+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't you think Death Notes a bit emo or dark and creepy I mean cmon

Banned Monkey Jump Champion, Karts Champion, Stagedive Dewy Champion, Harry Potter: The Marauder`s Map Champion, Weasley Breakfast Champion, Grand Slam Shredder Champion, Moon Skate Champion, Field Goal FootBall Champion, DodgeBall Champion, Gasbag Smackdown Champion, Makai Hockey Champion, Monkey Nut Champion, The Ordinary Boys Champion, Traffic Control Champion, Roving Reporter Champion, Prawn Of The Dead Champion, Sky Fire Champion, Musical Lantern Champion, Master Qwan,s Mahjongg Champion, Master Mahjongg Champion, Mahjongg: Alchemy Champion, Flash Tiles Champion, Mahjongg 3D Champion, Mahjongg 2 Champion, Mahjongg Fast Champion, Stupid Space Shooting Race Game Champion The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day The GunGrave of Trigun may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Don't you think Death Notes a bit emo or dark and creepy I mean cmon

Yes it does i think lots of emo people would like it its dark and theres shigami which all look like the devil it is dark so i agree in all ways but i still love it its a great anime as i speak im watching it right now.

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah there would be heaps of emo fans... People might even go a bit emo if there severly into DEATH NOTE

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well I really don't understand what Emo is, but if your saying that it's a bit dark, depressing, morbid ect, how else would you; or even could you; depict the power to kill almost anyone just by writing down their name?

I beleive it's supposed to be on the Dark and Surreal side as it's just not normal to kill a person then throw a party to celebrate 100 death's now is it?

If your referring to the characters then I don't think their Emo, probablly because I don't know what an Emo is? Based on the other posts, only Misa sounds like an Emo due to here clothing. L is weird, that's true, but there is a thin line between being a Genius and Insane and his quirky behavior dosen't scream of a depressed person to me.
    Light on the other hand has ambition and ideals for a new, yet fearful world that comes from an abundance of Charisma and Arogance.

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

I am severy in to death note but i wouldnt consider turning emo? not saying its a bad thing but i just wouldnt do it. I prefer where i am now. but i guess we all have our own opinions.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Death Note is a dark themed story because of its plot and the fact that it’s a psychological thriller. It would actually be creepy in itself if the story didn’t have a dark theme. Considering the plot, you wouldn’t exactly be expecting bright sunny skies with flowers and butterflies with everyone looking on the bright side of things. It just wouldn’t work. Plain and simple

As for it being emo, I have to completely disagree with that statement. Death Note doesn’t have any elements of emo. There are emotional moments but nothing like the stereotypical definition I am guessing you are going by.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurapika View Post
    Yeah there would be heaps of emo fans... People might even go a bit emo if there severly into DEATH NOTE
    I'm sorry.... WHAT???

Did you read what you typed before you posted???

"People might go a bit emo" after watching Death Note?? You're trippin'!! WTF MAKES DEATH NOTE EMO?? Give me one VALID example and I'll take pics of myself eating my desk and cubicle!!!

Saying things like "Watching Death Note would make people go emo," is like saying "If I shake a gay man's hand, I'll become gay myself," or "I'll get AIDS from that guy if I stare at him too long."

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomik_sprout For This Useful Post:

abby724 (Jan 05, 2008)

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Look I will give you that it is a little creepy, but it's supposed to be a bit dark and creepy.

It's not like working with death is a cheerful topic, and yeah the three main characters are each a bit creepy in their own ways. As I agreed before, L's dead looking eyes are rather creepy. However, I would not say the show is emo.

Therefore saying; and what was with that comment anyway; the show is emo, and can make someone emo is ridiculous. Your sort of statement only lends credence to the idiot theory that anime rots society, and effects people in bad ways.

Death Note is a darkly serious anime, and yes a bit creepy, that forces you to think about society in large and small. It makes you look at crime and punishment in a new way, and makes you wonder what you would do, but it doesn't make someone emo.

Newbie lizt is off to a good start lizt's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: Don't you think Death Notes a bit emo or dark and creepy I mean cmon

Don't you think Death Notes a bit emo or dark and creepy I mean cmon. HE writes the names if his enemies in this weird retarted ugly gay strange black ruled Notebook that falls from the sky.And recently I bought an SFX anime mag which had a DVD and in coming releases there was Deathnote and when I saw it there came weird emo music with a guy with a weird fringe screaming OVER THE TOP dont cha think.

So what do u think???
    I agree with you i've only read the first one but i've already
    thought it looked like crap(escuse my language i just got off bed)
    especialy the emage of RYUK I mean come on

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast