View Poll Results: Who's siggy is better?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abu Dhabi

3 60.00%
  • equinn

2 40.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GFX BATTLE: Kingdom Hearts (Voting)

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

GFX BATTLE: Kingdom Hearts (Voting)

Ok here is the next battle, the theme of the battle was Kingdom Hearts, please pick the best siggy!

The entries are as follows, please vote for your favorite! Poll will close in 3 days!!!

Abu Dhabi:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhabi
    equinn:
    Quote Originally Posted by equinn

CONTESTANTS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: GFX BATTLE: Kingdom Hearts (Voting)

vote to Abu... the sig's concept is creative (though I dont' care much for the text or the pixelation effect).

Can't vote for equinn, simply because I think I know the 2nd cosplayer (Die-chan) and I don't think she'd appreciate being used on a signature without credit or permission ^^; Even if it isn't Die-chan (she's not online at the moment to ask), I'm pretty sure any cosplayer would feel the same way about their photographs popping up on other people's signatures.

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

I voted for Abu Dhabi on this one. I liked the idea of old meeting the new, and the character chosen.But the text and quote could have bin a little differently i thought.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

tsurara it happened s...

people are used all the time in that way ....

and if they have them online with out anything to show u cant use them they might as well be aloud to be used ....

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    tsurara it happened s...

people are used all the time in that way ....
    Just because people do something all the time doesn't mean it's good manners...

Posting a photo of yourself online may, in effect, mean that you're opening the door for anyone in existance to use your image as they like. But that doesn't mean it was your intent... or that you necesarily agree with that use.

I could always take your photos from the gallery, post the heads onto topless fat women and repost them on 4chan and argue that, because you posted them in the first place, that's my right.

Doesn't mean you'd be happy... or that it would be polite.

Reguardless of whether others agree with me: I firmly believe that personal images of private individuals are never quite "public domain". Using or reposting other people's personal photographs without permission is never acceptable to me. It's a breech of privacy. These aren't celebrities... they're fans like us. And we should treat them the same way we'd expect to be treated.
    Last edited by tsurara; Jan 25, 2008 at 11:19 AM.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Actually the rights to a picture belong to the photographer and not the person being photographed, more than likely (if she posted it) she violated copyright laws by posting the picture on the net to begin with. So I really don't see why one would need her permission or even to credit her for that matter.

In terms of what we do here on AO it has already been established that fan-art as well as actual pictures of people are "fair game" to sig makers just like normal scans.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    In terms of what we do here on AO it has already been established that fan-art as well as actual pictures of people are "fair game" to sig makers just like normal scans.
    I didn't say it was against the rules. I said it was bad manners.

I wouldn't appreciate my own face or artwork popping up anywhere without knowing about it and I don't think most people here would appreciate that either.

Not everything always boils down to legality. In fact, legality would dictate that pretty much 98% of this site's content isn't legitimate.

It's an issue of netiquette.

Thanks

I wasn't disagreeing, only stating the higher ups have said it was ok...not much we can do about it. I personally don't think Fan-Art should be used unless you got permission to do so...people's pictures I am so-so about. If it wasn't used in a derogatory manner then it really shouldn't matter...but if it was much like your example then I would say that would be wrong but that is just my opinion....since I don't post my mug on the net I can't say it applies that much to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast