+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tenchi Muyo!- The OVA

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

Tenchi Muyo!- The OVA

Tenchi Muyo is the story of Tenchi Masaki who is training to work for the family shrine that hold's the remains of a female demon name Ryoko, who he awakens when he breaks into the family shrine. And from then on it is pure comedy bliss with some fighting, space police, and space princesses thrown into the mix, how will Tenchi survive?, which makes the viewer wonder if Tenchi thinks he is a cat (Inside joke). This is a oldie but a goodie, I just wonder if funimation is going to leave the dubbed intacted (because in the Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki', version I heard the dub and most of the original voice actors were changed, and since I saw that funimation had the last two Tenchi shows I figure maybe they might re-release this title but with these voice actors instead of the original.) anyway this is the series that got me into anime (after watching Akira, it also got me interested in what anime was). If you are a anime fan or just looking for a marathon anime to watch with a group of friends (eps.1-13), then Tenchi Muyo! is a must to watch.
    PS.
    I have the original OVA on DVD before it became rare and it was worth every penny.
    Last edited by Franco; Jul 23, 2008 at 08:45 PM. Reason: In response to Lenmiyata

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Tenchi Muyo!- The OVA

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Note that the FUNimation release is the 3rd OVA series of 'Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki' of 7 episodes in length, and occurs after the events of the spin-off series 'Tenchi Muyo GXP'

The Official Tenchi Muyo Ryo Ohki Anime Website from FUNimation
    The Official Tenchi Muyo GXP Anime Website from FUNimation

The original 'Tenchi Muyo' OVA series was published by Pioneer Animation (which eventually became GENEON USA) with the episodes Out Of Print and somewhat hard to find.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread