Closed Thread

Thread: RPG Member Questions

Newbie loveItalian89 may be famous one day loveItalian89 may be famous one day
    Thanks

RPG Member Questions

Yeah! I have a question! How that here with the RPGs? I'm new on this site and I just know RPGs from a German community and it seems there are big differences between these ones here. Could tell me maybe please?
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jan 13, 2007 at 09:35 AM.

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

RPG Member Questions

If you read the guidelnes I edited under the first post of this thread, it might answer your question loveitalian89, if not, send me a Private Message asking for help and I'll try and help you as much as I can.

Also, reading the RPG's that are already happening could help you to understand how to participate in this section of the forum. And please do not post into a given thread unless your post is pertinent. Posting a question in an active RPG isn't permitted, posting in an OOC thread or Recruitment thread unless your thinking of joining is not allowed, posting a question in an idea thread that doesn't advance the idea is prohibited and if ever you have questions, ask them in this thread or PM me or Sinistra, though I may be quicker to reply since Sinistra is a busy busy person
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jan 13, 2007 at 09:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Otaku souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima may be famous one day souichiro_arima's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anyone make an RPG?

Wait I have questions... can anyone make a RPG anytime??? if that so, can I make one??? And hiow will I start it... I start one but one of the moderator close it because it needs to be approved.. Now how will I make it approve??
    Last edited by Dragon Ball; Jan 13, 2007 at 09:36 AM.

"Bring salvation to akuma's soul."

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: RPG Member Questions

To have an RPG thread approved, you need to start in the Idea section of the forum. This section allows members to post a thread that explains a concept that the thread starter thinks would be interesting to create an RPG with. If the ideas are coherent, clear and complete, there is a fair amount of chance that the idea will be accepted. Take note, certain concepts that are too complicated can keep potential players away, though a very basic concept could leave a potentially good RPG too vague for others to want to get involved in.

Once you have been told by a moderator that your idea is good to go, you can post an Out Of Character (OOC) thread in the OOC Chat where you can have registrations, discussions about your RPG that is about to begin/has begun and whoever posts in the OOC thread must have a link to the RPG in question. Someone that is not participating in the RPG or hasn't been recruited should not post in the given thread. It is highly suggested that you PM the creator of the RPG if you want to join or have a question if not part of the RPG yet. Once your in though, it is a great place to have general fix ups and questions that every participants could all benefit from.

Now, once you have your idea approved and your OOC thread has a few interested people to start Role Playing (RPing) with you, you can post your RPG in the RPG forum. Make certain to have at the start of your first post the story and setting of your RPG as clear and nice as possible. Do not forget to post a link to the rules of this forum and write down rules which you would want to add to the RPG that you have made. As long as the rules do not go against those cited in the AO rules for RPG's, you may adapt your environment as you see fit. The more things are cleared out, the easier it will be for people to get into the story and feel the world you have created for them and yourself to live through for the next few weeks, months or even maybe years if you manage to keep the story going and players that don't dissapear on you

I hope this answered your question...I'm off to bed :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Thanks

Hi there.
    ok first off I would like to know how come there is no character training area?
    look what I mean is you can create your character, but you don't want to kill him/her in the first 10 mins of an rpg.
    so my point is this can AO create a character training school.
    btw this would be a great way to get new people to understand how to play.

P.S. Put a level limit on it so only characters of level 1-5 can use it.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Closed for restructuring.

Closed Thread