+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo (His and Her Circumstances)

Otaku Sneakyarrow is off to a good start Sneakyarrow's Avatar
    Thanks

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo (His and Her Circumstances)

At first I though this anime would be like any other Shojo anime, where they would take forever to confess their love. I was surprised, though, When they (finished) confessing their love early on in the anime. What the rest of it is about is them going through difficult times with each other, while balancing their grades and homework. There is quite a bit of comedy mixed in with all of it. The only down side I had with it, was that the picture was grainy, like you see with old films. All in all I give it a 8.5 (out of 10 of course).

Est Sularis oth Mithas
    Going home soon.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Kareshi Kanojo no Jijo (His and Her Circumstances)

I personally liked this series as well.

If you like romantic comedies, as well as Slice of Life high school drama's, then you'll like Kare Kano.

I would however, recommend the Manga over the Anime. Simply because only the anime covers only the first 7 out of 21 volumes that the manga has.

This series deals with some pretty heavy subject matter, like suicide, child abuse, abandonment, pre-marital sexual relations and the risks involved with that (IE Pregnancy). It also touches on peer pressure and bullying. It does all that with out losing sight of the fact that this series is a comedy as well, and a funny one at that.

Go read the manga, its English adaptation is published by Tokyo Pop, and they did an excellent job and will keep you riveted till the end (And the ending is one of those touchy feely warm feeling in your chest kind of endings)

+ Reply to Thread