+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: air bending mastery?

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: air bending mastery?

before i start... i would like to correct0n1-suka... the specialty of water is not ice (they can control ice, water, and steam even without the presence of the blue moon... episode 9, i think, of book 3 entitled "the puppetmaster" shows that the specialty of water is blood-bending, which can only be done during the full moon, and not ice.

Quote Originally Posted by 0n1-suka View Post
    water ~ ice
    fire ~ lightening
    earth ~ metal
    wind ~ ?
    i believe that with this kind of thing, it is with respect to other benders... it contains within it the element of relativity, so i don't think we can be able to ideally identify what an ideal specialty is...

my friends and i would like to think of something similar to blood bending... haha... i t would be that an airbender can force out of a person's lungs air causing the person to suffocate... haha.

but then again, i believe any bender can do that... make a vacuum of sorts...

oh yeah... to add, i believe the avatar cannot master any single element, and i mean the "ultimate" of any single elements, kind of like a jack of all trades but a master of none... i think that no avatar can gain blood-bending, metal-bending, and lightning-bending... i mean, that would somehow keeo the balance of the 4 elements within the avatar... sort of a check and balance system...
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Newbie 0n1-suka may be famous one day 0n1-suka may be famous one day 0n1-suka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    before i start... i would like to correct0n1-suka... the specialty of water is not ice (they can control ice, water, and steam even without the presence of the blue moon... episode 9, i think, of book 3 entitled "the puppetmaster" shows that the specialty of water is blood-bending, which can only be done during the full moon, and not ice.
    note:this is my oppignion given the writers would admit other wise I would still think like I do.

I stand with what I previously stated , blood bending as fancy as the name may sound is still water bending , they're not bending the actual blood of the persone, then I might of agreed with you but the fact of the matter is , they use the moons power to be able to detect the water in the ppl's blood.

IMO freezing water into ice in seemingly tropical temperature seems more like a mastery of your element then using the moons power to detect water in someones blood .

I reckon water benders (from living in the south and north poles) had a more accessible way to learn how to controle ice , wich is why most ppl reject it at first as a mastery since a water bender that uses ice is quite common and most ppl seem to be under the impression that the mastery has to be something unknown or " exclusive " like metal and lightening bending

I know alot of ppl will disagree with me but I really belive what I said ,I'll admit blood bending is awesome , its a dangerous , almost unknown skill but it dosn't fit in the cathegorie of an element mastery , its just regular water bending , pushed to its limit

Edit: to reply to your edit

the 4 masterys are part of the elements, each mastery element is a branch of their main element , I dont understand why the avatar couldnt learn them , in his avatar state aang could even use 2 elements at the same time , when he morphed into avatar roku he melted rock into lava thus using fire and earth bending at the same time

Edit 2: and while reading your first post I was under the impression you were talking to me as if it was common knowlege that blood bending existed at the time I created this tread , roughly 2 months ago , let me assure you I'm perfectly up to date with the Avatar serie , i'm currently at episode 11 or chapter 10 part 2 if you prefer
    Last edited by 0n1-suka; Nov 23, 2007 at 04:45 AM.
    Above heavens , below heavens . Only I exist , unique and absolute

Newbie Domineuce is off to a good start Domineuce's Avatar
    The last place you would look, your sister's closet XD.
    Thanks

Wind has a direct connection to weather, often then not wind could have a relation to gravity as whats been said, but these all originate from Chinese martial arts. Wind's all about evasion and momentary repulsive defenses. The point of the Air Nomads teachings ended up being to avoid confrontation so they were the most famous for Evasion, Speed, and Light Power.

Lol, Aang can run hella fast, his center of gravity to the earth is light, and using air alone to a certain magnitude he could manipulate the other elements (like when he lifted that rock with a gust of air to give the impression Momo could earth bend.)

Airbending has a light touch over the others, If I had to guess it's probably the universal influence.

Uber abstract.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4