+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10

Thread: do u think that light is "evil"

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do u think that light is "evil"

okay... i find your defense quite troubling too...

what i actually find as a reality in the world we live in is that in a trial or in a conviction, nobody is really sure whether the one being tried is innocent or not... the only thing one can assure as a prosecutor is believe the defendant is guilty and do your best to prove that the defendant is...

that would perhaps likely be the only way a servant of the law would work... a police officer, once called for help to arrest someone, he will do his best to prove that the person is guilty and capture them... i mean, there is a belief that if the one being chased is innocent, then the accused will, beyond reasonable doubt, prove the police officer wrong.

that is how most things work... nobody can really be sure... hence you must stand by what you believe... and i think light did judge those that were convicted by the law... if they truly were innocent, then the after life will have to speak in their behalf...

it is harsh... but it is true...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Newbie david564nelson is off to a good start david564nelson's Avatar
    messa live in britain but in my hollidays i go to holland
    Thanks

i will say it is evil if there are just plain selfish intentios and he wants good for no one else and if he is wanting to help inocent people then it ios good but with a bit of evil init...
    the reason i say all this is because i have forgoten where kira is in because i have watched all the worlds anime at least 200000000000000000 times (im a complete anime giek)
    MONKEY SEE MONKEY DO

Newbie Judgmentalist is off to a good start
    Thanks

Of course he's evil. Megalomaniacs who wipe out anyone who doesn't match their definition of "worthy" are pretty insane. But people sometimes (often) miss the difference between doing the right thing and doing the right thing the wrong way when they're watching it in fiction. For instance; you'd want people who kill, assault, etc, other people to be punished badly so they don't hurt anyone ever again, right? Most people couldn't impose that type of punishment themselves, and so rely on others in trusted positions to do it for them. But what if the punishment was right where you could see it? What if you were downtown with your friends scarfing some pocky and the sleazy-looking dude next to you exploded into a mess? No, I really don't think in reality most people would want to live in that type of scenario. But seeing as this is fantasy, we can get as gory and morally objective as we'd like, because fiction is safe (?) from reality.

This reminds me of a quote I recently found:

"A book is the only place in which you can examine a fragile thought
    without breaking it, or explore an explosive idea without fear it will
    go off in your face. It is one of the few havens remaining where a
    man's mind can get both provocation and privacy." ~Edward P. Morgan

Do you agree?
    チップスへの焼跡は死に、

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sadis View Post
    I don't think he was evil to start with. He wanted to kill criminals. So he started off being good. By the time the show ended though, I think he was pretty much evil and at least a little insane. He killed anyone that got in his way, could have gave his identity away, or posed any kind of threat.
    Light may have not been technically evil at the start, but frankly it only took him a millisecond or two to decide he was ok with human beings dying to satisfy his sense of justice. I'd argue it was there the whole time, just waiting for an opportunity to come out. If he'd never found the book, I suspect his insanely brilliant misanthropy would have emerged in a quieter way when he became a detective.
    チップスへの焼跡は死に、

Thanks

This puts me in mind of a motivational poster I saw on someone's fb profile:

I really hope we humans are not this morally frail...
    チップスへの焼跡は死に、

Newbie Detective Ryuzaki is off to a good start Detective Ryuzaki's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that Light started off honestly doing what he thought was best. He only wanted to kill off criminals and make the world a better place. But as soon as he killed Ray Penber, that all changed. He went from more misunderstood criminal to evil. He started killing off those who were a threat to him as opposed to those who had committed major crimes. So in the end, yes, I do think that Light is evil.

Besides, I'm DEFINITELY more of an L fan myself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10