+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Mythological Mechwarrior

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mythological Mechwarrior

Security was getting even tighter now at the Sety IV space port. It took Robert and Debra a good hour and forty-five min to actually be aloud access inside the space port huge landing pads. Now they were sitting on the edge of the massive trucks flat bed waiting for their supplies to arrive. Apparently how ever the ship had not made planet fall yet. It was instead waiting in low orbit for clearance from the control tower to give them a go ahead after being inspected for possible Blakist. How ever they were still waiting to be inspected. Drop ships were huge monsters that could hold up to two Lances of battle mechs, and it takes time to search even one of those things.
    Robert and Debra have been waiting for their supplies on the tarmac for over two and a half hours now. The sky was dark now and the air had gotten much colder. Street lamps were on and build bored advertisments and name of buisnesses now lite up all of the space port. The Sety IV Space Port was actually a city or more accuritly the city was the space port. The city never really had a name and always thought of it's self as part of the Sety IV Space Port for one reason or another. Either way the place was huge and there was always something to do.
    Debra was listening to the com chatter on what has been going on in the Durav system, doing her duty as the Lances com officer to stay informed of the ever changing situation.
    Robert on the other had was getting very impatient and becoming down right irritable and very bored because of the long delay. He understood completely on the necessity of doing a ship by ship search and was all for it, how ever, that didn't mean he cared much about the waiting.
    "So what is exactly going on Debra?" Robert asked as he sighed.
    Debra just shooshed him, not even turning her head to look at Robert.
    "You haven’t moved in over an hour Debra, I wouldn’t even be surprised if you’re stuck in that position."
    No answer from Debra this time, not even a shoosh. She either didn't hear him or she was ignoring him.
    Robert just sighed. "What ever, I am going to go ask the guards to see if they know when the Beast of Burden is going to land."
    Once again Debra didn't move. She also didn't seam to notice, or cared that Robert just got up and jumped off the flat bed and on to the tarmac.
    Robert strolled over to two near by guard who were stationed at the main door to the traffic towers.
    The guards quickly spotted Robert approaching and settled their hands on their side arms and unlatched the leather strap that held their hand guns in place.
    "Holt!" Ordered one of the guards who was to Roberts’s right. "You don't have clearance to enter!"
    "That’s alright, I wasn’t planning on entering, I was just wondering if you two know when the Drop ship, the Beast of Burden was going to touch down."
    The two guards faces looked to have relaxed a bit but their hands were still on their side arms. One of the guards simply turned his head and gave the other a nod while still keeping an eye on Robert.
    The other guard pulled out a flat hallo pad and scrolled down dozens of ship names.
    "The Beast of Burden is in the middle of a search now, but should be done in about a half hour or so."
    The guard powered down the hollow pad and put the drop ship manifesto away.
    "Thanks fellas." Said Robert, giving the two guards an approving nod. The Guards returned the gesture and slowly took their hands off of their side arms as Robert walked back to the flat bed.
    Last edited by Scourge; Nov 24, 2008 at 10:11 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Gek. dropped the knife and walked up grumbling "there goes my meal..." and then in a more cheerful voice "I have my knife no more so why do you still point the gun at me? You know it is rude..."
    death and life are one and the same

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Debra then received visual of the events. The comm this time looked to be of Dragoon manufacture. The warrior, on the other hand, sported AO colors. He was now chasing down a group of fully armed and armored Blake soldiers with only a vibrosword. The Blakists were screaming as if a demon were on their trail. "Sorry it took awhile to get visual," the warrior said. "I had to knock out their jamming device first. Somehow, they have managed to get another 250 people here, two of which are Blake "Priests" using their dimensional tech. I suspect that one of those devices opened a hole between dimensions. I am not sure though, I destroyed it already."

The man was definitely handsome. It was as if he had been put together to be physically perfect in every way.

A purple glow emanated from the bear. The creature was nearly 15 feet long. {I could have gotten myself out,but I wasn't exactly sure where the other creatures were and I had no desire to accidently skewer the radioactive racoon.} He pointed outside the ship then. One person was seen cornereing the creature. Suddenly there was a flash of light coming from the coon. The next moment, the man was ashes and wisps of smoke were rising up from those ashes. {See what I mean?}
    Last edited by gamemaster331; Nov 27, 2008 at 01:40 PM.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Robert climbed up the large tires of the truck before planting him self right next to Debra where he was exactly a min before.
    "Well" Robert spoke up" it would appear that the Beast of Burden is in the middle of their inspection, but they should be done in about a half hour or so."
    Debra finely looked in Roberts’s direction "That’s good, and then we can get back to our stations."
    Robert smirked which caused Debra to raise an eye brow at "What’s so funny?"
    "If I tell you, you will only get mad."
    This got Debra's attention "Spit it out, that’s an order." She demanded softly.
    "Alright" Shrugged Robert "I found it simply humorous that, that was the most you have said and the first time you have actually moved in well over three hours."
    Debra's scowled at Robert and felt her face turn red and hot with anger at him poking fun at her. But that quickly faded for three reasons. One of which was she ordered him to say it, secondly because it was true and it would be childish to snap at such a small remark, and thirdly was because it was just so damn cold out right now.
    The wind was blowing; bring down the freezing air off the mountains and down to the valise where they were. Several times she thought she had felt the cold touch of a snow flake. Either way she was freezing and had not come prepared like Robert had with his thick jacket. There was no way in knowing that she would be stuck out here on a freezing tarmac.
    Debra tried to continue to monitor the situation which could very well come to their door step at any time but it was difficult to with her teeth starting to chatter. Debra soon felt something warm over her shoulders. She quickly turned to look. It was Robert; he took off his jacket and covered her with it.
    "Can't have our communications officer freezing to death." He said
    "Oh and why is that?" Asked Debra with a smile on her face "Is it because command might send you a replacement you could not screw around with?"
    Robert chuckled "That and mostly because we would miss you to much."
    Debra let out a small chuckle as well. Truth be told, she really liked Robert, yes they tend to piss each other off from time to time but she knows that Robert has a real kind heart and would never say anything that was mean to any one, unless provoked of cores, but even then he would keep it civil. Robert wasn’t like most guys Debra has met. He was kind hearted, very forgiving, and very understanding. One thing she also liked about him is that in a one on one conversation Robert would listen to every word she had to say then compared to most guys she had met before.
    "Your smiling Debra, your not suppose to smile, your suppose to be trying to snap my neck and use my body as a punching bag. The cold air must be affecting you some how."
    Debra laughed, genuinely laugh. "Your right, the cold must be affecting me, so don't get use to it."
    The both of them let out a good laugh.

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

She looked around at the other creatures being let out of their crates. Something was really off here. There was a lot of creatures bio engineered for pets and certain types of bio dome environments but nothing like the creatures standing before her. The cactus was having trouble with one of the locks so Carrollyn went over to help.... him? it? Jinx suddenly hissed and sprang at one of three men that came racing into the ship, they were trying to hide from the mad man with the vibrosword.

Jinx landed on one guy's shoulder using claws and fangs to great detriment. Another of the men grabbed Carrollyn from behind by the throat. He pulled her sword out of it's scabbard and threw it across the deck. "May be the pretty missy here can act as a shield from him." The third man grabbed Jinx off of his victim and threw him hard into the bulk head of the ship, Jinx's limp form laid there, not moving, as Carrollyn struggled to get away from her captor hollering for Jinx to please get up or move.

Man number three pointed a pistol at her "quit yer strugglin' and maybe you'll come out of this alive." She complied, what other choice did she have? man one went into the bridge of the ship then came back several minutes later. " No weapons on this freighter and the engine was damaged in the fight so we can't take off. Our best bet is to use her as a hostage and try to get to another ship."

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Devoted Otaku gamemaster331 is off to a good start gamemaster331's Avatar
    Thanks

Another man came running into the ship. "Is this thing rad proof?" he said trying to shut the door. A small black form was inside the ship milliseconds later. The geiger counter on the one suddenly shattered from the intense radiation being given off by the small creature.

Small needles punctured the man who had grabbed her from behind, the wounds far more painful than they should have been and another was staring into the angry face of the glowing purple bear. Carollyn could see the cactus thing now applying some of it's sap to her khatt. He was feeling more powerful as the substance soothed his wounds and accelerated his healing.

The gunman's weapon suddenly melted from an intense jet of flame. The creature that had done it stood about 2 feet tall and was very Draconic in appearance. It had smoke coming from it's tiny jaws and it looked as if it were going to breathe again.

Meanwhile, orders came in to Debra that the team was supposed to see if they could help out the situation on the University 2 systems away. Higher up was having trouble believing that a lone warrior was managing to keep ALL of the combatants in check. An Eriddani Light Horse ship had gotten into the area and was taking pot shots at Blake ships thanks to the local Duke hiring them and so they were getting full readouts of what was going on, a condition of the contract.

The man who had dropped his weapon picked it back up and started going after his fellows. He was Special Forces and an expert Sniper when allowed to do his job. He was yelling at the others "You shouldn't be going after the Predator. You'll only tick him off." Everyone else was thinking that this particular Blake had finally cracked.
    Last edited by gamemaster331; Nov 27, 2008 at 01:41 PM.
    "What part of Evil don't you understand?"

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

The man holding Carollyn started screaming and trying desperately to get out of his uniform and armor, the pain from the spines of the cactus creature being made worse as he struggled. Carollyn raced over and picked up her sword and laser pistol that she had put down to open the Bear's crate. She turned just in time to see the stupid idiot facing the bear attack it with his sword. The bear blocked the attack with no effort and proceeded to take him out. {Pest! Are they all like this?} He asked Carollyn. "Just the ones dressed like him. They attacked us for no reason. And the one with the vibrosword is fighting them by himself." she answered back. The bear took off down the ramp of the ship.

Man Three started screaming as a very angry Ghatt threw himself onto the guy's face and a black raccoon came up behind him, tripping him. She looked over at the first man to see him being restrained by the cactus and dragonette. At least she thought it was a dragonette. Sounds of heavy battle were coming from right outside the ship. Carollyn went to the door and looked out to see a totally amazing battle going on. Both the mad man with the vibrosword and the purple bear were in the middle of a major battle against the invaders. She watched in amazement as they fought as a team, the bear was herding invaders toward the mad man. He was handling the sword with such skill that it seemed to her that he was dancing, never before had she seen sword play that was so graceful, and he always managed to miss the bear even when it looked like he had no choice but to cause injury. And the bear looked like it was actually having fun.

Two men suddenly ran around the ship, the one in the front fired his pistol wildly at her grazing her arm so she dropped her laser. She brought her sword up and around swiftly to catch him in the throat. He stumbled back into the other guy, who just pushed him off and came at her with his own sword. Her brothers had made sure she was competently trained with her weapons. The fight was short as he was fighting desperately but not smartly, and she was pissed beyond belief. She quickly had him disarmed and down, then watched in confusion as he began to scream and.... smoke?

She felt a presence and looked down between her feet to see a black face looking up at her with a very mischievous look on it's face. Jinx was sitting at the top of the ramp in the door washing a bloody paw, {Can we keep him? and the spiky one too? I like them.}

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Thanks

Robert watched in the chilly air as a small twinkling star began to slowly move through the night sky. It shind brighter then any other start in heaven.
    "About time the Beast of Burden was done with it's inspection." He said.
    Debra continued to moniter the fighting that was still going on. "They want us to do what?!" she exclaimed. "Don't they know that we are just a small contingent here on Sety?" There was a pause as she let the person on the other line continue. "I am glad you agree that such a request is down right moronic as there is only five groups here for diffence on Sety IV and have stricked orders to stay here..." The man cut her off before she exploded into the head set "I understand the situation completely, how ever we are ill prepared for such a venture, hell one of our mech warriors is here on the tarmac with me, him and I are little use." She paused for a sec to let the man speek before continuing. "I understand, yes, copy that, out."
    "Well that was a rather lively conversation, what did they have to say?" Asked Robert.
    "They want us to use the Beast of Burden and transport our Lance to Durav."
    Robert looked puzzled. "Why us, we are the smallest lance here, the largest mech we have is my Uziel..." He paused for a sec. "Oh I get it now, it's because we are the only lance Sety IV can spare."
    Debra simply sighed and nod.
    "Oh great this will be fun."
    "No joke, we will accompeny the Light Horse Mercs and secure the space port before they send in heavier hardwear down."
    "Makes sense to me."
    By this point the Beast of burden was a roaring fireball as it came in through the atmosphere. A few minutes later it activated it's large egine drives which quickly slowed it's decent. Another minute later it touched down on the tarmac, kicking up dirt and dust and other small particals as it's massive engines roared to a stop.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast