+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: The Infestation

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Infestation

“Thank you,” said Alberio; he awkwardly did his best to avoid the pair’s gaze. He was about to turn around and lead them to the next, and safer, building when Diego’s yell reached his ears. His ears stood at end when he heard the yell and pointed straight up, Alberio’s eyes glinted and forcibly looked in the direction of the soldiers. Suddenly another sound rent the air, a high pitched scream much closer than Diego. Alberio instantly recognized it to be Momo’s voice, he swiftly turned on the spot and sought her out. His eyes widened at what he saw.

Momo rushed in front of the brute, drawing a gun in the process. She stood between the brute and the citizens and stared it down, despite her inability to draw her gun up and launch a bullet in the infected’s face. A second slowly dragged by when Alberio finally decided that Momo was unable to shoot the Brute. Taking it as his own now, he deftly threw his huge sword without another second’s passing, without really knowing what he was doing. The act was so unconscious that by the time that sword was well out of his grip Alberio questioned his intentions and mostly why would he deprive himself of a weapon for one person?

The truth struck him like a poisoned tipped sword through his chest.

It was him who had singled her out earlier, telling her that he would do anything to get her out safely. A promise, Alberio thought and shook his head. If that was all it took, he made the same promise to everyone just now, there had to be something else, something more to it. Suddenly, as the sword impaled the Brute and sent him flying and crashing into the wall, Alberio remembered single line.

Sicarius, what’s it like… to turn into that?”

Alberio was certain he had heard her say that earlier. Her curiosity of him despite how she felt toward much of his father’s race. Her interest of his heresy piqued his own interest. A sliver thought crystallized in his brain and formed into a single, demonic thought.

Alberio went to fetch his sword, passing by the new girl and wolverine pup in the process, telling them to wait until he retrieved his sword. As he approached Momo, she spoke to her quietly until only she could hear. “If you are still curious about my life, I’ll tell you what’s it’s like, living as a heretic.” Alberio bent down by the wall and took the sword out of the Brute, shaking it clean of any infected blood.

“Alright everyone, change of plans!” he called out, turning to face the entire group. “Momo here—” he showed who she was with a hand “—will take you to the building across the street and up the stairs to your helicopters. She has a gun, not very powerful but will get the job done. It is also a quick to draw and fire type with much accuracy, depending on her reloading speed and her aiming accuracy, you guys will be safe from nearly everything. I will follow the group from the back and dispatch any creatures that will attack from the rear.”

Alberio pulled Momo to the side and spoke to her in a rushed, panic-like manner. “I heard from the soldiers’ shouting that flying creatures have shown up and are now attacking. That is why I’m placing you in charge of leading the group, you have the best chance of getting them to safety with your weapon,” he said, then, thinking about it for a second, he spoke again. “Unless you want me to take your gun and shoot them instead with you carrying my big-assed sword.”

Visit my blog: Rewriting Life

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Had he just....saved her? She was alive. Thanks to Sicarius. He then told her in a hushed voice that he would tell her about his life. He then placed her in charge of getting those people to the other building. Making a little joke in the process about her shooting.
    "I'll do it." She had her gun out. She would show what these past 6 years of training have done with her. "Follow me!" She yelled at the people. Momo went out of the building with civilians following her.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Diego heard helicopters from a distance, "eagle 1 come on over", he waited for a response and looks down the streets and see's the group of civilians are moving and Alberio following behind them, he couldn't wait any longer and started to follow the group from behind slowly "all units pull back slow and keep firing!" he ordered and the soldiers did what they were told to do.

Diego kept firing as the Terines as well, he looked up and see's at least 4 helicopters flying towards the building, "this is eagle to ground team whats your six? over" "a group of civilians heading to the main exit leading by a half breed over", "roger that" Diego looked at Alberio "ALBERIO!! HERE!!!" he yelled out and tossed him a smoke grenade "eagle 1, civilians are marked with orange smoke over". and looked at Alberio, and back at the Terines as they started to run at his men.

Ever So Awesome Kaboom Champion, Archery Champion, Crazy Pool 2 Champion, Ninja-Boy Champion, Bubble Shooter Champion zyta may be famous one day zyta may be famous one day zyta's Avatar
    Thanks

Alberio’s sharp ears heard Diego over the commotion the escape was creating. He instantly turned his head and tried to spy the man among the pandemonium and, finally spotting him behind, noticed that he threw a spray bottle of some kind. Upon catching it Alberio realized that his first impressions of the can were mistaken and that it was in fact a smoke container: Pale orange, a disgusting color.

“Wha?” spoke Alberio before the answer struck him, it was an obvious answer too and it made him feel stupid for not getting it immediately. “Right, thanks!” he called back to Diego and continued following the group as he uncorked the container and let loose the orange smoke. At first Alberio thought he was going to die from the smoke, his sense of smell hit the smoke full force and the incoming scent cursed his brain until he began to feel dizzy. The problem was quickly cleared up with an arm of his forced underneath his nose with heavy amounts of cloth to stifle the scent. Only now if he could fix his sight…

“Oi! Momo” Alberio shouted, he heard gunfire from in front and in back of him. To the sides he heard the falling of many creatures, probably infected and some soldiers. A runner broke ranks and dashed for the side of the troupe and was dealt with easily. The poor thing never noticed Alberio coming from its side for an attack. “We there yet?” Due to the smoke covering much of the sky directly over Alberio, he couldn’t quite see the building where the choppers were located.

Hell Enforcer George Wants Beer Champion, Monkey Cliff Diving Champion, Tilt 2 Champion hellknight may be famous one day hellknight may be famous one day hellknight's Avatar
    Thanks

Cyberia entered the city with his bodyguard, a Terine, who has been following for some quite time, he looks around and see's his runners and brutes were running into the city, he could hear gunfire and screams. "what is going on?" he asked in a low deep voice, the Terine only responds back with growls and roars "humans?" he was surpised to hear that and continued walking in the city, he could feel the Draks were making tunnels underground.

When Cyberia came around the corner, he finds a woman is leading a group of humans, "it seems you took a wrong turn" he said and quickly grabs the woman by her neck and he takes a deep breath "wait" and takes another deep breath "that scent, I know that scent" and lets her go, "it can't be-" he walks back and looks at his bodyguard, "kill her" and watches.

Randomly Renny!!! XD Boiler Breakdown Champion, Lotads Lament Champion, Crystal Island Champion, Festive Fallout Champion Renn may be famous one day Renn's Avatar
    Thanks

Momo looked at the...thing that had grabed her. Momo thought she had knew him from somewhere. Then it all came flashing back. The memories of that night. Her family dieing.
    As the monster threw her down and told the others to kill her, she got up quickly and did a backflip. She pointed her gun at the things that were about to kill her and shot them in the head. "YOU KILLED THEM! YOU KILLED MY FAMILY! YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!"
    Momo yelled at...the thing she thought was a human,but it was no longer human. All this time she had thought it was one of those other monsters, something like Sicarius. She was going to take it down, even if it meant she was going down with it. She pointed her gun at the mutated human,with tears slowly gliding off her face. She waited for the human to make its move.

'This world is trash. Cursed by the Fon Master...'

Thanks

Cyberia gave out a roar and ran straight at the girl grabbing her by the throat once more and this time he jumped on her making sure she won't escape, "child of my enemy why do you live?" he asked while choking her. before she almost gave out of breath he raised his hand with his razor sharp nails and was about to strike her down.

Before he could he looked up and see a half breed in the black carrying a orange smoke can. "half breed" he said quietly to himself, he looked at the group of humans who ran to the sides of each building, scared and terrified. Cyberia got up still holding on to the womans neck and tossed her aside and looked at the half breed "come half-breed" and waited there.

Thanks

Alberio watched the skirmish with his small-slit eyes, while directing the group of innocent civilians away from the action and to safety. He chose to stay behind as they entered the building and would soon reach the safety of the helicopters; staying behind might also mean that his ride would leave when he got there. It was a sacrifice he gladly had done, and would do so again in the future.

"YOU KILLED THEM! YOU KILLED MY FAMILY! YOU ARE GOING TO DIE!" yelled Momo, Alberio was sure that if she continued yelling like that then she would scream herself hoarse, and probably further than that. She raised her gun level with one of the bodyguards.

Don’t shoot! Alberio thought and flinched when he heard the backfire resounding through his eardrums far louder than normal. The creature fell over dead, Alberio was shaking deep inside with thoughts racing through his head uncontrollably. I can take care of those for you… Another two shots fired off, Alberio flinching both times and forced himself to watch the scene still. I promised to get you out of here alive. Another shot resounded through the air, it appeared Momo was lost in her bloodlust frenzy.

“This is her fight, her reason to live for. Who cares if she dies here, she will be glad to have done everything she could and would hate you for interfering,” spoke a voice deep inside Alberio. A cold shaft of ice could have run down his spine for all he had known, the voice was all too familiar. The tone the speaker used was taunting, playing with Alberio, striking deadly points on his sanity. Alberio turned his head around instantly, the voice was not there. He turned to his right, nothing there, to his left was the same. The voice lingered in his head long after he heard it vanish, the hair on his arm refused to fall back down.

“Momo!” shouted Alberio once his attention was again on the scuffle. She was being held by the throat and fading fast. **** YOU X! thought Alberio sharply, he dashed forward and caught Momo when the Leader cast her aside and turned his attention to Alberio himself.

Alberio cradled Momo and surveyed her damage. His face didn’t show what he saw, did not give away any misleading emotions. Almost a collapsed lung, one, maybe two, broken ribs, and a crushed throat. Alberio placed two fingers to her wrist and checked her pulse as he counted, normally he would use the neck vein but in her condition may prove more damaging than helpful. Good, he thought, she still had a strong pulse.

“Momo, I’m sorry,” said Alberio. He carried her with one arm while the other took off his cloak. He wrapped her in it to prevent her from thrashing about as she rested. Then he bent and placed her on the ground by the building, away from the newcomers. He remained there for several seconds after laying her down, cautiously he put a palm to her forehead and spoke, head bowed. “Sorry I broke my promise, but I’ll fix it now.”

Alberio stood suddenly then and faced Cyberia, he heard him say something rather interesting. “Come Half-breed.”

Alberio thumbed the shackles on his wrist, he knew it would be close to life-threatening to take them off one more time. He seriously considered that option. He fingers twitched every passing second. He now stood between Cyberia and Momo, but in such a position to block any of the other bodyguards from reaching her as well.

“I had no business with you, until now,” spoke Alberio coldly, his voice was an icy hell. “I won’t hold back.”

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast