+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Rewrite

Newbie Kismet is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Rewrite

Tears ran down Nyxś cheek. But this is the only place us angels have anymore..what do we have no?! NOTHING?! We do nothing but help people...WHY?! The sanctuary was gone into ash. Nyx dropped to her knees. WHY DONT THEY JUST LET US BE! They will never just let us be. My people are good and sweet, where their people do nothing but corrupt! Why do WE have to suffer. Nyx was in some sort of a panic even though it was clearly stated that this was the future and that it could be stopped.

Legendary Otaku GrimmjowJaggerjack is off to a good start GrimmjowJaggerjack's Avatar
    Thanks

laying in a huge crater and black stuff spreading across my body "get it off of me aahh"syrix said

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Something was wrong. He could feel it in his bones. He needed to wrap this up quick, time could be of the essence...

*chuckle* Time...

Cursing in his cockpit, Daniel Castigator skillfully manipulated the controls of his Mech, dodging a swing from a Royal Guard Combat Mech. Firing the last rounds in his Mech's rifle into it, he slammed it into the Guard's Mech sending it crashing to the ground. Pulling Psi-Crow's knuckle duster from it's cradle in it's left shoulder, he pounded the Mech until it stopped moving. Looking up to see a ally's Mech on the ground about to be finished off by a Royal Guard, Daniel fired Psi-Crow's Head Gatling into the Guard's visual sensors, blinding it long enough for the ally to silence it with it's rifle.

Looking at the battle showing on his rear view screen between the rightful Heir & his in-power Uncle, he remembered all the preparation they'd been doing for this moment. People had come from all across the lands to help put an and to the reign of the power hungry Uncle, but it was still a small force, small & untrained. they'd come bringing with them all manor of Mechs & machines, everything from vehicles that barely worked to agricultural Mechs to a few rare combat Mechs. He'd help prep them all, arming them the best this small rebellion could. When someone had suggested the non-combat designed machines provided long range cover fire to draw the forces out, then have the few combat Mechs they had assault from the other side he'd agreed to join the assault. Even now, the imaginatively equipped machine & Mech artillery were firing on the Royal Guard forces as they returned to defend their leader, however some were still going for the rebel artillery.

"They've passed the safety marker! All Artillery crews get the Hell out of there!!!"

As the crews made good their escape, Daniel got back to keeping the guards & their Mechs out of the battle behind him. The rear assault had managed to flush out the Uncle in his custom Mech, & Daniel had spent most of his time prepping the Heir's Mech. Now it was time to see if all that time had been well spent. Seeing one of the assaulting Mechs blow up in a spectacular explosion, he barked out for the rest to hold the line as he fired up his Aile Striker flight pack, charging into the enemy wishing he could use his Beam saber blades rather than just the knuckle duster handles...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Otaku Muffin is off to a good start
    Thanks

Magnus gently placed his righthand hand on Nyxś shoulder. He never enjoyed snapping at people, but it was starting to become a habit he couldn't break. He could feel the cold mechanical logic of his implants affecting his brain, changing him into a being of rational unemotional thoughts.
    Magnus walked on, saying nothing. If there was any compassion left within him he wouldn't need to say anything.
    Last edited by Muffin; Oct 24, 2008 at 09:44 AM.
    Baldrick, you wouldn't see a subtle plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a Harpsichord sining "Subtle plans are here again!"

Devoted Otaku Ghattenpaw is off to a good start Ghattenpaw's Avatar
    Thanks

Muea stepped out of the Rift shaking her head. She hated the sensation. "Not good." as she looked around the area. The decay was setting in quickly. Mangus was dealing with the angel, who was not taking this well at all. She remembered how she felt trying to save her own people or at least those she could.

Muea shook her head again. Now wasn't the time for things like that. She was getting that psi tingle again. She turned scanning the area. Nothing. Without realising it she had grabbed her Disruptor from it's holder, She was on full alert feeling like she was being followed. She made her way to the Police Base.

Anything is Pawsable
    Growing old is Mandatory-Growing up is Optional

Newbie Jace is off to a good start Jace's Avatar
    Thanks

A rift in the time space continuum. One had actually exists. Seeing as how this rift must have been here for a long time they must have been able to maintain a balance in time. Though, that might have changed and most likely why they have been summoned here now. As they entered the rift, Jace suddenly felt a surmountable strain on his suit. The joints creaked and suddenly the suppressed concrescent energy unconsciously leaked from the suit in tendrils of omnicolored light. “It seems time travel is having an affect on the suits power…” Suddenly Jace looked up in shock, though no one else could tell through his suit of armor. “Its absorbing the energy of the rift!” Jace finished holding up his braced hands and looking at them. And just as he thought he could see energy streaking down his arms and into his suit. It must be a new element for the suit to be able to absorb it. The element of Time itself. Soon the tendrils faded as the concrescent energy had its fill. Jace felt an immense amount of power surge within him for a few seconds before it died back down in a suppressed state.

After a while the group exited the rift and stepped onto a planet that was being ripped apart. Somehow it looked extremely familiar to Jace. This reality was dying.
    :"The power of the Mind, The power of the Heart, The power of the Soul, The power of the Body, The power of the Memory, The power to protect, The power to destroy, It lies within every being And within every being lies it"

Otaku psychical is off to a good start psychical's Avatar
    Thanks

An Offer You Simply Can't Refuse, Part 2

The Polaroids lay strewn on the table. Though she now knew what her assailants looked like from behind the ski masks, the knowledge did little to stir any feeling of compunction in her. In fact, she thought, they had it coming; not that I don't care entirely, but it would've been better for everyone – and by everyone, that includes the bank robbers – if they only left Sister Martha alone. They didn't. They got what they deserved.

Timmy took the other espresso and gulped some down. “Yecch,” she scowled.

The lady in the pantsuit did likewise, before continuing. “It's not like I haven't already seen the footage taken at the bank, but maybe you'd like to share. Camera footage and eyewitness reports could only reveal so much, I suppose.”

The girl hesitated for a bit.

“Is this off the record?”

“I'm afraid it ain't. We won't be holding anything against you; quite the contrary. But I'll tell you what's in store for you only after you've finished your side of the story. We don't get too many bank robbery cases of that sort, you know, so I'd like to hear your side of the story.”

“I suppose you're right. Well... as I was saying, there we were, Sister Martha and I, at the bank. We took a number – 74, if I remember correctly. Afterwards, I led her to the waiting area before filling out a withdrawal slip to be signed by her when I got back. I won't tell you how much we took out, though. I suppose I don't need to. You probably know that anyway... Right?”

“Right you are.”

“The bank isn't exactly the most interesting place in the world, especially when the waiting area's jam-packed with people who came in before you did. So I grabbed me a newspaper and waited for our number to be called. Sister Martha decided to take her afternoon nap where she sat. After all, on any other day of the month, that would've been her siesta time anyway.

“I was seven minutes into the world events section when what happened, happened. Everyone was startled by the sound of gunshots, Sister Martha included. The guards lay on the ground, bleeding from their wounds. Tell me they're OK...”

“They are. None of the injuries they sustained were fatal, thankfully.”

“Thank God. Now one of them – it was the lady, I think – screamed something to the effect of 'Everyone get down, this is a bank robbery'. And that's what everyone did. Now Sister Martha, she's kinda... old. Aching joints and all. Not that it bothers her, but I don't suppose she gets down on the floor that often, the way people do during a robbery.”

“So she just sat there?”

“Yes... and what's more, she was shaking like a leaf. For crying out loud, she's an old lady! Give her a break! She was the only one left not down on the floor with their hands behind their backs. Maybe that's why they singled her out. She was shaking in her seat, clutching her purse...

“Then one of them – the leader, I think, the skinhead in the picture – walked over and said 'lady, I said get down'. He sounded intimidating.”

“What did she say?”

“Nothing. So I said to the guy, 'Give her a break, what can she do?' He turned to me and told me to shut up. What's more, he called me a... Ooh, I hate him! I've never been called anything like that in my life! And I'm from Harlem! The neighborhood boys swear like sailors, I know, but at least they know how to treat girls right! Ooh! Why, I... I...”

Agent Warner cleared her throat.

“Oh, sorry, I got carried away. But what he called me wasn't what made me snap, I swear. What really did it was when he grabbed Sister Martha by the arm and gave it a strong jerk. That's when... THAT happened.”
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

((There is method to my madness...
    And madness to my methods...))

Smashing down another Mech, Daniel heard the radio crackle again.

"All Artillery crews evacuated. Enemy Mech arriving in 3,...2,...1,...

Suddenly the area shuddered as the artillery machinery detonated, bringing down most of the enemy Mechs with it, secondary artillery finishing the job. Picking up an Royal Guard Mech & throwing it into another one, Daniel looked up at the fight between the rightful Heir & his Uncle as a huge crash announced a powerful hit on the Uncles Mech. The Mech stumbled backwards, armour crumbing from around the cockpit as it collapsed to the ground. Pushing pieces of shattered armour out of his cockpit, the Uncle stared at his nephew, then back at his flickering cockpit. The Heir turned to the rival factions & raised his Mech's gorilla fisted arms into the air, thinking he'd won. Seeing his last chance, the Uncle managed to power up & aim a primitive energy canon at the Heir & that's when things went weird.

Suddenly time itself slowed down, a ripple effect from a large instability somewhere nearby. Most of those in that reality didn't realize, since they slowed down with it, however Daniel couldn't help notice. Seeing everything slow down, he cursed as his controls did the same, wrestling with them for response. Managing to get Psy-Crow airborne, he sent his Mech flying towards the Heir. Flying over his head, Daniel sent Psi-Crow into a steep dive, getting directly into the path of the energy blast as it was fired. With everything gone bullet time essentially, the energy blast seemed to take forever to hit Psi-Crow, going straight through the chest armour & cockpit before breaching the crystal reactor. Suddenly time returned to normal speed, Psi-Crow going limp from the hit, it's inertia sending it skidding & crashing into the Uncle's Mech, pushing both through the railing of the lookout. Few heard the Uncle's cry of Noooooo, before Psi-Crow's crystal reactor detonated, destroying both Mechs in mid air.

A week later, the Heir had taken his rightful place on the throne. The Royal guard had sworn their loyalty to him, so they were no longer a threat, with some of the rebels signing up to replace those who'd died. Finally having a secure grip on his power, the now King was holding a ceremony to honour all who'd fallen on the lookout the decisive battle had been fought. Hidden in the shade of some nearby trees, Daniel stepped out of a time portal, looking back just in time to see the cockpit get annihilated. Staying in the shadows of the tree, he watched as the King revealed a plaque commemorating the dead, chuckling slightly as the King revealed a second one honouring the "Unknown Pilot who sacrificed himself to protect the rightful King".

Walking off into the hills, chuckling as he went, he finally stopped once he reached a secluded, remote area. Pulling out his sword, he threw it to his side, took a few steps away then turned back towards it, an old man standing there instead. Looking at the old man, he sighed.

"I know you felt that too. That was no ordinary time ripple. Something was wrong with it, very wrong. You got any clues?"

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast