Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Note now out!

Newbie tatooz may be famous one day tatooz may be famous one day tatooz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Death Note

what the hell is death note?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tatooz View Post
    what the hell is death note?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
    *sigh*

Death Note is a relatively popular manga which has been recently made into an anime. I think there have been hints as to what type of anime it is in this very own thread, had you read.

Either way, here's one short explanation from Wikipedia:

"Light Yagami is a brilliant, but bored, high school student who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground in the year 2003. The Death Note's instructions claim that, if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the Death Note's genuinity, believing it is just a prank. However, after experimenting with it and killing two criminals, Light is forced to admit the Death Note is real. After meeting with the true owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become the "God of new world" by passing his judgment on criminals."

Read the rest of this here

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I read some volumes of the manga a long time ago and I didn't really like it.
    Since then, it has gotten really famous but I still don't really like it now. Just not my cup of tea...
    Even the anime everyone is raving about doesn't look very impressive to me.
    I'm still surprised you haven't gotten into the series. What would narrator think of you? Be happy he's not here to see this.

Otaku Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308 may be famous one day tammyemily303308's Avatar
    Thanks

all i know about it is that the person who created it is the creater of Hikaru No Go which is one of my favorite anime as u can see in my sig that is what i read in Shonen Jump but can any one tell me more about this anime

Temari: Naruto's own Wind Charmer.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tatooz View Post
    You know, common sense should have told you before you posted this, to go Google it instead of waste a whole post on it.

Newbie henzor may be famous one day henzor may be famous one day henzor's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    You know, common sense should have told you before you posted this, to go Google it instead of waste a whole post on it.
    ... didnt even need to go that far. i posted a wiki entry on the first post.

thats just insulting ><
    "A good discussion should be like a miniskirt; short enough to pertain interest yet long enough to cover the subject." ;]

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinku no kage View Post
    ...Light, yeah, he is f***ing CRAZY!!!! LOL ^O^ But then again most characters in Death Note are...

He has everything a guy needs: Looks, brains, athletic abilities, and a cute model girlfriend!!!

I like Misa...Ryuzaki is an ok character too til....*read volume 7*
    i know Light Yagami and L Lawliet are both amazing, and Death Note is also a movie, i'd like to see it myself

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145 View Post

I'm still surprised you haven't gotten into the series. What would narrator think of you? Be happy he's not here to see this.
    You should notice that there is a definite lack of gore. Especially for an anime centered around killing people.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    You should notice that there is a definite lack of gore. Especially for an anime centered around killing people.
    Gore isn't everything. The killing should hold a higher position than gore. Cause gore is like a prostitute. They're easy to achieve, and can come in many shapes and size. Whether there is blood or not is irrelevant to the anime.

A "beautiful" murder though, is different. Especially when it involves a teenage genius who believes he is in fact doing good by killing. Not to mention, it's a joy to be able to watch someone who starts out with his self-proclaimed "good" reasons to kill turn into someone who is a ruthless murderer who will accomplish his goals in any way shape or form.

Watching a student slowly turn into a maniacal killer > gore.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast