+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Avatar: the last airbender - Anime or not?

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

Avatar: the last airbender - Anime or not?

I've been wondering the whole time about this, can Avatar: the last airbender be considered an anime? Well coz I think it shows at Nickelodeon and all that stuff. . . AHHHHH!!!! It's so confusing!!!

Newbie fallen_ninja may be famous one day fallen_ninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Abt Avatar: the last airbender

yeah it can anime is a bout drawing stlye but im not sure if it comes from japan thought
    The power to destroy lies within all of us some ignore it some imbrace it me well just don't mess with me. What is death but a voyage to another realm ?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The generally accepted definition of Anime (outside of Japan) is that Anime refers to animation features written and targeted towards a Japanese Audience.

This would place the Nickelodeon show in the category of Anime influenced shows, going the ranks of 'Power Puff Girls', 'Teen Titans', 'Jackie Chan Adventures' and 'Xaolin Showdown' as series written and targeted towards a US audience....

Having a series animated by a Japanese studio isn't by itself, enough to classify a series as Anime. US series such as 'X-men Evolution', 'Batman Beyond' and 'G.I. Joe Sigma 6' were all animated by Japanese studios, but few people would classify them as 'Anime' series
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie anika may be famous one day anika may be famous one day anika's Avatar
    Thanks

Avatar is clearly american and the definition of anime is cartoons drawn in japan so no it can"t

Otaku alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3 may be famous one day alex1_phang3's Avatar
    Malaysia -> Sabah -> Kota Kinabalu -> Jalan Kepayan
    Thanks

O.K . . . . . . Targeted to Japanese audience? How do I know who it's targeting?

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Re: Avatar: the last airbender - Anime or not?

This is a post I made no so long ago to answer a similar question to this one!

"In Japan, the term "Anime" does not specify an animation's nation of origin or style; instead, it is used as a blanket term to refer to all forms of animation from around the world. According to what most people believe if an "Anime" is not made in japan is not an "Anime".

So what about Harmony Gold USA, they produced Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles. Here is another one "IGPX - Immortal Grand Prix" co-produced simultaneously by Cartoon Network and Production I.G. We also have "Samurai Jack" which uses masking-based animation.

So how come all this Series are "Not Anime" and The Transformers are!

Just for those that don't know The Transformers is an American animated television series written and recorded in America, and produced for American audiences the series was animated in Japan and South Korea, and was based upon the line of transforming toys by American company Hasbro.

Also how come stormhawks is consider to be an "Anime" since the show was created in "Canada" "

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Avatar's own creators and Animation Director have said that the series is heavily anime influenced, but that the show isn't an anime.

@Syd

Storm Hawks isn't an anime either... and why'd you put my Countries name in Quotes...

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Avatar's own creators and Animation Director have said that the series is heavily anime influenced, but that the show isn't an anime.

@Syd

Storm Hawks isn't an anime either... and why'd you put my Countries name in Quotes...
    I'm sorry bro! I did not mean to insult you. I was just trying to emphasize that the show was made in Canada.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast