+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Whos better Ryuzaki(L) or Near(N)?

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whos better Ryuzaki(L) or Near(N)?

What if I think they're both equally good?
    If only L hadn't died that day, he probably would have solved the case in the very next hour. N took a bit of time to get it done, but when you think about his age....... well. He's just as amazing as L is, if not better.

Newbie Ninja_Amaya is off to a good start Ninja_Amaya's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Whos better Riyazaki or Near

Quote Originally Posted by The GunGrave of Trigun View Post
    Will of course L was the best but out of those 2 because he was smarter and worked on his own near was smart but not as smart but he knew how to get out of a sticky postion like the money trick smart right and he didnt die in the end but he was not as smart.
    I agree. I do believe that L is evidently the smarter one. I still like N though and he is smart it's just I still believe that L had all around skills, he was more then just smart.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by maher23 View Post
    i think N is much better than L cause N is like a master of L and L is his apprentice.
    N maybe young but much smarter than L cause he solved the case with style and quick.
    i'm sorry but L is the master, N is his successor. And L had the case "solved" he just didn't get the chance to prove it because he would never expect a Shinigami to suicide to protect kira.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I love Near, but in the end imo L was smarter.

Remember how if it wasn't for Mello the case would not have been solved? So really it was Near and Mello that solved the case and together they were the successors to L. Plus the fact that L did all the hard yards at the start of the case, all Near had to do was go over it all again and add in all the new puzzle pieces in.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Mmmmm. That's like saying that Near would never have solved it if L hadn't kicked off the investigation in the first place. I do think that regardless of
    who started first, it was necessary for someone to die for the investigation to take the turn it did... because none of them would have otherwise expected
    Rem to interfere all of a sudden. And because L headed the whole thing first, he (naturally) had to go first. Anddd... knowing that there was now that
    possibility of the incident repeating, Near and Mello subsequently had to work around that. *shrugs* That's why I say they're all equally good. Plus L's
    been in the business for a long time. Near and Mello were just sitting around in the orphanage studying his cases all the while (if I'm not mistaken).

Otaku Shingo Kusanagi is off to a good start
    Thanks

The fact that in the anime is specified that it would take both Near and Mello put together to match Ryuzaki's intelligence does suggest that Ryuzaki is indeed smarter that Near.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel View Post
    Mmmmm. That's like saying that Near would never have solved it if L hadn't kicked off the investigation in the first place. I do think that regardless of
    who started first, it was necessary for someone to die for the investigation to take the turn it did... because none of them would have otherwise expected
    Rem to interfere all of a sudden. And because L headed the whole thing first, he (naturally) had to go first. Anddd... knowing that there was now that
    possibility of the incident repeating, Near and Mello subsequently had to work around that. *shrugs* That's why I say they're all equally good. Plus L's
    been in the business for a long time. Near and Mello were just sitting around in the orphanage studying his cases all the while (if I'm not mistaken).
    True, true. Your right it didn't really matter who kicked off the investigation - but It would have been curious to know how it would have been if Near did head it off. Meaning the 'friendship' that L had with Light and the way it affected (might have?) affected the case.

I guess what I was getting at as a whole, was that L basically did it on this own (though, I haven't watched the series in a while ^_^; ). In the end Near needed Mello to help solve the case. Though, as shingo has stated, it really doesn't imply that either is smarter...'smart' was probably the wrong word to use on my behalf.
    Last edited by _gwenibe_; Jul 06, 2008 at 02:11 AM.

Newbie Grominator is off to a good start Grominator's Avatar
    Thanks

Individually, L is better than Near. Near needed Mello's help to catch Kira. L solved more than 3500 cases in his life. I think those numbers speak better than the results of one case.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast