-kun as an evil person, I totally agree with him about getting rid of all the criminals in the world, and becoming god sounds like a good idea to me. If i had the death note i would do the same thing Light did with it. But i don't really like how he's using Misa so far, I hope he treats her better.
    ooh and also, the opening song is sooooooo awesome, because if u translate it it relates to the anime really well, and i like the style it's written in, i even got the full version of the song on my ipod
    Last edited by worldpeace2529; Feb 04, 2007 at 11:24 AM. Reason: i forgot about the audio

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

it's definitly a favorite of Soshi and mine! it's so well written that even though i'm not such a somber person, i love reading it for the good story!

and i really admire Misa for the devotion she gives to Light... even though he's kinda... well... even though he's an a-hole. bu i always wonder how they put on their shoes in the more becuz they think so much!

also, i like the Shinigami too! Especially when that one was handing out fliers of Mellow! it was so cute how he was asking for help, even though no one knew or cared where to start!

Newbie Baby nunu is off to a good start Baby nunu's Avatar
    Thanks

death note ruuuuuuuuuulz.
    it's agreat anime.and light's gonna get busted.
    the songs are nice too but the deathgods are rather ...ugly

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi View Post
    and i really admire Misa for the devotion she gives to Light... even though he's kinda... well... even though he's an a-hole. bu i always wonder how they put on their shoes in the more becuz they think so much!
    I wouldn't really admire her for that. I just think she's OTT. >__> But she has nice clothes. And I'm glad her voice actor is Hirano Aya!! She's SO pretty.

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Baby nunu View Post
    death note ruuuuuuuuuulz.
    it's agreat anime.and light's gonna get busted.
    the songs are nice too but the deathgods are rather ...ugly
    Isn't that the way it should be? It MUST be scary and ugly right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast