+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: English dub superior to the Japanese dub

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

English dub superior to the Japanese dub

Its actually on of the better animes i have seen. You have to love the gore and blood in it plus Alucard kicks a## i say.Now i just have to see the OVAs for it i already seen the tv series so im good on that end.
    Last edited by koga23; Sep 10, 2007 at 01:11 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hellsing

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Its actually on of the better animes i have seen. You have to love the gore and blood in it plus Alucard kiss a## i say.Now i just have to see the OVAs for it i already seen the tv series so im good on that end.
    And as expensive as the OVA episodes are, 'Hellsing Ultimate' is easily worth the price, as its the best Anime Vampire flick to come out since 'Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust'. 'Hellsing Ultimate' also has one of the best English dubs to come out in a long time. This is one of the few cases where the English dub is actually superior to the original Japanese soundtrack...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

And as expensive as the OVA episodes are, 'Hellsing Ultimate' is easily worth the price, as its the best Anime Vampire flick to come out since 'Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust'. 'Hellsing Ultimate' also has one of the best English dubs to come out in a long time. This is one of the few cases where the English dub is actually superior to the original Japanese soundtrack...
    Now i find that interesting that the dub quality is superior to the original Japanese soundtrack.But if it is that good then it is really is worth it i am a big fan of the Anime Vampire flicks and i have seen Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust' which i must say was one of the best movies i have seen to date. So i hope i do get the OVAs soon because i really want to see them.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

No denying the ultra awesome that is the Hellsing OVA series but to me the subs are superior.
    Especially Jouji Nakata as Alucard. His voice can't be topped.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    No denying the ultra awesome that is the Hellsing OVA series but to me the subs are superior.
    Especially Jouji Nakata as Alucard. His voice can't be topped.
    IMHO, trying to pull off Catholic curses in Japanese just doesn't work well...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

IMHO, trying to pull off Catholic curses in Japanese just doesn't work well...
    Well it is true that Hellsing with it's European setting fits the European languages but going from quality alone I'd take the Japanese cast any day.
    The one that really stood out in the dubs was Jan Valentine.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

i've seen all of Hellsing episodes and 3 OVAs so far and they're really good to me ,the fourth OVA episode will be released at the next fifth of October as i heard
    Last edited by LichGRIFFIN; Dec 06, 2007 at 05:58 AM. Reason: font color
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

The TV series follows the Manga series for only the first third of the 13 episode series, then it goes off telling its own tale, (as the Manga plot was still very incomplete) which ends on a cliff hanger...

Now the OVA series (Hellsing Ultimate) closely follows the original Manga story, with the original Manga-ka (author) a consultant for the OVA, and actually had a hand in choosing voice actors for their roles

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast