+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Light or L who's smarter?

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

Light or L who's smarter?

Light or L
    Whos Smarter?
    L : You could see it in the first manga when he televised the conference and
    Then he said it was world wide but then light killed the guy claiming to be
    L. but L actually only televised it in the kanto region of japan and then he Knew that light was in japan.

Light: you could also see this in the first manga when he knew that L was getting people to snoop around and created a decoy diary in his drawer where he usually keeps the death note and then made a extra space for the death note underneath the dairy. In order to do that he went to buy himself wooden board place it underneath the decoy diary to make it look like the bottom but he made a hole underneath the drawer amd stuck a pen up the hole in order to get the wooden board up and there you go there was the note book.

Personally I think Light is smarter what do you think?

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Light or L whos smarter?

First let me start off with a question.....Have you seen the entire series yet, the mangas yet, or the 2 movies yet?

What I'm watching Right Now:

Slippery When Wet~ Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion, Togy Ball Champion highteckdudu is off to a good start highteckdudu's Avatar
    The wonderfull world of Minnesota! And I mean that!
    Thanks

Um... Well that is a tough one! I think Light way pritty smart. but if you saw the one episode close to the beginning where L and light were taking a test in class, L's deductive skills went down by 40% because he had to sit properly, and because of that both L and light had the same score.
    I tryed to see things from your point of view but i cant seem to get my head that far up my ass!
    Visit www.highteckdudu.deviantart.com!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

that's almost not a question, really. If you've far enough into the anime or manga (episode 25 in anime) you'll find out just how much smarter Light is. He is after all the main Character.

If it were anyone else though, L would win hands down. Light is a college student and L is the Greatest Detective in the world. Not really comparable by a human standard.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie Navy Cherub is off to a good start Navy Cherub's Avatar
    Thanks

Regardless of how the manga and anime end up happening...and don't read this if you haven't gotten up to at least episode 25...as in NOT where [adult swim] is currently. It would be good if you've seen the movies, as well.

I think L is smarter. Light really had more advantages, simply because he held all the cards (knowing what Shinigami are, all the rules, no restrictions, etc.) while L had no choice but to follow Light, really. L even backed Light into a corner and forced him to forget everything he knew. Light couldn't beat L without help from a Shinigami. Could L have gotten help from a Shinigami? No. L was also restricted in a big way, because he had plenty of ideas to force Light to lose, such as testing the rules that Ryuk made up. In the movie he was able to do this, and guess what? He won. He couldn't have won in the manga because the taskforce was so closed-minded.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Navy Cherub For This Useful Post:

animangagrl2772 (Dec 08, 2009), Detective Ryuzaki (Feb 10, 2011)

Otaku kurapika is off to a good start kurapika's Avatar
    Thanks

It was just a question yeah maybe I just started and only seen 10 or so episodes I was taking example from the first manga

great sig by Lasura thanks heaps

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

well after
     click to show spoiler

But after watching the final episode
     click to show spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by Navy Cherub View Post

I think L is smarter. Light really had more advantages, simply because he held all the cards (knowing what Shinigami are, all the rules, no restrictions, etc.) while L had no choice but to follow Light, really. L even backed Light into a corner and forced him to forget everything he knew. Light couldn't beat L without help from a Shinigami. Could L have gotten help from a Shinigami? No. L was also restricted in a big way, because he had plenty of ideas to force Light to lose, such as testing the rules that Ryuk made up. In the movie he was able to do this, and guess what? He won. He couldn't have won in the manga because the taskforce was so closed-minded.
    I agree somewhat, it seemed from the start, that Light always had a bit of an advantage.

But still.. I don't think one is smarter than the other. In the middle when you see L's faults and even at the end when we see all of Lights fault, I get the impression that they were equal when it came to how smart they are - wasn't that what made the whole story interesting in the first place?

Otaku Bowling Champion Tifa Lockhart is off to a good start
    Thanks

For me, I watched the whole anime.
    Judging from what I've seen, both Light and L are indeed intelligent.
    Hard to say which one is smarter since both of them have different kinds of intelligence.
    However, when I got to episode 25 in the anime, things changed a bit and I started to think differently.
    After episode 25, I thought Light Yagami was smarter than L.
    However, on the last episode, I've changed my mind once again. Light didn't seem THAT smart after all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast