+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Death Note

Otaku AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek may be famous one day AnimeGeek's Avatar
    Thanks

End of Death Note

Hello all AO members,

i was curious to know what you all thought about the DeathNote ending. Were you ok with Light dying? Did you want Light to live? Did you want to see his world develope? Did you believe in what Light believed in? Did you want L to live? Did you want both to live? I personally wanted Llight to survive, and see his world develope in the manga. But that didn't happen oh well, so what is your opinion on this?

~AnimeGeek

Newbie w1nd1n6s is off to a good start w1nd1n6s's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: End of Death Note

me too...i'm not convinced!!! its beacause of yamada shooting him...Darn!!!!! i'll continue to be kira if i can!!! joke *laughs*

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

From the very first volume you know that the chances of Light surviving are slim.
    Either he would lose the power in the end or he would die.

Newbie kamikazekrn may be famous one day kamikazekrn may be famous one day kamikazekrn's Avatar
    Thanks

he didnt even get the shinigami eyes either, sadface

I wanted Light to survive, but deep down i knew he had to die for the story to conclude
    "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy,...it has no survival value, rather is one of those things that gives value to survival."
    C.S. Lewis

Newbie w1nd1n6s is off to a good start w1nd1n6s's Avatar
    Thanks

Imagine if Light Traded With ryuk's Shinigamis eye's he would be killed/Dead Early

Newbie bpoponmyheart is off to a good start bpoponmyheart's Avatar
    Thanks

I liked Light at the beg. of the series just because he had to be really clever to outmanuever all of those people. I also found it interesting how he actually carried out his ideals of a perfect world.

However, I didn't think I would like L. At first, I was like "hey don't stop Light, he's not that bad a kid!" but as the series progressed L became my favorite character. After he died in episode 21, I still thought the show was good but that without L it wasn't as great. I'm still crying over it.

By the end of the show, I just wanted Light dead and knew he would. Like Ryuuk says in episodes 1 and 37, he was the one who would write Light's name in his death note and thereby ending his life. So, basically you know Light is probably going to have an untimely death. I thought at first that it was going to be this huge showdown between Light and L. I really liked Near and all but I wish that L would've just come back to life or had faked his death. I'm just so sad about it.

But in any case the last few minutes of the show I thought the artwork was just so beautiful in depicting Light's last moments. There's this wonderful, warm sunset just as Light's world is crashing down and you see Ryuuk at Twilight to guide him into death. Just good timing, excellent animation, and deep storyline.

In all I loved the show!

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I really didn't overly like Light, so In a sense I'm glad he died. But the anime just made it so dramatic and saddening that I just had to feel sympathy for him. And Mikami. Suicide by Pen = Self Pwnage

I never wanted L to die, even though it was most likely inevitable to the story line. It would have been better if he had done something like in DN: The Last Name where he self-sacrifices himself.

Since I'm such a fan of L, I really, really disliked Near. I really don't think he compares to L, and he won only because of Mello and Stephen Loud. L was just...amazing.

Ryuuk writing the name was already mentioned, so I expected that. No biggie.

I'm only questioned as what happened to Misa. In the manga, she commits suicide. I wonder if she was going to jump off that building she was on...? Who knows.

All in all, great ending. Loved the series. Very deep and moving.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

To last as long as he did, Light was very good. He could have actually made it. I think he got too confident and started to think he was invincible. At the very end he started to slack off instead of double checking and triple checking he thought he knew his plan was perfect. At the end when he was out of moves he went crazy. So confident Near would die he said it out loud. He confessed to his own crimes.

At the end I loved the entire series from beginning to end. Also the fact that Yamada killed him completely threw me off. I never thought he would be the one to do it. And Mikami was insane. To "love" Kira so much that he would kill himself with a pen just so he could escape. Its insanity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast