+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't you think Death Notes a bit emo or dark and creepy I mean cmon

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Don't you think Death Notes a bit emo or dark and creepy I mean cmon

Actually I don't think it is that emo... I think that it shows a dark true... the natural desire of the human being to have the control of everything... even life and death...
    I mean c'mon... for me it really showed the reality of a man when he discovers he "could" be God... the incontrolable desire of having the power and rule....
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Banned Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip may be famous one day Rave_Grip's Avatar
    Thanks

It's not emo ... sure it's a bit dark but come on, every anime is based on some sort of fantasy. Do you think that characters like Ichigo would be called emo after taking inhumane beatings and get insanely wounded and still standing up?

Emo in my opinion cannot be associated with death note. Goth? Maybe. And that's the annoying part present in every anime I've seen.

Newbie AnimeRikku2664 may be famous one day AnimeRikku2664 may be famous one day AnimeRikku2664's Avatar
    Thanks

Truthfully, you can't say that it's emo. More like power crazed. o_O Anywho, yeah, you have to admit...it is kind of dark, but emo...no...I think no where near. Tryin' to play god, is all...
    "Nearly every memorable event in a person's life involves food. As chefs, we are artists who...appeal to every human sense."

Otaku FuzzyBearofDoom is off to a good start FuzzyBearofDoom's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I will agree that it is dark I mean he is only killing people without any sorrow or remorse. I won't agree with emo thought there is not really a reason that would make it emo or anything like that. Even though it is dark and all it is a good anime/manga and I really like it.

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    I mean c'mon... for me it really showed the reality of a man when he discovers he "could" be God... the incontrolable desire of having the power and rule....

Reminds me the song "Symphony of Destruction" with the verse

Take a Mortal man,
    Put him in control,
    Watch him become a God,
    Watch peoples heads-a-roll.

anyway. To further the point that Death Note isn't Emo and the above isn't spam

Death Note features characters with Charisma, Ambition and Hope. Nothing like the bleak outlook that is apparantly held by Emos (is that the right plural?)

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyBearofDoom View Post
    Well I will agree that it is dark I mean he is only killing people without any sorrow or remorse. I won't agree with emo thought there is not really a reason that would make it emo or anything like that. Even though it is dark and all it is a good anime/manga and I really like it.
    Indeed. It just wouldn't be the same if everyone was happy and cheery all the time.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Otaku sasukesgirl is off to a good start
    Thanks

ok death note falls under that catagory "Dark Anime" in such dark, gothic, themes and creatures to it. Like shinigami, they arn't exactly pretty, are they? o-O In dark anime once i see it i think of Tim Burton and his movies "Corpse Bride" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" because thats "Dark Animation" and it shouldnt be put under the "emo' catagory i mean seriously the characters and themes don't seem depressing at all. But i can say it looks gothic.

Otaku xsasukeuchiha is off to a good start xsasukeuchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that parts of the anime can be kind of gothic but for the most part its not that creepy if u understand whats going on
    I am darkness

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kurapika View Post
    Don't you think Death Notes a bit emo or dark and creepy I mean cmon. HE writes the names if his enemies in this weird retarted ugly gay strange black ruled Notebook that falls from the sky.And recently I bought an SFX anime mag which had a DVD and in coming releases there was Deathnote and when I saw it there came weird emo music with a guy with a weird fringe screaming OVER THE TOP dont cha think.

So what do u think???

dude why do u even put up hater thread on a death note lovers link? i mean comon if your trying to get to people to see your view then it's completely pointless. all these people like death note (myself included) and don't like your insults and accusations of the anime.
    I have watched many animes from the girlies shojo manga to the bloodiest and darkest "emo" ones, and i have to say that death note is one of the best. not by it's darkness but by it's amazing plot twist, its speed inwhich events happen and by character development. it is a really well thoughtout story and weather or not u like u have to give the author props for coming up with situations that seems impossible to get out of and finding a small and foolproof way to resolve it that only a detective would see.
    every rose has a thorn

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast