Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VIII RPG thread (PM to Join)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Final Fantasy VIII RPG thread (PM to Join)

Welcome to AO’s Final Fantasy VIII RPG thread!

Current Approved Cast Members:
    Quistis Trepe - Played by Chiefblackhammer
    Zell Dincht – Played by Violent
    Logan Fennel – Played by Pyramus
    Lucas Adel – Played by baikuza
    Iseldis Tvilling - Played by Arrianna
    President Laguna Loire – Played by Soldat of life
    Miguel Raviede - Played By strikerX

Please refer to the OOC thread (Link Below) for information on this thread (Rules, Guidelines, How to join, etc…) and character profiles for the current cast of characters!

http://www.animeonline.net/ooc-chat/...tml#post406805

Synopsis:
    Based off of the Final Fantasy VIII game, events that take place 7 years after the end of the game.

Story Line:
    It has been 7 years since the defeat of Ultimecia and the salvation of the world was wrought…so much has changed yet…still so much is the same. Headmaster Cid resigned from Balamb Garden soon after Edea was freed of her sorceress possession and they continue to live operating their orphanage on Centra. Naturally Squall was nominated to take over as Headmaster...and he did just that…but he was never one to just sit behind a desk…

So one day during a mission in Trabia, there was an accident and Rinoa got hurt…so much in fact she almost died…she recovered but didn’t come out of the comma for the longest time…yet Squall never left her side and never said a word…we all knew he blamed himself and no matter how hard we tried…we could never make him understand it was just an accident…he would just look at us with that blank stare of his and we knew…he couldn't change how he felt...

So the Garden could still operate even though Squall and Rinoa were out of commission, Quistis took over as active Headmaster of the Garden. Irvine even joined the team as a SeeD officer to help out. But then one day…he just left…Squall just got up and left...and Rinoa wasn’t even out of her comma yet. No one knew where he had went or why he left, some said it was because he felt he couldn’t protect the ones he loved and it just got to be too much for him…he just couldn’t face her anymore…

We all knew how much he loved her but it was so sad…all the time he was by her side and yet he wasn’t there to see her wake up. She doesn’t fault him, never has…so much so that when someone slips up and says something about him when she is around…she will just clinch on to the ring of his around her neck and give us the biggest smile…it was like she knows he will come back to us one day…but still...he hasn’t come back…net yet.

Things were slow for SeeD with the war no longer happening and there wasn’t much need for mercenaries…so much so that we thought the Garden would have to be shut down…that also meant we could afford to spend resources looking for Squall…Rinoa never complained though…and like I said the more things changed the more they stayed the same. Esthar re-launched their lunar base program only months after Adel and Ultimecia were defeated. But with the world's knowledge of their existence and how much more advanced they were then all the rest…fear and jealous raised their evil heads.

The funny thing was Esthar never tried to keep the rest of the world in the dark after the lunar base accident, they even worked with the other governments to build their societies but that didn’t stop the evil ambitions of some. Galbadian sent spies in to try and steal the secrets of Esthar…they succeeded for awhile but when the spies were caught the bad blood flowed. Now with tensions high between the two countries war appears inevitable and with war comes high demand for mercenaries. So business has picked up around here and there is even a whole new group of SeeD Candidates that just came in today…it will be interesting to see what all unfolds….
    You may start posting now!
    Last edited by Chiefblackhammer; Jan 20, 2007 at 03:03 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Final Fantasy VIII RPG thread (PM to Join)

Iseldis made her way through the crowded market in the west end of Rowle. Her dark green eyes showed her concentration as she did her best to slip through the mass without tripping over anyone. It usually wasn’t this crowded but with the Dollet soldiers back in town trade was up as usual.

“All the way up until the fighting starts anyway”, Iseldis thought.

That was the thing about Galbadia. When they decided to go to war they tended to walk all over anyone else whether they were in the way or not. This time it seemed that Dollet was ready for them however, or at least thought it was. Their military had tripled in size in the last 7 years and the officers Iseldis saw seemed to be on holiday rather then on forward post duty.

“Not that it’s to surprising considering all the mercenaries they’ve hired as well,” Iseldis thought as she dodged two mercenaries in SeeD uniforms. “They probably think it’s going to be a walk in the park. I just hope someone has thought to restock the mountain stronghold for the civilians. We’re going to need it before this is over.”

Through the crowd Iseldis finally spotted her goal. Darting past a few lovebirds she pulled up in front of the fruit stand.

“A basket of apples please.”

Iseldis tucked a strand of her dark auburn hair behind her ear and began pulling things out of the pockets of her black leather waist jacket. A spool of twine, two paint brushes, keys, a pocket knife, a pocket watch, a small bottle of turpentine... Iseldis paused. “There it is, my change purse.” Iseldis looked up to see if the merchant had her apples ready while stuffing the other items back in the various pockets they had come from.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Nov 01, 2006 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Evading a war...

OOC: Sorry for the lengthy post...should be my only one. In short, Laguna is calling upon SeeD to fix his Nation's matters to try and evade the possibility of war with the Galbadians. The rest is his description and in depth a tad more of the situation and presentations. I could have written much much more, but I think I wrote too much already so that's that.

IC:

Laguna looked at what lay before him and interiorly, he was liking what he was seeing. He remained serious and did not run behind his advisors as he would have a few years ago. Having the responsibility of leading a whole nation had forced him to mature and not fall back on others to face situations like these. His stature did not shake or look down in despair. He looked high up from his throne and looked upon his people. They were all cheering and calling out to him.

"Laguna, Laguna, Laguna!!!" They screamed on. Yet something felt strange. As their screams became more persistent, they all became one voice. Laguna started to falter in his grandeur and shrank back somewhat from his dignified position. The screams changed to insistence and suddenly he saw light, a bright light being partly obstructed by a familiar face. "Kiros?" He asked with a dry voice. "They are calling, President Loire, you should hurry and get dressed as we have a meeting in ten minutes. I hope you have not forgotten." His advisor and good friend replied with a calm voice.

Finally awake and somewhat startled, Laguna looked around and his messy hair came into view. Their dark color was mixed in with silvery strands of hair that gave away his not so young age. His facial traits none the less showed vigorousness that time had not taken from him just yet. "Oh no, oh no, why can't this have come later and not so early in the morning." He spoke with stress leaking out of his voice. "I know I know, we can't wait as it would bring this situation in a not so good position and I have to be present to make certain that all goes well and that I have a word in it." He repeated to himself as he always did and Kiros simply smiled at that. There was not one moment that Kiros would wish his friend to ever change, as there was freedom and hope wherever his leader would take him. The man often fumbled on his words and took strange actions surprising many with them, but always did they offer hidden wisdom somehow.

Finally dressed and his hair that would be presentable enough for any other day, Laguna made his way to the reunion with barely a minute late this time. The others already seated rose and offered him his respects for his position and seated once more as their president seated accordingly. The one in charge of the nation's security took the first comment. "If I may president, I would like to bring the current events at their necessary urgency. We need to act with harsher means to deter these improper invasions from the Galbadians. We need to act quick and act now. I suggest that you bring immediately..." The man went to say with great determination and a rising voice, but was stopped short by the Secretary Advisor Kiros Seagill. "I think general that we should first stop the breaches before acting out too rationally. If we act to irrationally now, there would be an opening to war that may come from our "harshness" as you seem to wish to bring upon those intruders." He remarked with a good look at the general and used brought up his experienced stare to the many battles he had fought on the battlefield and demonstrated wisdom in face of conflicts.

The ball was simply thrown from minister to minister afterwards and the reunion finally fell upon an accord. Even if Esthar was capable of defending themselves, war always brought destruction beyond what any would desire. To prevent the idea of war from slipping from any lips ally or foe, they would call upon the aid of a camp uninvolved to these matters. Stopping any more information from leaking was of the up most importance, and dealing with such a delicate situation demanded experienced and talented people of the finest kind. With that in mind, one word was spoken at the table that held a certain respect to all that were seated. They all knew that in the past this word had represented the last thing that was dear to all, life itself. This word was: SeeD.

Laguna would enter directly in contact with Quistis as she was the current headmaster and discuss of matters with her to see if things could be let in her good hands. His usual shyness towards the ladies had none the less remained so he brought along his trusty advisors to explain if ever his words wouldn't come out. He adjourned the meeting and after a very hasty breakfast, called upon the one that may be able to stop the bloodshed to come upon his people to at least a certain extent if things were to fair badly. A formal message was sent to ask of the Headmaster of SeeD at once, waiting for an answer, Laguna nearly tripped on a cord laying on the floor and hoped no one had noticed.
    Last edited by Soldat of life; Nov 01, 2006 at 06:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Zell is walking out of a pub in outskirts of Rowle while he had tried to forget some of the issues that had been flying around in his head. Irvine joins him with and walks down the street passing many people.

" Its been so long... * sigh * "

Zell throws some random punches through the air trying to impress some of the ladies near by, he smiles and starts walking again. When walking Zell notices a young girl with green eyes walk by, " I know Irvine is gonna be thinking about her "

Quistis walks out of a near by store and tells us that the group is leaving Rowle today. " What a bad day to leave... I was just starting to like Rowle "

" I wonder why we are leaving "

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

A Chance Meeting

Iseldis finished paying for her basket of apples and with a quick smile to the merchant picked up the basket and began making her way back.

"A quick stop at the shelter to drop off half the apples then home," Iseldis thought.

She smiled while considering her next painting. A lighthouse of course, they were very popular these days. This time in soft pinks and blues for the sunset. It would make a nice change from the dramatic yellows and reds everyone else seemed to prefer. Deep in thought Iseldis didn't even notice the broad back of the Dollet soldier until she had run right into it. The apples from her basket flew in all directions rolling underfoot.

"Here now," the soldier growled. "Why dont'cha watch where you're a goin'?"

"Sorry." Iseldis dropped to her knees trying desperately to gather up the apples before they were trampled beyond edibility. Perhaps distracted by the disturbance the crowd parted around her. Picking up the last apple she could find Iseldis placed it in the basket and looked up. Her breath seemed to freeze in her lungs as through the open crowd she saw a face straight from her worst nightmares. Only now it was daylight and she wasn't dreaming. Unbidden a name rose to her lips as she spoke.

"Zell Dincht."

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Suddenly, a power surge occurred and electrical material blew all around Laguna. Even his microphone seemed to react to the event and sent sparks in his direction. He backed up as fast as he could and his feet got stuck in all the cords that lay on the ground.

"What in the name of R...* He started to say just before tripping on the cords, falling on his back and feeling something crack. Though he could still get up on his own, Laguna refused the help of those around him. He may be getting old, but he wasn't to let everyone help him as if he were an old fart he thought.

"What is going on?" He asked to anyone that was nearby. He looked around and saw that almost everything had gone haywire in the surroundings. He thought to himself this might be an act of terrorism or even worst, an infiltration of some sort from the enemy. "Guards, get my gun and the other members here and have my informants have a full survey of the situation. And send someone to see if Ellone is okay." He said as well as he could. He'd have a long discussion with his ministers if he were to quiet this event if nothing came up to get them. As usual, the guards went to get the other ministers, but omitted to get a weapon for the president as it usually worsened the situation to have a president out in the streets or in a meeting with his favourite means of defence.
    Last edited by Soldat of life; Nov 05, 2006 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Zell had been happily walking down the street and stopped to take a photo for a lady who he had been trying to impress. Suddenly he had feel a thump on his back.

" Here now " Zell said stubbornly " Why don't cha watch where you're goin'? "

He had said it too fast to even see who had bumped into him, watching her pick up her apples she looked up and said " Zell Dincht "

Zell looked around not knowing she had said it, " How do you know me? Do I know you from somewhere? "

Zell taps his foot on the ground trying to remember but can't seem to remember the green eyed woman right before him.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Thanks

Iseldis gathered the basket of apples to her chest and, standing up, slowly backed away. Darting her eyes about she looked around for an opening in the crowd and saw them as well. The others, a tall cowboy with a rifle and the slender lady with a whip.

"Irvine, Quistis..." She spoke barely above a whisper. Her heart beat loudly in her ears as she tried to breath through the weight on her chest. "No! Not now!"

Iseldis made a break for it darting between two Rowle merchants and ran as if Hyne's hounds themselves were on her heels.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast