View Poll Results: what is your best part of fmp?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • the action

12 70.59%
  • the mystery

6 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Full Metal Panic Is Awesome!!!

Otaku Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Full Metal Panic Is Awesome!!!

I have to agree with ketaro, the most disappointing part of the series is whether Souseke and Kaname end up together or not. I need closer! It's killing me! Although, if I probably read the series it would answer a lot of my questions. But then that means having to spend money I don't have. T_T

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi_Kitty_Angel View Post
    I have to agree with ketaro, the most disappointing part of the series is whether Souseke and Kaname end up together or not. I need closer! It's killing me! Although, if I probably read the series it would answer a lot of my questions. But then that means having to spend money I don't have. T_T
    Again, I must concur with the two above. The part that really annoys me, though, is that Full Metal Panic, like InuYasha, has the brainless, ditzy female protagonist who criticizes the male protagonist for taking the necessary action to deal with the problems which result because of her in the first place. Then, they whine and complain how psychotic or rude the male character is, all the while really pining over him (which he is somehow supposed to notice, and if he doesn't, then he's an "idiot").

I just wanted Kaname to realize that yes, Souske is the way he is because he's been fighting as a guerrilla since childhood, so anything that comes off as him being some military nut is really just his means of survival. You'd think she could be a little more understanding, and rather than trying to "fix" him like he was a pathetic loser, just be there for him if he had questions about civilian life.

Maybe it would have worked out that way if they had one big stand-off between "Kashim" and Gauron (sp?). Not the typical "Oh, Souske's fighting against this unknown guy" stuff, but finally the old Russian Spetsnaz commander coming forward to Kaname, and just telling her straight out "he fought against me when he was a child." You know, one of those "Unforgiven"(1992), "He finally said who you was," kind of moments.

Otaku Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze may be famous one day Schwarze's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a mecha fan so I obviously watched the anime. Aside of its nice storyline and battle scene, I kinda dissapointed that ther isn't many interesting mecha in the whole 3 seasons... Arbalest and Venom (which my fave in the series) are the only two. Plus the lambda driver technology is kinda similar to gundam wing's zero system. From the series, what I like the most is its character development... especially war-maniac Sousuke starts to understand living in society and his feeling towards Kaname, and vice versa (which expressed a lot in Fumoffu) and Kaname's feeling when Sousuke is not around in season 3. But, yes the relationship between the two isnt explained anymore in the end season 3... (although Teletha's feelings toward Sousuke is quite clear in season 3's OVA) I hope it's a potent weigh for season 4 if it exist^^...

Lives link to one another, and the world continues...

Otaku Toecutter may be famous one day Toecutter may be famous one day
    Thanks

There wasn't just the mass produced Venom and the prototype Arbalest, though. There was also that third Lamba-driver arm slave used by that kid from the faction A21 (the giant red one, that needed the Lambda driver just to move).

And the Lambda driver is not like the Zero system in Gundam Wing. The Zero system, which is also used in other Gundam universes, is meant to give normal humans Newtype abilities, including predicting probable futures. The Lambda driver, however, uses emotional responses from the pilot to manifest electromagnetic fields or concentrated particle beam/energy fields (did it ever explain what exactly the Lambda driver used in the two/three seasons?).

In effect, the Zero system is an advanced sensory filtering and computational system with a neurological interface to aid the pilot in the age old "Space Invaders" dilemma, of shooting where your enemy is GOING to be, rather than where they are at the moment. The Lambda driver, on the other hand, is simply a more efficient weapons system with a direct neurological interface. There is some element in the Lambda driver, therefore, that requires significant mental concentration to function, rather than just a trigger to pull.

Otaku Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel may be famous one day Chibi_Kitty_Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Toecutter on the whole trying to "fix" the military nut. Why not try to understand why he is the way he is instead of constantly calling him an "idiot". Yes it's true that they started to finally understand their feelings for each other towards the end of season 3, but then there's still no closure. Ugh!
    As for season 2 FUMOFFU - I liked it, but it was still lacking something. I can't quite put my finger on it. As for all of the mecha stuff, I absolutely don't understand it at all. I just don't pay much attention to that stuff.
    You're probably wondering why in the world would I watch the show, well I thought it was hilarious and I loved the characters, Souske is the best. I love his military outlook on things. Kaname, she's a little too overbearing but she's got guts.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3