+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: The Avatar

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Avatar

Since Avatar: The Last Air Bender isn't an anime (Its made in California), I'm moving this to Sensory Pleasures.

Otaku toonfan630 may be famous one day toonfan630 may be famous one day
    Thanks

WOW. That was a slap in the face, right, lol. Syd, you still up for it or do you want to back down, lmao.
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Leave me and my simple sig alone. I like it. ^o^

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Since Avatar: The Last Air Bender isn't an anime (Its made in California), I'm moving this to Sensory Pleasures.
    I don't insult anyone but if I'm I think the creator are american but the animation is done is Korea.

Thanks

I got a letter from Aceman, lol. Wow, I need to watch my language. Whatever, lol. Anyways, Syd are you going through with it or you just gonna roll with the punches?
    "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde.

Moderator Fling The Cow Champion, Abba The Fox Champion deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18 may be famous one day deodaclan18's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright, I defended your rights to request this here: Request Anime Categories

I for one enjoy the show and think it has a lot of area for discussion, which would be better to group it in one area rather than seeing it scattered. So, now, can we get back on topic please.
    Attitude of AO MODS, according to beast
    Because they have obtained that level they are arrogant. You have to kep in mind when you talk about these guys they are kind of dorks who probably didn't excel at much and this is their only outlet to flex their muscles. Their egos would suffer no less so the the forum suffers some more. Watch one way or another they will probably repond to this post with a threat. But there are better forums out there. Private messege Zev.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Avatar the Last Air Bender isn't an anime, its an American cartoon. Is it heavily influenced and drawn in the style of anime? Yes (Avatar director Giancarlo Volpe also claims the staff "were all ordered to buy Fooly Cooly and watch every single episode of it.), but that doesn't make it an Anime. It would have to be made in Japan for it to be an anime.

Me stating that it wasn't an anime and moving it to a non-anime forum on the board wasn't meant to be a "slap in the face" or an "insult", but merely a statement of fact.

Also, Toonfan, you said the F-word on the open forum, that violates the site rules, and you were given an infraction for it. Use better judgment in the vocabulary you use. Just because Profanity is in your vocabulary doesn't mean you have to use it. Using it doesn't make you look cool or seem older, it simply shows that you weren't imaginative to come up with something better to say.

~ Edit ~

And hey, what'd ya know, my 1000th post...

Thanks

Heh, wow. Thanks Mr. Aceman, I'll keep that in mind. I'll never ever say anything like that again, promise. As for "slap in the face", I think Syd knew I was only joking. You "old" people have to stop taking things so seriously. And I don't give a skallydip (Jamaican slang) that it wasn't made in Japan. It's an anime. And who was the high and all mighty chief that first said, "It can't be an anime if it wasn't made in Japan." I want to meet this person.

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Avatar the Last Air Bender isn't an anime, its an American cartoon. Is it heavily influenced and drawn in the style of anime? Yes (Avatar director Giancarlo Volpe also claims the staff "were all ordered to buy Fooly Cooly and watch every single episode of it.), but that doesn't make it an Anime. It would have to be made in Japan for it to be an anime.

Me stating that it wasn't an anime and moving it to a non-anime forum on the board wasn't meant to be a "slap in the face" or an "insult", but merely a statement of fact.

Also, Toonfan, you said the F-word on the open forum, that violates the site rules, and you were given an infraction for it. Use better judgment in the vocabulary you use. Just because Profanity is in your vocabulary doesn't mean you have to use it. Using it doesn't make you look cool or seem older, it simply shows that you weren't imaginative to come up with something better to say.

~ Edit ~

And hey, what'd ya know, my 1000th post...
    In Japan, the term "Anime" does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; instead, it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world. According to what most people believe if an "Anime" is not made in japan is not an "Anime".

So what about Harmony Gold USA, they produced Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. Here is another one "IGPX - Immortal Grand Prix" co-produced simultaneously by Cartoon Network and Production I.G. We also have "Samurai Jack" which uses masking-based animation.

So how come all this Series are "Not Anime" and The Transformers are!

Just for those that don't know The Transformers is an American animated television series written and recorded in America, and produced for American audiences the series was animated in Japan and South Korea, and was based upon the line of transforming toys by American company Hasbro.

Also how come stormhawks is consider to be an "Anime" since the show was created in "Canada"

Let me know what you think!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast