+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: do u think that light is "evil"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: do u think that light is "evil"

Quote Originally Posted by clover View Post
    dpends on whats you use 'evil' for, the fact that he killing some criminals that will always be evil in their own way, or that he is killing innnocent people to get his way in his version of utopia?

i believe that he becomes evil later on when he starts you abuse his power. Some criminals will always be evil in the way they are, possibbly some were going to killed anyway for crimes they had committed.
    When he starts using the notebook though to keep himself the unknown God of his utopia he turns into an evil phsyco. The fact that he started to kill friends, and Family proves he has become currupt in his own justice.
    Even if he started out killing people that have done a crime against an innocent, isnt he becoming just as they were?
    Yes you are correct, he set out to rid the world of evil but by doing so he him self became corrupted and has become far more evil then any normal person can because he could kill any one he so please that either deserve it or if that person was simply in his way. Also as the story moves on his thought of what is evil and what is not becomes skewed and there for starts to kill those who really don’t deserve it. Like the quotes I used before said, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely" and "Some of the most horrible actions and inventions were brought about by the best intensions." Also the fact that he can’t see how evil his actions are just shows how far he has fallen.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, i think he did become corrupted, but think about it, lets say that someone tries to do a stunt like this in the real world. kills most criminals police can't even catch (maybe a certain 9/11 terrorist) and makes the crime levels spike down drammatically, as well as strike fear into the people who thought about becoming a criminal themselves. if an opportunity like that arouse where this was possible would you take it, would you rather have things the way they are and just hope people will change out of their own free will?
    every rose has a thorn

Laid Back Otaku Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun may be famous one day Tano-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool Re: do u think that light is "evil"

I don't think he's evil, but his definition of justice is demented and one-sided. He doesn't care about the consequences of killing criminals without trial. It's almost like he's egotistic thinking of himself as a god. Uncle Ben from Spiderman once said, "With great power, comes great responsibility." It's sounds corny, but it's true. If you let having power get the best of you, you will suffer in the end.

Otaku Haruko Haruhara is off to a good start Haruko Haruhara's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that Light is evil, it seems that anime loves to put characters that are evil
    but yet are trying to do good and that have originally good intentions but they lose
    themselves in a battle that seems pointless and endless, but yet still it is the "good
    fight"
    , but Light is still evil.

Otaku Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4 may be famous one day Shadowfantasy4's Avatar
    Thanks

He started out good and in the name of justice but then he went crazy with power and on killing everyone who found out about the death note and became a mad man lol

if he was like a robot it would be a paradox and he would explode

Kira kills criminals which is good
    then kira kills fbi agents and even causes his father to die which is evil
    so then if kira is evil he should write his own name in the note book? lol!

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you guys think it would have been any different to the whole tyrany thing if it had been someone else with the deathbook?

Well i think that perhaps it might have been, but it would have to be someone very good and holy like the pope.
    every rose has a thorn

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Smile Re: do u think that light is "evil"

I agree! Light did kill a lot of people. He used 2 be good by killing the bad people. And, he started killing people he knew. Then, he became a psycho and started killing every one...

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

Newbie Tandakku is off to a good start Tandakku's Avatar
    Thanks

I think evil may be too strong of a word. He did do something that he thought was for the good of the world, and though they were evil things he did at first have good intentions.

Doing bad things for good intentions doesn't negate that he did bad things, however.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast