+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What do you think happened after the reign of Kira

Newbie Ashes is off to a good start Ashes's Avatar
    Thanks

What do you think happened after the reign of Kira

Sure while Kira was around crimes started to get scarce and people started to worship this new God, but what do you think happened after Kira's death. There's lots of conclusions you could think up. Would crimes start up again or would criminals be afraid for a second coming of Kira? And do you think all the Kira followers would honestly believe that some kid who plays with toys killed their 'God?' Would his followers continue to pass judgement, would they return to their every day lives, would they try to take Near out? Also, what do you think happedned to Near? Is he famous and beloved, hated and targeted, or not even known? This thread thingy has been created by me to see your conclusions for Death Note, how you think Kira's reign affected the future and such!

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: What do you think happened after the reign of Kira

Believing as I do that the human state of mind is set with the patterns of society that have been embedded since it's very foundation, I think that people would return to their ways and the world will be a crime ridden place once more.

Ruling in fear as he did would only scare people, not truly have them reform. Unlike an actual godlike figure, Kira could only see people's outside motivations, not if they were a sociopath or a so called labeled 'bad person'. Meaning the world isn't cleansed of evil, but of criminals.

Newbie Light Mario is off to a good start
    Thanks

It's human's history for most tyrants and dictators to eventually fail...Ghandi said something along those lines.

Kira died?..."Kira who?" People returned to mind their own lives.

Though, I will have to say I guess crime spiked up a bit, maybe a bit too much, as if a rebound effect

click to show spoiler

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

I think Near would go underground real fast... After all, he has control over one of the ultimate remote assassination devices, something that the powers that be would dearly like to get there hands on... The 'retirement' of Kira would be faked to hide from the public that no government has control over the missing 'Death Note'...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Moving to spoilers...

Otaku Tula is off to a good start Tula's Avatar
    Thanks

I am almost certain that a second, much more knowledgeable, even more arrogant, very stylish, and sadistic Kira would emerge.
    Ordinarily I'd say Misa would never be able to do it. But the series ended with a few questions that leaves food for thought and I'm outta beer, so anything is possible. Most likely if Misa did resume the role of Kira it would be because Light died or it could be because the idea of Kira, someone to save the innocent/punish the wicked really appealed to her and so she smartened up. The odds of her coming across another Death Note though . . . .

I also imagine Near would go underground, do his puzzles, and come out once the world needed him again. He'll probably cross paths again with Mello though and need his help to find the culprit but somehow Near would get the deed done.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Honestly, don't have many good ideas on this.
    Based on what I read in How to Read 13, along with my own insights, I'd have to say that everything would go back to a normal lifestyle...possible less crime only due to lingering fear...however I would like to note that...
     click to show spoiler

Perhaps a bunch of Kira impersonators...I really don't know.
    I also read somewhere that...
     click to show spoiler

However, this is solely an opinion question I guess.
    So...normality. Humans live normally and criminals have a lingering fear.........
    I feel boring now.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie AnimeAddict is off to a good start AnimeAddict's Avatar
    Thanks

I think the crime rate started to rise again after Kira had gone, Near would have probably solved more crimes, Misa killed herself ( I think) and knowing Ryuk... he would hav probably stole another Deathnote because Near might of kept his other one and then Ryuk would drop it again because hes so clumsy and it would probably start again only near would know what was happening.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast