Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note now out!

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Death Note now out!

new anime that came out not long ago, based on the manga of the same name

wiki:
    Light Yagami is a brilliant, but bored, high school student who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground in the year 2003. The Death Note's instructions claim that, if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's genuinity, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit the Death Note is real. After meeting with the true owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become the "God of new world" by passing his judgment on criminals.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira", is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill a person just by knowing their face and name. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a race to prove mental superiority between the two begins.

after having watched the first 2 episodes, (and not having read the manga) i was engrossed in this surperbly original story, and found myself smiling in glee at the possiblities that this anime has to offer in terms of moral and philosophical arguments.

what do ao memebers think of this anime so far?
    i was wondering, is there anyone here who has in fact read the manga already? and if so, how does the anime compare to it? is it something i shud be looking forward to? or shud i jes go get the manga?
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Note

Gosh, I haven't watched the anime yet. >__>
    I am soooooooo behind time these days. I've read the manga though, and I love the art, and the story. It definitely is different from anything I've ever read before. Scary, though, if something like the Death Note were to actually exist in reality. *shudder* Yeah, I don't see why you shouldn't get the manga. I usually prefer the original manga to the animated versions anyway - but only because a lot of anime are condensed versions of the manga.

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

well the anime is only up to ep 2 so ur not that behind ^^

yeah thats true, though im not much of a manga reader, anime that is based off manga tend to be weaker than the manga.

i'll make sure to read it after i finish the anime x]
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

Newbie Darkness101 may be famous one day Darkness101 may be famous one day Darkness101's Avatar
    Thanks

ive read some of the manga but i havent known it was made into an anime
    but anyway its a really good manga

Newbie fookongmick may be famous one day fookongmick may be famous one day
    Thanks

I've seen the first 2 episodes and I am totally hooked to it and I really can't wait for the new episodes to come out. The storyline is really great and how the creator put two geniuses head to head!

Otaku Motoko_san may be famous one day Motoko_san may be famous one day Motoko_san's Avatar
    Thanks

I <3 DeathNote

It became my favorite manga.I think it has the most detailed plot n' such. I've seen the anime and it's quite different how Light gets the DeathNote.

I like the movie actors n' such dman i wanna buy it. D=

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by henzor View Post

after having watched the first 2 episodes, (and not having read the manga) i was engrossed in this surperbly original story, and found myself smiling in glee at the possiblities that this anime has to offer in terms of moral and philosophical arguments.
    It has an amazing array of possible psychological and moral discussions, which of course can be done in the Anime Series forum. I consider this to be one of the better anime out there right now. And it's not the same ol' action-packed, ninja/samurai crap. It's mature, it encourages thought, and just reading the dialouge between L and Light is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by henzor View Post
    what do ao memebers think of this anime so far?
    i was wondering, is there anyone here who has in fact read the manga already? and if so, how does the anime compare to it? is it something i shud be looking forward to? or shud i jes go get the manga?
    I have read the manga up to 7 volumes. I think...

I thoroughly enjoyed it to the point that I read the 7 volumes in a span of hours. It took about 3-4 days, usually at night. And the combined hours would have probably made like 6-8 hours. I gobbled the manga up. There were plenty of story twists and turns. There was never a dull moment, despite the fact that the plot stayed fairly the same.

I encourage everyone to pick the anime. The anime has been right on with the manga, they have not changed a thing.

I find the anime more entertaining because I am more geared towards anime anyway. Visual over reading, anyday. The music is extremely good, the artwork is superb, the style is more than satisfactory, and the dialouge is just like the manga's.

PICK THIS ONE UP.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Motoko_san View Post
    I <3 DeathNote

It became my favorite manga.I think it has the most detailed plot n' such. I've seen the anime and it's quite different how Light gets the DeathNote.

I like the movie actors n' such dman i wanna buy it. D=
    Really? How does he get it in the anime? Someone gives it to him?

Oooooh yes, I love Matsuyama Kenichi! XD He looked soooo hot in NANA, and he's even hotter as L.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast