+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ranma 1/2

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Ranma 1/2

If you have ever seen the image of a anime panda on backpacks or clothes, and wonder what this means? Then you have probley seen the character, Genma Saotome-the father of the main character with the same name as the title of the show, Ranma. This is the story of Ranma who goes to China for training with his father who is training him to inherit the, Anything Goes School of Martial Arts. Instead of not only inheriting this style of martial arts
    he also inherits a curse to go along with it, for after his father and himself fell into each there own cursed spring they get their very own curse for falling into these springs. Whenever Genma is splashed with cold water he turns into a panda and for Ranma he turns into a girl whenever he is splashed with cold water. The only way for them to revert back to their original selves is for them to be splashed with hot water. This is not Ranma's only problem, he has to also marry a tom boy named Akane, who hates boys, in order to become the true heir to their parents fighting school (it is a arranged marriage). This is the basic story of Ranma, I used to highly recommend this anime because it is funny and the fight scene's are good as well. However I say this now after watching the entire seven season's and say this anime has the worst ending ever and for someone who not only invested time and money into this series, it has left me bitter towards Ranma, it leaves more questions then answers and is very disappointing If you seriously like Ranma 1/2 then buy the manga or the OVA, otherwise don't buy the series because it will crush all the enjoyment from watching or reading Ranma, and if you still don't take my advice and decide to watch or buy the series to find out for yourself, then just don't buy the last season, keep the dream alive.

Newbie ThanatosLoveChain is off to a good start ThanatosLoveChain's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ranma 1/2

I read a few of the manga volumes some years back,and I loved it very much. I'm sorry if the ending is so bad in the dvd? I have never seen any of the show yet.

Newbie Touko Ryogi is off to a good start Touko Ryogi's Avatar
    Thanks

Ranma's TV series started its steady decline after Season 3, really. But yeah, the last season was pretty bad, the manga's ending was a bit better, but it's a typical Takahashi ending, I won't say what, but anyone who knows a few of Rumiko Takahashi's works knows what I'm talking about. In any case, I second this recommendation, it's a classic anime and it's really good for a casual watch on a day when there's nothing else really going on and you could use a cheap laugh. Just don't watch it for an epic plot or character development, you won't find any of those around in Ranma 1/2.
    Last edited by Touko Ryogi; Jul 30, 2008 at 10:05 PM. Reason: eek, terrible grammar

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Touko Ryogi For This Useful Post:

Franco (Jul 30, 2008)

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThanatosLoveChain View Post
    I read a few of the manga volumes some years back,and I loved it very much. I'm sorry if the ending is so bad in the dvd? I have never seen any of the show yet.
    I have seven volumes of the manga and they are a little bit funnier then the shows, but like I said after I finished the series I just can't stomach another Ranma anything even thought I liked the Manga but thanks for reading my unrecommandation

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Never been a fan, but then again I was never a fan of any of Rumiko Takahashi's works. Too many recycled characters with quirks that get old fast.

Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Thanks

i loved this series and recall sitting for hours reading and laughing, and thoroughly enjoying it.. it was great, but i always have to admit the ending was really bad, and it was way too long without a resolution. it has had it moments in my classic comedy anime library,and even if it is not takahashi's best.. i still loved it.. plus i still have my panda backpack.

+ Reply to Thread