+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hellsing & Hellsing Ultimate

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Hellsing & Hellsing Ultimate

Which should I watch first? does one start off another? I know Ultimate is more so of the story in the Manga but I want to watch these in order. Is there even an order? Let me know AO

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hellsing & Hellsing Ultimate

Grumble Grumble Grumble

There is no correct order. The original Hellsing TV series put out by Studio GONZO committed the common Anime series sin of catching up with the Manga series it was based on after 4 episodes. After that, the series went on its on merry way, ending unfinished with an unresolved cliff hanger...

The first two episodes of the Hellsing Ultimate OVA covers basically the same grounds as the first 3 episodes of the TV series, but then splits off to continue the original Manga story that didn't exist when the TV series was made...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

The Joker Reincarnate Curveball Champion Jokerman may be famous one day Jokerman's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh wow. So, is it even worth watching really? I mean, if it's only gonna leave you angry, giving you no type of closure then why even bother watching it right??

I believe…whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you…stranger.
    Jokerman's Twitter Page: www.twitter.com/JokermanUno
    Thanx Shin Ryuga!!!!

Newbie bpoponmyheart is off to a good start bpoponmyheart's Avatar
    Thanks

The show needed to keep going, it just kind of ended. I watched Ultimate second (it amps up fan service to a ridiculous point). Though the series ends abruptly in the plot, I think Alucard is such a bad-ass character that it's totally worht the watch.

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerman View Post
    Which should I watch first? does one start off another? I know Ultimate is more so of the story in the Manga but I want to watch these in order. Is there even an order? Let me know AO

well.. my opinion.. You should watch the original Hellsing first so, you know what's going on... And, then watch the Ultimate!

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I suggest watching both, starting with the original anime series.
    Then you go on to the (vastly superior) Ultimate series which follows the manga (usually a good thing). Hellsing Ultimate is now at episode 5, it was released on October 24 in Japan.

The Hellsing manga is already finished and will probably consist of 10 manga volumes in total. Volume 9 has already been translated and is sold by Dark Horse Comics.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    I suggest watching both, starting with the original anime series.
    Then you go on to the (vastly superior) Ultimate series which follows the manga (usually a good thing). Hellsing Ultimate is now at episode 5, it was released on October 24 in Japan.

The Hellsing manga is already finished and will probably consist of 10 manga volumes in total. Volume 9 has already been translated and is sold by Dark Horse Comics.
    Ultimate is vastly superior because it actually has Nazi's in it. And the original had that eyeball guy, Incognito.... who's really a terrible character.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka View Post
    Ultimate is vastly superior because it actually has Nazi's in it. And the original had that eyeball guy, Incognito.... who's really a terrible character.
    Well yeah, listen to this mignonette Jokerman. Also, as you can see by looking at her signature, there is the all-important issue of the uniform colour change. Complete Internet wars were fought about that!

Basically it's like this, the first 13 ep Hellsing anime starts out similarly to the manga but then goes its own way and doesn't return. It's indeed inferior to Ultimate (but then again, what isn't!?) but that doesn't mean it's bad per se. It has very good music and the animation isn't bad either. Most of the ghoul blood has been replaced by an ash-like substance though...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast