+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Light or L who's smarter?

Newbie KittyMarks is off to a good start KittyMarks's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Light or L who's smarter?

I think Light is probably smarter .(Ep.25 kinda proves it)

I know that Light had an awful lot of advantages (EG: Knowing all about Shinigami, being able to kill people in a way that should be impossible, Knowing who was working on the case, having access to police files...) and so he might not have been smarter than L. Another point for L was that he knew that Light was Kira, he suspected him the minute he saw him on the surveillence tapes. Why? From the way the guy ate potato chips? From the way he answered his math questions? L must have seen something that no one else could.

But L also had his own little quirks, for example (as cute as his knee-crouch thing is) if he doesn't sit in a certain way his deductive skills go down by 40%. Thats quite a lot because of the way one sits in a chair. Also he needs alot of sweets and sugary things to keep going while Light seems to keep up while acting, eating, seeming normal.

While L's odditys are interesting, it's kind of obvious that he's not a normal person, he does not have to act or decieve people to get by but Light does, he has to project a perfect facade or else everything would fall apart.

So not only does he have to act his cute little but off 24/7 but then he has to out-manuever the worlds greatest detective. Think of it as Honour student by day and mass murdering egomaniac by night (Except Light always trys to get a good night sleep so he usually kills people while doing his homework or something)

Because of all this I think they're almost equal but Light wins out in the end.

x
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Otaku superstar9156 is off to a good start superstar9156's Avatar
    Thanks

I personally think they both r smart. But L is very clever and thinks thing out a little more then Light.

A Soul Needs a Purpose to Live.- Gaara

Newbie deiuchi is off to a good start deiuchi's Avatar
    Thanks

well they are both smart. L is like a super investigater(sp) but light is a big time killer who is kept hiden. so i would say bouth are = smart.
    u never know what you have untill its gone, long gone.

Newbie AlexKeller is off to a good start AlexKeller's Avatar
    Thanks

They're both equally smart, Light just 'won' by mere chance.
    Music: www.soundclick.com/alexkkkeller

Newbie Tamahome is off to a good start Tamahome's Avatar
    Thanks

I honestly have to say that L is smarter. Light screwed himself from the very beginning by announcing himself to the world and giving himself a name to the public. He could have gone on killing criminals without doing that and avoided being investigated. At most, people would think that they were being possessed or killed by some kind of vigilante spirit.

Also, he was doing just fine until he brought Mikami along. Getting some fanboy involved who isn't remotely as intelligent as him was not a great idea. What really hammered the nail in though was after Light confidently said "I win!" after Mikami wrote all their names down. Didn't even wait until they died. If he hadn't done that, he probably could have avoided being caught somehow.

They are both pretty darn brilliant but Light wasn't nearly as careful so I gotta hand it to L.

Newbie KittyMarks is off to a good start KittyMarks's Avatar
    Thanks

Warning Spoliers.

Light didn't announce to the world that he was Kira.
    The world made the name for him, he specifically said that he didn't like the name Kira because it was obviously derived from the word 'Killer'.

And Light would still have been investigated because he was Soichiro Yagamis son and Soichiro was heading the Kira Investigation Team and because L knew that someone who was either in the police or related to them was getting information and could be Kira. The head of the NPAs family were also investigated if your remember.

Also he had to involve Mikami because Misa had lost her memories and could no longer function as Kira. Mikami was incredibly smart and able to mke acurate decisions on his own and even though he was no-where near Lights level of intelligence I think it's a bit unfair to call him a fanboy. The only time he ever met Light was at Yellowbox and the reason he followed Kir awas because of his unwavering pursuit of Justice.

Plus, to be fair Light was very confident that he had won, it may have been a bit cocky of him but he had correctly predicted that Near would swap the pages and thought that he had out-guessed him and that none of them would live long enough to do anything about the fact that he practicaly confessed to being Kira.

I fully agree with Matsudas theories at the end of the series and I think that the only reason he lost was because Mikami was controlled by the Death Note.

x
    If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?

Newbie Cassie Kurosaki is off to a good start Cassie Kurosaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Nahh I think L is smarter, Light just killed him thanks to the shimigami. But if L had one too, he would have won, because really he found out a lot without one.

Otaku mezzo1991 is off to a good start mezzo1991's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Light is barely smarter then L. they both are very intellegent though. i just think Light has a "bigger picture" outlook.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    GamerTag: AW joe7x
    Myspace: www.myspace.com/mezzo1991

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast